Diary Help

Options
Hey all! Im new to this and was seeing if anyone would be willing to look at my food diary for the past week and see if there are any bad thing I am eating.

Replies

• Kelsea13
    Options
    of course! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    eat more lean protein. that protein number you see should be considered a minimum. and stuff you get from a Taco place shouldn't be considered lean protein.
  • olnsar
    olnsar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're better than I am - I just can't seem to give up wine and dessert :)
    My only question is: are you not wild about vegetables? It seems like you are better with fruits...
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are u able to give me some ideas for more lean
    protein
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're better than I am - I just can't seem to give up wine and dessert :)
    My only question is: are you not wild about vegetables? It seems like you are better with fruits...

I am definitely a fan of fruits. I like veggies but cannot seem to eat them enough.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    More protein and less added sugar. A little diversity in your diet might help you too. The body gets used to the same thing day in and day out, same with exercise. Shake it up a little! :))
  • doitright017
    Options
    I am new is there any willing to help me as well?
  • Kelsea13
    Options
    i agree - add more protein. When you eat oats for bfast add a scoop of protein powder. I use Sun Warrior which is brown rice protein but you can use any kind. It tastes great!
  • H_Factor
    Options
    lean proteins = fish and other seafood, chicken, ground chicken, ground turkey, white meat turkey, bison, protein mixes with little fat/carbs.
  • H_Factor
    Options
    I am new is there any willing to help me as well?

first, I recommend starting your own thread. second, your food diary is apparently password protected. you will need to make it open to the public if you want comments on it. finally, good luck to you on your journey.
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are u able to give me some ideas for more lean
    protein

Nuts are a good source of protein, but can be high in fat, but the good kind of fats, as well as peanut butter. However, for peanut butter, I would probably suggest a reduced fat version. Chicken breast, turkey breast, and fish are all good, lean proteins. Protein powders and some bars can be good too, but when using powders and bars, make sure there's not too much sugar.

And yes, I would for sure eat more protein. I've found that the protein counts on mfp are a tad bit lower than they probably should be as you need to eat a lot of protein, especially if you're strength training. The count on there should be your absolute minimum I would say.

Hope that helps!
  • doitright017
    Options
    i took it off