Pregnancy - October 2011

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question: im in maintanince mode after hitting my goal in april. How have the weight gain been for u all? I dont want to put on 40)bs again! Although I will be more sensible second time around. Any runners here? Ideally I would like to continue for as long as I can

I'm a runner. Though I had to stop at 20-something weeks because it was starting to hurt. I've been walking and doing light weight lifting. With my first 2, I gained 50 lbs and then 65 lbs. This time, I don't think I'll even hit 35. I've only gained 28 and only have 4 weeks left to go. Nesting, here at the end has also served as a good calorie burner for me. :tongue: I cleaned for 6 hours straight a couple weeks ago and burned 909 calories. lol

thanks! that helps. im hoping to be able to do similar. nice to know that it can be done properly.

You're welcome. :) I just wish that I was able to be more active. But at this point, if I were more active, I'd be a miserable, contracting mess. lol
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    anne- thankyou :)

today was a much better day then yesterday. im 5 days postpartum after my c-section and i managed to go for a small 20 minute walk and have napped a little throughout the day. connor was fussy last night, not going to sleep until 4am but then he slept right through until 9 which was a godsend!

He pees and poops like a sailor! :laugh: and thinks its hilarious to pee everywhere as soon as we take his diaper off lol. He's feeding every 3 hours on the dot at the moment which is nice and predicatable, and he feeds for about 40 minutes each time. hes already back to his birth weight which i find amazing, his cheeks are getting nice and chubby:love:

he loves me singing to him and gave me a big gummy smile this morning for the first time, made my heart melt!!!

congrats to all of the newcomers :) this forum was somewhat of a lifeline during pregnancy so make sure you post alot, that seemed to make it work the best
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

There are a few familiar faces on this board from the TTC board.

After exactly a year of trying, my husband and I finally got out BFP this past Friday! We actually were in the infertility doctor's office that morning, scheduling my IUI for this month - how ironic! We are ecstatic!

I am a little nervous - I've been very very lightly spotting since Saturday and have had very light cramps every once in a while. I have an appt with my ObGyn on Wednesday, and am counting the minutes to it. We have been waiting so long for this and don't want to lose it!

I can't wait to get to know you ladies! Have a great evening!
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Melissa! So happy you have your little one to hold now!
    Good luck Jenna! Hope all goes smoothly for you!
    Lindsay and Scorpiomom are getting close too! Anyone else I miss due really soon? I can't remember as I'm not looking at the threads...

Finally all moved into the house minus some odds and ends to put away! Thanks for the support during this past month! I have been dealing with a heck of a stomach bug since Thursday! I've thrown up so many times I've lost count! My husband got worried about me Saturday- I was sort of not responding because I was so dehyrated. I finally kept some gatorade down for longer than an hour, so no hospital for me! I've finished throwing up, but have been nauseated for the last 2 days. I feel like I'm starting my pregnancy all over again with the sick stomach!
    25 weeks now! Starting to look at bedding, and carseats, and all the other little bitty baby things that are so fun to look at. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by compared to my first! I have a midwife appointment on the 4th. My birthday is the 6th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, David's birthday, our anniversary and then it's BABY TIME! I looking forward to all of these events to keep me busy.

Welcome to the newbies!
    Good luck to those of you who are TTC
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Felt really nauseous for the first time today. Still feeling it. I got that really HOT feeling wash over me as I was teaching and had to sit down. I was secretly plotting which students would get hurled on ;)
    I have duty outside today during recess and here in Arizona it is still way HOT, in the 90's. I have comptemplated asking to be switched for today. I'm going to fill up on water and hope for the best for now but if it seems like too much then I'm just going to have to go inside.
    I'm almost 8 weeks and getting on the scale this morning, I noticed I am up 3.5 lbs but I suspect some of that is bloat. How much did everyone else gain in the first trimester? I was hoping for none. Oh well...
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    quick update:
    breastfeeding has improved dramatically throughout the week (connor is a week old today). all signs of engorgement, cracked and bleeding nipples have all disappeared! yaaaaaaay!!! i think this is due to more consistent feeding (every 3 hours), good latching and limited pumping.

connor had his first peadiatrician appointment the other day and literally peed all over himself and projectile pooped all of he docs office, i would have been mortified if it wasnt so damn funny!!!:laugh:
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    Mukie89->omg my son did that his first visit too..I laughed along with the nurse though so no harm..
    Glad the breast feeding is going better!!!!!!!
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    12 weeks pregnant today!! Almost to the 2nd trimester! !! I have only gained 1.4lbs so far! Got a doctors appt on Tuesday and hopefully get to hear the heartbeat and find out when i can find out the sex cause i want to know now lol
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies,
    I'd like to offically join the pregnancy group. :) I'm 5 weeks along, so it's brand new. Hubby and I are very excited! Looking forward to sharing each others' experiences. Lost one at 3 months back in March and we've been TTC every since. Finally happened. YAY!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can it be December already?
  • adrianhelen
    adrianhelen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I would like to join your group. I am 5 months pregnant with my third baby and I am trying not to put on too much weight. I never really lost the weight from my 2nd baby that was born just 2 years ago. I had severe problems with heartburn and was so limited on what I could eat anyway. So I didn't feel the need to track. I was put on medicine and in the past month I just went wild eating all the stuff I love I couldn't have before the medicine. So now it is time to get it together.
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sorry it’s been a while since I posted anything. Welcome to all the new ladies!

Melissa – CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing your birth story. I’m so glad to hear that breastfeeding is going well now. That’s hilarious (and yucky) that he had a blowout at the doctor’s office. At least the nurse thought it was funny too!

Jenna – Were you induced yesterday???? I hope it went well!

Kim – I’ve had some good luck with the Motherhood line at Kohl’s too. Some pants are hit or miss on the fit though.

ElizabethJ17 – I was thinking of getting one of those Angelcare movement and noise monitors. I’m not ready for it to be December! The only things we have for the baby are a few clothes, a dresser and a glider. We have a lot of shopping to do before then!

Julz – How is your son doing? Did the MRI results come back ok?

Juliaotwellsmith – I can’t believe it’s still so hot in Arizona! I would be dying. I only gained a couple pounds in the first trimester, but then I had a big jump in the second trimester.

Stacy – We’re getting close! I’m glad your LO is growing well.

Scorpiomom222 – I’m finally starting to get a little taste of nesting. I found myself sitting on the kitchen floor scrubbing the outside of the oven and dishwasher the other day. It seems like everywhere I look in my house there are things that need to be cleaned!

Caperfae – I’m glad you and Autumn are doing well!

Mariababe81 – My weight gain has been pretty steady. I’ve gained around 26 pounds (starting weight was 135) so I should have no issue keeping under 35 pounds. I’m 34 weeks now and I’m still able to do weight lifting a couple times a week and I’ve found that using the elliptical at the gym is more comfortable than walking sometimes.

Michelle – Time is going to fly by, especially with the holidays and birthdays coming up. I can’t believe how fast the last month or two have gone. I hope you’re feeling better!

Sandijones5783 – Great job on the weight gain so far. Hopefully your appointment goes well next week.

And for me – I had another appointment today. I’m measuring at 36 weeks and I’ve gained 26 lbs so far, and my doctor seems very happy with how I’m doing. I’m having a lot of swelling in my hands (not really visible, but I can’t wear my rings anymore and it’s hard to make a fist in the mornings). My doctor basically said, yup, all that uncomfortable stuff will go away when the baby comes! I’ve occasionally been having some sharp pains down low, and he said that’s probably my cervix starting to efface and dilate a little. It’s nice to know the pain serves a good purpose!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

There are a few familiar faces on this board from the TTC board.

After exactly a year of trying, my husband and I finally got out BFP this past Friday! We actually were in the infertility doctor's office that morning, scheduling my IUI for this month - how ironic! We are ecstatic!

I am a little nervous - I've been very very lightly spotting since Saturday and have had very light cramps every once in a while. I have an appt with my ObGyn on Wednesday, and am counting the minutes to it. We have been waiting so long for this and don't want to lose it!

I can't wait to get to know you ladies! Have a great evening!

YAYYY!!!!! Woot woot! I'm so excited for you!
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Rachel. I'm 18 weeks pregnant today. I have been a member of my fitness pal since January. I was doing well and almost to my goal weight before I got pregnant. I have had a hard time accepting getting bigger, and gaining weight. I'm super excited to be pregnant, and want a healthy baby first and foremost. I haven't been weighing myself at all because I'm worried if I think I gain too much weight. I will restrict my eating and I don't want to do that. I'm trying to eat only when I'm hungry and eat healthy good food choices. I have been pregnant 3 other times, and gained exactly 25 pounds each time without worrying about it. I have been to the doctor have only gained about 5 pounds. This is normal for me as I tend to put on most of the weight in the 3rd trimester. Any suggestions?
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am so glad I found this group. I am 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby...I am hoping and praying that I don't gain much this pregnancy. I gained about 20-25 with my other 2 which isn't bad but it never came off...lol
  • ElizabethJ17
    Options
    So this week has been a tough week for our family. My daughter has a genetic disorder that I also have called OFDS type 1. She needed surgery to place a VP shunt when she was 7 months old. It drains the excess fluid from her brain down to her abdominal cavity. She has a dysplastic right hemisphere of her brain causing left sided weakness and seizures. With everything going on she is a trooper. She is super smart and the only delay now is she hasnt started walking yet. My husband has had four surgeries for his heart one to place an icd one to repair the pocket they made and another to remove an infected icd and place it on the other side of his chest. It has been a tough couple years with everything. This week we found out my daughter has a bicuspid aortic valve instead of tricuspid valve and that she is showing signs of thickening in her heart muscle ( HCM ) she alsp had an abnormal ekg. They want to keep an extra close eye on things with her which is good but I am so frustrated. When will she catch a break? I am trying to remain positive that everything could be worse. Im sure my hormones arent helping.
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    Elizabethj17->omg..I hope everything gets better..Thats alot on your plate to deal with!!!!!

I'm so tired of bed rest.:ohwell: .Only one more week to go on bed rest though!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
    I'm 11 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY YAY!!!!!!!!:happy:
    My morning sickness is starting to get better.It's not all day like it was thank goodness.But geez is it hard to go to sleep at night!!!!

*Hope everyone is feeling great latley and WELCOME to all the new MOMMY'S...
  • ElizabethJ17
    Options
    FitMommyLuv- thanks I hope so too. Glad you are almost done with your bedrest. I must have missed seeing you had to go on it. Hope you are hanging in there!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    mukie89~ My doc told me that it is too intense (she does it too). I (personally) think she is out of her mind! I have danced all my life and have been zumbaing for years now 1-3 times a week. If I stop now, not only will I gain a ton of weight, but my body will start falling apart just in reaction to lack of movement as a dancer. She has suggested that "they" wouldn't like to see my heartrate over 140 and would only like me to walk and bike lightly. 140 is my warm-up! There is a girl in my class that was in class until the day before she delivered and now she puts the baby in a carrier and still does it! I know everyone is different and I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I really think I will be fine. I know I'll have to calm down a bit, but I don't think stopping is a good idea.
    Sorry that your body is fighting back too. :frown: You are getting close tho! I have a stationary bike at home that I love! Happy biking!

i am a nurse=midwife and i would tell you to keep doing it and modify as you need to. Listen to your body! chances are as you keep exercising your placenta will be even more effective and usually women who are very active will even have bigger babies eventhough they don't gain a ton of weight. ok, for the disclaimer...i don't know anything about your pregnancy or your health history but if you aren't having any problems there is no reason to stop!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Rachel. I'm 18 weeks pregnant today. I have been a member of my fitness pal since January. I was doing well and almost to my goal weight before I got pregnant. I have had a hard time accepting getting bigger, and gaining weight. I'm super excited to be pregnant, and want a healthy baby first and foremost. I haven't been weighing myself at all because I'm worried if I think I gain too much weight. I will restrict my eating and I don't want to do that. I'm trying to eat only when I'm hungry and eat healthy good food choices. I have been pregnant 3 other times, and gained exactly 25 pounds each time without worrying about it. I have been to the doctor have only gained about 5 pounds. This is normal for me as I tend to put on most of the weight in the 3rd trimester. Any suggestions?

keep eating healthy and don't worry...if your baby is growing appropriately you are doing your job! you will have a big jump at around 24 week (maybe 10 lbs) so don't freak out!