Life's New Journey October Challenge

Options

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i had problems with the chart this morning.

I am having trouble also. I can't add anything on the chart.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Chart worked for me this morning @ 9:30am CST
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon everyone! I have to say I really love this challenge. The chart is amazing!!! Donna you are doing such a great job!!! I really thank you so much!!!

My question to you is this, " Are we going to keep up with this chart/challenge until we reach our ultimate goal??? It would be wonderful if we can continue for as long as we need to be in it. Most of the challenges that I am in are for a couple of weeks only...I really need something that can hold me accountable until my goal is reach.

On another note, hope everyone is doing great!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good Day All,

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Just a quick reminder that today is weigh-in entry day. Please enter your weight and answer the question of whether you want to continue in this group. In answer to the question will we continue until we reach our goal, the answer is I will continue to do the spread sheet every month as long as I have people that want to go on this journey with me. There will be a new spread sheet and I will start a new forum for November. We may even get some new people. A question for everybody is on another group that I was in they had teams and the teams competed to be the highest losers. Is that something we want to do or stay individual???

Monday's Mini Challenge:

Food - keep your calories below your target amount. It might also be a good day to re-evaluate your targets. Are they working for you or do they need a little bit of tweeking.
    Cardio - The weather is getting cooler as Fall is upon us so either bundle up and enjoy the brisk fresh air for a 30 minute walk or maybe do some dancing around the house for 30 minutes. Let's just get the heart rate up.
    Strength - Oh the dreaded crunches. Let's try for 100 and it does not matter how.
    Emotional - Did you know getting enough rest can have a direct impact on your ability to lose weight? Not getting enough sleep can cause you to eat more often or make poor choices (In an effort to compensate for feeling groggy, we tend to naturally reach for higher-calorie, high-fat foods.). Getting enough sleep also ensures that you feel energized enough to exercise and that you work out to your fullest capacity when you do.
    Water - Drink at least 8 - 10oz glasses of water today!!

Have a great day.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink:

Donna

p.s Did anybody do the 100,000 step challenge last week?
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A group challenge would be fine by me. Might give me a bit of a kick as I struggled a bit last week.

Craig.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everybody had a great day yesterday. I am still waiting for a few people to check in on the spread sheet so hopefully I will have results later today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge:

Food: I am feeling a little down today and that usually results in me looking for something sweet (chocolate) to eat. Instead I am writing here. So today my challenge to you is to watch the amount of sugar that you consume. Be very mindful that there is hidden sugar in everything. If sugar, glucose, fructose etc are amongst the first 3 ingredients on the list, that usually means that product is high in sugar. If you are a soda drinker, you are consuming huge amounts of sugar with every can. Try to cut them out. Chocolate for me was harder to give up than smoking.
    Cardio: You might be in a little bit of a rut and need to change things up. The internet is full of free videos, some short, some full length. Take a few minutes and find something new to try. Should be at least 30 minutes of increased heart rate.
    Strength: Gonna do some upper body work. These ones are called seated laterals. Find weights of some kind to make this a little bit of a challenge. (soup cans, milk jugs, the dog & cat (lol)). Lets try for 50 today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zohLHTjFH0&feature=BFa&list=PL036A7986394B5D7A&lf=results_main

Emotional: Like I said, today I am feeling a little down. The scale is going up, I run my butt off every night, I eat within my limits and the worst part of it all is that I am doing it all alone. I started this journey Sept last year and without all the friends and conversations on MFP there is no way that I would be where I am today. I just want to say Thanks and there are many people here to help us through our Journey.
    Water: drink at least 8 10 oz glasses of water.

Have a super day.

Keep smiling :smile: :love: :smile: ,
    Donna
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i would like group challenges in friendly way. Because I am in phase with very low motivation. So it would good if I know that there is some who belives I do my best. That would kick *kitten*.
    I am emotional down , too. I am eating a lot of crab at the moment. I stay under my calorie goal. But not to make the right choices makes me very sad.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Hope everybody had a great day yesterday.

The Weekly Winners Are..............

Bridgette -1.58% -2.5lbs
    Heathermckillop -1.27% -1.8lbs
    tammihart -1.04% -2.0lbs
    luvlyluv -.81% -1.6lbs
    Kathas0trophal -.74% -1.82lbs

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Wednesday's Mini Challenge:

Food - Some people really like the sweets and others really like the salty. Sodium is one of those hidden demons. Like sugar it is in high amounts of many foods. The is especially true of processed food, boxed food, or eating out. Try to keep your sodium intake to below 2500. Drinking lots of fluid will help with higher sodium. **How salty are your tears or perspiration???
    Cardio - Did you find something new and exciting to do yesterday?? Today pretend that the elevator and escalators wherever you go are broken. Take the stairs.
    Strength - Outer Thigh Lifts. Lets do 50 each leg. If you don't have an exercise ball just do them laying on the floor or even standing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66HqsVxkRxY&feature=BFa&list=PL036A7986394B5D7A&lf=results_main
    - Inner Thigh Lifts. Lets do 50 each leg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKR209nWCdE&feature=BFa&list=PL036A7986394B5D7A&lf=results_main
    Emotional - Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try.

Have a great day,

Keep smiling :smile: :smile:
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    could someone explain how the winners are picked? I was very suprised to see my name.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    The spread sheet data is sorted and I pick the top 5 losers according to percent of weight loss. I hope that explains it.

You should not be surprised at being a winner. You are doing awesome.
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    could someone explain how the winners are picked? I was very suprised to see my name.
    I was also surprised to see mine! The accountability thing is really working for me :)
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning. Happy Thursday (I think)

Thursday's Mini Challenge:

:flowerforyou: Food - FAT!!! Watch the amount of fat you consume. Weight loss range is 55-77 grams or less of fat per day.
    Choose lean meats, fish and poultry. Limit these to less than 6 ounces per day. Other good low-fat sources of protein include dried beans and peas, tofu, low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk, low-fat cottage cheese, and tuna fish packed in water. Choose skim or 1% milk. Enjoy low-fat cheeses (no more than 3 grams of fat per ounce) or nonfat cheeses or spreads. Try low-fat or fat-free versions of your favorite margarine, salad dressing, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
    When preparing foods: Trim all visible fat and remove the skin from poultry. Bake, broil, or grill meats on a rack that allows fat to drip from the meat. Avoid frying foods. Sprinkle lemon juice and herbs/spices on cooked vegetables instead of using cheese, butter, or cream-based sauces. Try plain, nonfat, or low-fat yogurt and chives on baked potatoes rather than sour cream. Reduced-fat sour cream still contains fat, so you must limit the amount you use.
    :flowerforyou: Cardio/Strength - Today we are going to combine cardio and strength. Lets do a five minute walk in place warm up, then a two minute jog in place, then 10 squats. Repeat the jog and squats 8 more times and finish off with a five minute cool down.
    :flowerforyou: Quote of the Day - Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track. This is totallly me today.

Have a super day.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,
    Donna
  • kathas0trophal
    Options

:flowerforyou: Quote of the Day - Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track. This is totallly me today.

Have a super day.

Donna

no! That is totally me. The whole damm week. well we will see on Monday.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    TGIF Everybody,

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. I have a very busy day today so this is going to be short and sweet.

Friday Mini Challenge:

Food - eat recommended level of protein. This will help repair muscle that may be damaged during exercise.
    Cardio - throughout the day do 100 jumping jacks.
    Strength - combined in or seperate lets do 100 pushups. You pick the kind.
    Quote of the Day - The power of one - one thought, one action, one solution. Only "YOU" can control what "YOU" do.

I hope you have a great day.

Donna
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    hey i lost 1 pound hun
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Way to go. They say baby steps wins the race.:smile:
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I have binged on candy 4 days in a row. Even on the days I exercised, I just binged late at night. That's apparently my crazy time, between 4 and 9 at night. So today I'm starting over, wiping the slate clean. I have ballet this morning, so that will help me get my day going. Halloween party tonight, so I have to remember MODESTY! I know I'm gonna drink, so I need to make room for it in my calories......I cant focus on the negative, I have to keep focusing on the positive!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Im back. Sorry things have been hectic. weight 138
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Halloween,

Just a reminder to enter your weight on the October and the November spread sheets. I will now be entering the daily mini challenges on the November Forum and encourage everybody to have discussions there. Don't be shy see you there.

Donna