Trying to get my full 1200 calories

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I have that problem almost every single day. I dont think i have hit 1200 calories in the last couple days. I believe i still have 400 calories left to go today and i wont eat them. Like the other girl said eat peanuts but dont go over board because they are fattening. Just eat what the recommended serving size is almonds walnuts macadamein nuts they are all good for weight loss. :)

peanuts arent fattening if you are in a calorie deficit.
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories a day as well. I eat aLOT of fruits and veggies, which fill you up, but dont have hardly any calories in them. i completely understand and there are some days where i feel sick from eating so much, but i see my calories remaining for the day and its like. . . omgosh i can't anything else!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Unless you are using a food scale and measuring everything that goes in your mouth you are likely eating many more calories than you think you are.

I think very few, if any of us here, who are here to lose weight, got here by eating 1200 calories a day, I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden anyone is having an issue hitting 1200.

If you are measuring every single morsel of food that passes your lips and are using the USDA database website to find out the true caloric amounts of foods and you STILL cannot get to 1200. I suggest you eat a spoonful of peanut butter....
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    600 calories for dinner and afternoon snack doesn't sound too hard to create!

If you are on 1200 cals a day, then you cannot possibly eat 500 cals for dinner/afternoon sanck.

I eat 200 cals breakfast/lunch/dinner and some snacks in between...it is hard to eat your cals and exercise cals.

MFP sets 1200 cals for a reason

Exactly, if you ar eona 1200 cals a day lifestyle, then you can not eat 500 or 600 cals a meal for 2 meals a day. You have to take them in proportion to last over the day. When you have been eatin 1200 cals a day for 3 or 4 months to try to eat 5/600 cals in one sitting is a struggle and makes you feel bloated/full/sickly.

To split your meals into 5 or 6 200 cal meals is much more easy...and all the little cals in fruit and veg add up in a 200 cal mea.

Unless you try it you dont realise how hard it is

How do you figure? Not everyone is the same, and not everyone eats the same amount of calories as you at each meal. 500 calories for dinner isn't impossible with a proper amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    600 calories for dinner and afternoon snack doesn't sound too hard to create!

If you are on 1200 cals a day, then you cannot possibly eat 500 cals for dinner/afternoon sanck.

I eat 200 cals breakfast/lunch/dinner and some snacks in between...it is hard to eat your cals and exercise cals.

MFP sets 1200 cals for a reason

Exactly, if you ar eona 1200 cals a day lifestyle, then you can not eat 500 or 600 cals a meal for 2 meals a day. You have to take them in proportion to last over the day. When you have been eatin 1200 cals a day for 3 or 4 months to try to eat 5/600 cals in one sitting is a struggle and makes you feel bloated/full/sickly.

To split your meals into 5 or 6 200 cal meals is much more easy...and all the little cals in fruit and veg add up in a 200 cal mea.

Unless you try it you dont realise how hard it is

How do you figure? Not everyone is the same, and not everyone eats the same amount of calories as you at each meal. 500 calories for dinner isn't impossible with a proper amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat...

This was confusing.
    And lol no i still don't see how its hard. You don't have to have a huge volume of food to get a lot of calories. A peanut butter sandwich with a hand full of almonds = about 570 calories
    I sure wouldn't feel bloated after that
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I cant eat all my calories but it's because I don't let myself.

If I started then I could eat 5000 calories but I have to stop myself somewhere or I'll be 13 stone again.

Are you letting yourself eat them all? or are you maybe unconciously denying yourself them?
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Unless you are using a food scale and measuring everything that goes in your mouth you are likely eating many more calories than you think you are.

I think very few, if any of us here, who are here to lose weight, got here by eating 1200 calories a day, I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden anyone is having an issue hitting 1200.

If you are measuring every single morsel of food that passes your lips and are using the USDA database website to find out the true caloric amounts of foods and you STILL cannot get to 1200. I suggest you eat a spoonful of peanut butter....
    I agree. You may be underestimating your caloric intake.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If you are getting good sleep/rest, you are awake 16 hours per day. You should be eating 150 calories per every 2 hours minimum.

I have my Food eating arranged into time periods. I want my calories fairly evenly distributed, although like almost everyone I know, that dinner period is the period with the largest consumption. Its when we relax for the day. Eating is a huge part of relaxation.

To the OP, eat 200 calories within the first 2 hours of the day. Have a protein bar or something in addition to what your doing now. You won't have a problem with 1200 calories by doing that.

Break your daily fast as soon as possible. It gets your mind and body going.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Not being funny but you have to be kidding. You're here to lose weight and are 180 lbs at 5'1. If you are really finding it hard then think about how you got to your highest weight. Just eat a freaking chocolate bar and quit moaning. Or google calorie dense foods. You are probably grossly underestimating your calories anyway. It's so basic to eat more calories that I can't believe people actually have serious issues with it. Now not wanting to hit 1200 is another issue, but frankly at your stats (short overweight female) you are almost certainly fine to be sub-1200 for the meantime.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Not being funny but you have to be kidding. You're here to lose weight and are 180 lbs at 5'1. If you are really finding it hard then think about how you got to your highest weight. Just eat a freaking chocolate bar and quit moaning. Or google calorie dense foods. You are probably grossly underestimating your calories anyway. It's so basic to eat more calories that I can't believe people actually have serious issues with it. Now not wanting to hit 1200 is another issue, but frankly at your stats (short overweight female) you are almost certainly fine to be sub-1200 for the meantime.
    Agreed, check how accurately you are logging your food.
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Have never had trouble eating 1200 calories. That's my problem !! Actually, I don't like to exercise either. So, that's 2 of my problems.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Ate 1700 in 5 mins last night. No problems :smile:
  • allison_joan
    Options

I agree. I'm 5'1 and 118 pounds and I STILL struggle to stay in my 1200 calorie goal. Even after hitting the gym and taking my son on a couple walks I could still eat more if I were allowed to. It's not usually easy to stay within your 1200 calories hence why all of us are on a weight loss sight. You probably aren't accurately measuring your food. Make sure you measure and weigh everything you eat because if not you never really know if you're on track or not.
  • darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    i literally NEVER get my 1200 calories a day. I find it so difficult to eat three times a day. usually im not hungry so I dont eat a lunch or something like that. its such a struggle
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Lol...Chris.

1650 cals, 175g protein, 194g carbs and 33g of fat...down in under 10 minutes.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Are people really having that hard of a time believing that some people have a difficult time reaching 1200 calories?

It's easy... a granola bar for breakfast, an apple for snack, salad with veggies for lunch, a yogurt for snack, and a plain turkey sandwich for dinner.

I can be grossly underestimating my calorie intake and still probably not getting close to 1200.

People have a hard time getting over 1200 calories because they are afraid to eat more. They are afraid to have big meals in one sitting. They have really small meals all throughout the day and then by the time bed time rolls around they are 300 below 1200. It's not THAT hard to fall below 1200 calories on a regular basis.
  • oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have never had trouble eating 1200 calories. That's my problem !! Actually, I don't like to exercise either. So, that's 2 of my problems.

lol. That's why we're here! I don't always eat back the exercise calories though.
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    I NEVER have that problem! I'm a snacker and so find it hard to stay under my 1200 calories!! Hungry a lot when I do (which I have managed to so far, although it's only been 4 days so far...lol). It's hard work.
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Just eat a muesli or protein bar...they're full of calories
  • kathiemcn
    Options

You sound exactly like me!