Quick, Easy, SNACKS NEEDED!

Options
I am allowed 1400 calroies a day, based upon the fact that I want to lose 1lb a week. I am finding myself going out of my mind, obsessing over wanting to snack. I have added in what I will have for dinner, and I am only allowed about 250 more calories for snacking today. Does anyone have quick, easy, snack ideas?

Please help!
Trying to avoid those frozen resses bars in the freezer!

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Things high in fiber and/or protein will be most filling. Fiber bars, whole grain crackers with cheese, hard boiled eggs, nuts.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Umm. I don't know what you like. An apple is about 80- calories, yogurt around 100-150. Low fat cheese stick about 60. Laughing Cow cheese wedge is 35 calories. Veggies are generally fewer. The question is, what do YOU want to eat?
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Almonds (100 cal packs are great); string cheese; Greek yogurt; protein bars; a piece of deli turkey; banana or apple with 1 TBSP peanut butter.... :)
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    dried fruits
    almonds
    hummus and veggies
    special k bars
    yogart
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS- WASABI AND SOY SAUCE
    28 ALMONDS IS 170 CALS AND IM STUFFED AFTER EATING THAT MANY!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS- WASABI AND SOY SAUCE
    28 ALMONDS IS 170 CALS AND IM STUFFED AFTER EATING THAT MANY!
    Nuts are a very good snack
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Veggies and hummus are a great snack, just make sure you keep a single portion of hummus as some brands are a bit high in calories. To help w/ my snack cravings at work, I try to split up my lunch so it's a bit like a snack, but the same amount of calories. Ex... I'll bring a frozen meal and a salad for lunch... I'll eat the dinner, then a couple hours later the salad. It helps me.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Peanut Butter on a wasa cracker! Yummy-tastic
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, granny smith apple, nuts, cucumbers, other "crunchy" wholesome foods that give you a big nutritional "bang" for your caloric buck.
  • stanchfielda
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie popcorns! I believe Orville redenbacher is the brand I get- they do 100 calorie bags of butter or kettle corn. Pop those babies in the microwave and you have a nice snack that isn't gone in 2 bites! it isn't the most nutritional in comparison to your fruits and veggies- but it is a nice change! Good luck!
  • reneetollison
    reneetollison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies should definitely be your first choice. But when you just gotta have that salty crunchy "chip," try Special K Cracker Chips (30 chips for 110 calories).
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Celery is a negative calorie food (your body burns more calories digesting celery, than it contains), add a little peanut butter and it's yummy.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    now i KNOW I will get shot by the nutrition folks out there but when I was struggling with the "empty tummy" syndrome in the beginning (because my stomach was so stretched) I at sugar free jello and fat free cool whip (two horrible foods for you but completely low cal) and also still eat a 80 cal tortilla with a smear of cream cheese (i used onion and chive flavored) and a sprinkle of mozzerella rolled up ends up like 120 cals or less so its kinda good too :) and fillin
  • Nataliejones5730
    Options
    Celery is a negative calorie food (your body burns more calories digesting celery, than it contains), add a little peanut butter and it's yummy.

I did not know this..thanks for the tip!
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    And if you really need a sweet thing and the healthy stuff isn't cutting it, a Skinny Cow Truffle bar always hits the spot for me :smile:
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My Favorite !!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese on wasa crackers is yummy, too. add a little pepper
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie popcorns! I believe Orville redenbacher is the brand I get- they do 100 calorie bags of butter or kettle corn. Pop those babies in the microwave and you have a nice snack that isn't gone in 2 bites! it isn't the most nutritional in comparison to your fruits and veggies- but it is a nice change! Good luck!

Just bought a massive box of the kettle corn ones. OH SO GOOD! :)
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love my own microwave popcorn. Put 1/4 c. unpopped corn into a paper bag. Add 1/2 teas. oil, fold over the top of the bag twice and put in the microwave for 1:30 - 1:70 minutes. Be careful when you open the bag it's hot. It's important to use bags that aren't recycled because they contain too many metals. It's a great snack and doesn't have the BPA's that store bought microwave popcorn has.

9089195.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter