Sugar free question

Might be a stupid question, but I don't know, so I need to ask.

Can you gain weight on sugar free candy? sugar free jello/pudding? Sugar free etc?

Replies

• bbabs99
    bbabs99 Posts: 51
    You can gain weight on Broccoli if you eat enough of it. Everything in moderation.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Of course! If you eat lots of it!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Might be a stupid question, but I don't know, so I need to ask.

Can you gain weight on sugar free candy? sugar free jello/pudding? Sugar free etc?

Yes, you can. Just like other foods, sugar free items have calories. I like sugar free stuff.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    If it also has calories, then yes.... I track everything sugar-free in my journal even if it has 0 calories -- becaue then it usually has sodium or something else. Sugar-free does not mean calorie free.
  • I like my sugar free stuff as well, but it all still has calories so I count them all so I don't go over my calories for the day.
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    YES!!! and not just from the "calories" b/c a lot of it will tell you it has ZERO calories... but, it makes your body crave more b/c it thinks it is sugar and it's toxic for you AND it will counteract the low suger (15g) and my experience has been bloated belly fat! moderation is the key, but if you do moderation you can have real sugar in moderation, it is way better for you.

:) you are doing great though!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Keep in mind that the stuff in 'sugar free' foods can negatively impact some people's tummies, so if it sends you to the bathroom, cut back on it!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Keep in mind that the stuff in 'sugar free' foods can negatively impact some people's tummies, so if it sends you to the bathroom, cut back on it!

you're the 2nd person I heard say that.... But that's weird, because the back of the package says "These sugar substitutes are slowly metabolized", so wouldn't that mean the opposite
  • Actually in those sugar free items, you have to be careful of the sugar alcohol. Your body does not know how to digest these sugars and if too many are digested, they remain in your belly area. :noway: Yah! not good! So limited quantities girl... natural foods are better than anything you can get in a package. Naturals sugar are the way to go not that chemically fabricated stuff.
    In natural food stores, you can also find natural sugars that have no calories like stavia. Hope this helps.:smile::smile: :smile: