MFP Runners Club 4/2

Options
2»

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Got in 12 today, really nice weather, I actually ran some of it in the mountains behind my school so that was fun. Have a great day all!

~Leash :heart:

Wow, Leash! That's awesome!!!

Thanks so much! :happy:

~Leash
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    aiming to get 4 in after work today. i wish i could get up and run in the morning, but i do not see that happening...:blushing:

just registered for my first half marathon race!!! it's august 2nd...i've printed out my running schedule and can't wait to get started!! :drinker: :happy:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nice easy 3 for me today. Didn't even wear my HRM or my Garmin. Just enjoyed the warmer weather and the the music of the frogs.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    6 miles on the elliptical, then 1 mile running. Felt GREAT!!!!! 9 days til the half marathon... :bigsmile:
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm looking to do a 1/2 marathon as well. Where would I go to print out a running schedule for that?
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sherry- Sorry to hear that your shins are still bugging you. Good luck with the new shoes! Let us know what you decided to get.

Here is my sad little story. :laugh:

I started running in a Nike Moto (no stability just straight cushion) and went to the Nike Triax + 11 (stability and cushion) back to the Nike Moto+6 (no stability). Since I am doing longer runs for training for the Broad Street Run the new shoes are not cutting it. In fact they are irritating my shins in a whole new painful way. I ran today in my old Nike Triax and my shins are not as sore as they have been. Spent my lunch hour looking for shoes and did not find what I wanted. Came back from lunch and checked my email. My friend sent me a friends and family coupon to Lady's Footlocker. (30% discount) They have the Nike Triax 11 for $69.99. With shipping, tax and discount 1 pair will cost $56.40. I am getting 2 pair and I don't have worry about shoes for a whole year!!!! My friends rock.

I do have to wait 8 days to get them but I can run in my old shoes until they get here. Its only 3 or 4 road running days so I will manage. I am doing a trail run but I have trail shoes for that.

Nice deal on the Nike Triax 11! I just switched from Asics to the Nike Moto 6, and I gotta say, I'm less than thrilled, too. The guy at the running store I go to recommended that I switch, and at first I really loved them. Now they are really irritating the side of my foot. I make it through my runs, but it is not completely comfortable. Aw well!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm looking to do a 1/2 marathon as well. Where would I go to print out a running schedule for that?

runnersworld.com has good programs. I have been using the FIRST program, which is just 3 days a week of running. It's working great for me!! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did 6.5 today in SHORTS and a TANK TOP! Yay, Spring! It's about time!

:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    aiming to get 4 in after work today. i wish i could get up and run in the morning, but i do not see that happening...:blushing:

just registered for my first half marathon race!!! it's august 2nd...i've printed out my running schedule and can't wait to get started!! :drinker: :happy:

Good for you!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read about your training! :drinker:
  • star139
    Options

i am doing the beginner training schedule from hal higdon. just google his name and you'll find he has schedules for all skill levels of runners. I am just about to begin my training :drinker:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Nice deal on the Nike Triax 11! I just switched from Asics to the Nike Moto 6, and I gotta say, I'm less than thrilled, too. The guy at the running store I go to recommended that I switch, and at first I really loved them. Now they are really irritating the side of my foot. I make it through my runs, but it is not completely comfortable. Aw well!

I know what you mean. I loved them too until I started running in them. Nothing like spending $95.00 for my everyday shoes. :angry:

If anyone is in the market for running shoes and wants to use the lady footlocker 30% discount send me a message. It is good until 4/7/09 and you can use it store or online.
  • msamson31
    msamson31 Posts: 45
    Options
    I followed a program on a website called marathonrookie. It worked for me.
  • star139
    Options
    ran past my goal of 4 and hit 5 miles today! whoohoo! :drinker:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've been out of the loop for a few months, but I'm back! I just recently got a treadmill, and then just now got the motivation to start using it. I started day one week one of the couch to 5k on Monday, and just did day 2 today. It's only about 1 1/2 miles, but I haven't run in 4 months! I will say it feels good to be back!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- jumpin' in-- got just about 3.5 in-- lovely night !!!!!!!
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    I did 6.2, felt great for the first time this week, hams are still tight but hopefully the stretching will eventually relieve it. If you have any suggestions let me hear it!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I did 6.2, felt great for the first time this week, hams are still tight but hopefully the stretching will eventually relieve it. If you have any suggestions let me hear it!

I have one of those rollers that I love for tight hamstrings. You can even just use a pool noodle on the floor and roll your sore muscle back and forth over it.
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    Options

I have one of those rollers that I love for tight hamstrings. You can even just use a pool noodle on the floor and roll your sore muscle back and forth over it.
    Thanks I'll try that!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I was just going to recommend that. I HIGHLY recommend a foam roller. It is what I used to rehab my leg when I had severe IT band issues and I still use it after my runs to keep my bands and muscles loose. My running buddies use one too!! :bigsmile:
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Just ran 5 1/4 miles this morning! I've never gone that far and I did it on the treadmill no less. Kind of boring but I can keep an eye on my kiddies while inside. It was snowing this morning!!