Does everyone exercise?

124»

Replies

• Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Yes!!! I guess everyone is exercising!! I read somewhere today weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% of food. I donot want to waste that 30%.
    This one.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    I have been regularly exercising 2x weekly 60 min. cardio for 2 years. lost 0 weight, but i slept better, was more flexible and had a higher endurance and lower blood pressure.
    once I started to diet, then the weight began to come off. I continue to exercise because of how good it makes me feel and the fun I have with my friends who exercise with me.
  • Armygirl67
    THis has been said many times, but dieting makes you look good with clothes on, exercise and lifting make you look good naked.

THats good 'nuff for me ;)
    true
  • Armygirl67
    Actually I lost 68 lbs.

That ticker says 32 "to go". :)
    [/quote]

Awesome weight loss, Congrats !!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    My husband and I have both started watching and logging what we eat and staying at net calorie goal.

I exercise 30-60 minutes a day and have lost 14 pounds.

He doesn't exercise and has lost 1 pound.

Exercise is necessary to healthy weight loss and overall well being.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    My husband and I have both started watching and logging what we eat and staying at net calorie goal.

I exercise 30-60 minutes a day and have lost 14 pounds.

He doesn't exercise and has lost 1 pound.

Exercise is necessary to healthy weight loss and overall well being.

Isn't the logical conclusion there that his goals aren't correct in some way (or he's not logging food correctly)? He should probably also exercise, if for no other reason than it's healthy.
  • Noof91
    Noof91 Posts: 61 Member
    as a full time student + midterms, I don't usually exercise
    but when I can in weekends I do dance for an hour or 2
    also I have tried to change a little in my life like instead of taking the elevator to my apartment which is in the sixth floor
    I take the satires
    and I did see a result and it is not my first diet so it does work u can lose weight just by a diet
    BUT your body shape will not really look the way you want it
    whereas with exercises even if you don't lose weigh, u do shape better and lose some inches

so if u can't do it, don't feel so bad just try to do them in any free time in any way even if just walking in your house
    but if you do have free time , you would love the result you will see from exercising so don't miss them
  • onceabyrne
    onceabyrne Posts: 64 Member
    I have been doing at least 30 minutes of cardio for the last three weeks and strength training 3-4 times a week. I never eat the extra calories I "earn" from exercise.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    I started just by making small changes in my diet so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed. I was extremely obese so losing 10 pounds in a month just by making those changes didn't seem like a lot. I have continued to make changes but did decide that I wanted to exercise. Not only would I tone but it gives me more energy and I feel so good afterwards.
  • At first is was just eating healthier but i signed up for a gym last week and made a commitment to going at least 3-4 times a week. i had a hard time motivating myself to go to the gym today but i made myself and afterwards i felt good :D
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Don't think everyone exercises, but I do and so do a lot of people here. While diet is the bigger contributor to losing weight, exercise is important for your fitness.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Yes, I exercise at least 5 days per week. I love it. I feel so much better & stronger. I look a lot different at 175 lbs now than I did when I weighed the same in college! I have more muscle & look like I have a lot less fat. You have to find an exercise that you enjoy & make time for it. I plan the rest of my life around my gym time, no joke. I work full time as a teacher, have a 3 year old, & am an advisor for my sorority, & have a social life, & I still make time for the gym 5 times a week! Anyone can do it, they just have to make it a priority. I think its vital for your overall health. When I lost lots of weight 10 years ago, I didn't exercise at all & once I got tired of the strict calories without exercise, I put it all back on! While diet is important, I think it's only half of the picture for the lifestyle change we all want to make to be healthy!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Yep, I'd feel disgusting if I didn't.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    yep.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    I exercise just about every day. A rest day for me is walking :laugh:
  • krystalgwen
    krystalgwen Posts: 39 Member
    If you have a considerable amount of weight to lose there is no question that you should be exercising as well as eating healthy. Eating healthy is great to if you cant work out but I think the majority of people work out aswell.