My First 20 Minute Run

Options
2»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! When I started C25K, I remember looking at the charts and thinking, "20 minutes??!?!? That's for RUNNERS".

So, congrats, you runner, you :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That's exciting - congratulations to you!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

The first "long" run in C25K is scary. But, now you know you CAN do it.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what is C25k?

I'm a new runner..

Couch to 5K - I haven't tried the program myself, but have heard great things about it.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Hehe, we're getting there, aren't we? I have found running to become addictive. I take 1-2 days off per week, and I am sad on my days off, in that I feel kind of lazy!

LOL, Oh yeah, you're a runner! The addiction has just begun. Enjoy!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm on Wk4 right now and very nervous about next week's 20 minute run. So happy for you! I've thought all along that the 20 minute run is when you truly become a runner.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Great job!
    I am on week 5, day 1, and so far I think my best bet has been to just follow the voice on my app. LOL I never know in advance how long I'm going to be running for, and that's a good thing. I'm backtracking, and moved back to w5d1 after having done w5d2, because of shin splints, but when I did w5d2, I felt great, then realized there were only 2 runs.... So I looked into the program and saw how long those runs had been. I thought it was a good thing I didn't know how long they'd be ahead of time, because I'd have been scared to do it. LOL

So, long story short, now I know to be really scared in a few days when I'm up to w5d3. LOL
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I still remember my first 20 minute run and it made me feel invincible! Here's too many more great runs!
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    Congratulations! Today was my first c25k run as well! I am exhausted but feel so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!