SIX weeks and nearly 30lbs later...pics

Options
I am entering week 7 of the BFit Now program in my area, basically a biggest loser program. My progress has astounded even myself! I've lost an amazing amount of weight and inches. I'm so freaking excited! These pictures just cinched it for me! Sorry I'm not sure how to add them better.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq218/twiztedsis/week6back.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq218/twiztedsis/6weekcomparison.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq218/twiztedsis/6weekside.jpg

Replies

• tmontgomery69
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!! AWESOME PROGRESS! Keep at it! =)
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WOW! Looking great so far... your smile is the best part :D
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    Thanks :D I have 3 more weeks in the program, but I'm also going back to Tae Kwon Do on Tuesday. I now can run the mile in 12 min 27 seconds, just a few seconds shy of 4 minutes faster. I feel amazing and can play with my children uninhibited. I look forward to being back to my prepregnancy wt and less!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, and you're definitely a winner! I checked your profile, and I'm also impressed with your degrees. You're definitely a hard-charging woman. There's no doubt you'll be successful in this!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Really amazing progress! How much have you lost off your waist? It looks so much smaller!
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    Really amazing progress! How much have you lost off your waist? It looks so much smaller!

I won't get measured again until week 10, but I had only lost an inch per the tape measure, but I see a huge difference. I lost about 3 inches in the chest, 3 inches in thighs, 1/2 inch in neck, and 1 inch in waist, so down 7.5 inches in week 5.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That one inch really looks good!
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    That one inch really looks good!

I think it's probably more then an inch just difference is how they're measuring and the fact that my fat is moving up/shrinking so there may be a wider part of my flab there now. I see the hugest difference in my waist and ars.
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    You're doing great, and you're definitely a winner! I checked your profile, and I'm also impressed with your degrees. You're definitely a hard-charging woman. There's no doubt you'll be successful in this!

Thank you :D I tend to take the bull by the horns and run with it. I'm honestly struggling a tad right now because of the cold it's hard for me to want to go out after the girls are asleep to exercise.
  • kristinvangundy
    Options
    wow, great job! I just started today and already went over in protein and not enough carbs. what have been some of your favorite foods?
  • zaliha
    zaliha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    inspirational!!!! i always got frustrated because i couldn't seem to lose any weight but to see other people determination and success, i think that keep me going...thank you for sharing this...
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    How does it work? Do you eat your exercise cals, how much do you workout?

You're doing amazing!
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    I honestly go over protein EVERY day. IF you are doing hardcore workout you need the protein to rebuild muscles. My trainer has my protein requirement at like 90-100 grams/day. My most common meals are:

Breakfast: 2 lg eggs, 1/2 cup diced tomatos, 1 cup shredded spinach, and a tsp of fresh chili peppers (was using taco cheese for flavor)
    Lunch: Salmon with brown rice or Morning Star Tomato/Basil burgers w rice and 2 cups of veggy love salad.
    Dinner: varies.

Lots of fruits/veggies. My main goal is to eat food as close to how it comes in nature as possible. Lean meats including the occassional lean steak.

As far as exercise I'm really not using ANY equipment other then 12lb dumb bells. My activities are things like sit down on the floor and get up for 2 minutes. It sounds easy but trust me it's VERY hard after the first few times.

Hope this helps someone :D
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    You're quite welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some support. I make an effort daily to leave comments for all of my friends :D
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    The biggest thing I do is believe I can achieve what ever goals I set. If I set a goal and don't really believe it in my soul it doesn't happen. One of the goals I set for myself in week one, after running a 16 min 25 second mile, was to run a 12 minute mile by week 5. Understand that I would have in NO way considered myself a runner, and I still don't consider myself a runner. I've had multiple ankle surgeries, knee surgery, and have a spinal cord injury from a car accident in 2002. I believed that at the very least I could run a 12 minute mile. I started walking and slowly added some light joggin into my routine while my girls were sleeping. At week 5 I shaved 3 seconds shy of 4 minutes off my mile...I did it! I ran a 12 minute mile. Now I set weekly goals for myself that I truly believe I can achieve. These aren't always fitness goals some are "eat less cheese or drink more water." Some goals are enhanced by others opinion of what I'm capable of since at times I sell myself short. My main goal daily is to sit less then 2 hrs a day. I was a serious couch potato before this journey after being on bedrest from my second pregnancy for 31 weeks it was hard to get motivated.

I never eat back my exercise calories. To me that's really silly. The point of exercise is to burn calories. If I have a "cheat food" I don't eat less the rest of the day I just exercise a bit more that day. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to burn 1lb of fat.

The only time I go out of my house/farm for exercise is my class twice a week. Like I said before all of my exercise is things you can do without ever leaving your home. My main goals are to consume 1/2 my body wt in oz of water. Say your wt is 250 lbs you should drink 125 oz of water. If your body is even slightly dehydrated you will retain water. On that note I really watch salt intake.
  • bullet1
    bullet1 Posts: 61
    Options
    Here you go

week6back.jpg

6weekcomparison.jpg

6weekside.jpg
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well you are doing a great job! Keep it up!
  • slimme4life
    Options
    Congratulations!! YOU'RE doing an amazing job!! :)
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    For ****s and giggles I measured myself today. Ummmmm yeah, I am down a total of 12.5 inches....5 of which are off of my waist! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!