Guys with a lot of female friends public service announcemen

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Excellent thread that needed to be started. I only have women on my friends list, but well over half of them sent me the invite. Many of them sent me the invite because of my profile picture, and some of them didn't even know it is a celebrity and not me. Even though this is a fitness site, both men and women enjoy eye candy. I am definitely not a "collector." I try to interact and support every single friend on my list. Some of my friends and I enjoy flirting with each other, but most of my friends are 100% fitness interaction. If a woman doesn't want to add me because I have no men on my list, I have no problem with that. But they are mistaken if I am not here for mutual support with fitness goals.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. I never thought about the mix of friends. I have both, but I just looked and it is 25% male and 75% female, but I think thats probably reflective of the gender mix of the site. I know I love having friends that are supportive and like to be supported and that is whats most important. The support from any gender is what helps me be successful. I work in behavorial health and our kids success is relative to how well we create relationships with them and I believe this site does just that. Creates an environment for healthy supportive relationships.
    That being said I have always had more female friends than male friends, so I may not be a good sounding board.
    ps... I can vouch for msniza, she is the positve superhero to a lot of us on here!

Thanks for the shoutout! And pllus you are definitely interact and ditto! Your awesome!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I get more friend request from women than men (I only have a few because I dont get many requests from men). But I accept all and I agree that most women are on this site....Lol and yes, like some of you said, women do support alot....At least the guy friends I have, I dont necessarily see them as a collector although they have a ton of women friends, but it's their choice, and I dont have a problem with it......And I definitely delete if no one interacts with me, for the reason that I interact with everyone because I cant help it lol...And I feel like if I am writing paragraphs to help you all the time, and I dont even get a "good job" not ONCE since we became friends, then I delete them because I feel bad if I skipped someone who interacts with me all the time....I accept both men and women as friends as long as they are willing to interact and support me, just I would for them. And plus I am all about the positivity :)

:)

I'm one of her guy friends & I have almost all female friends, and I would like to think I'm one of the more talkative & supportive men on here to my friends. I've been declined many times & told it's because I have too many female friends & too few male friends. Thank you to Multistyles for posting this & giving his (and many of our) point of view. I'm glad to hear it's not just me...

Yes! And you do interact which is great, sometimes its really good to get advice from everyone. There are just somethings that some people are more knowlegable in lol and I always have questions lol! So thanks for being a great friend!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I get more friend request from women than men (I only have a few because I dont get many requests from men). But I accept all and I agree that most women are on this site....Lol and yes, like some of you said, women do support alot....At least the guy friends I have, I dont necessarily see them as a collector although they have a ton of women friends, but it's their choice, and I dont have a problem with it......And I definitely delete if no one interacts with me, for the reason that I interact with everyone because I cant help it lol...And I feel like if I am writing paragraphs to help you all the time, and I dont even get a "good job" not ONCE since we became friends, then I delete them because I feel bad if I skipped someone who interacts with me all the time....I accept both men and women as friends as long as they are willing to interact and support me, just I would for them. And plus I am all about the positivity :)

I'm one of her guy friends & I have almost all female friends, and I would like to think I'm one of the more talkative & supportive men on here to my friends. I've been declined many times & told it's because I have too many female friends & too few male friends. Thank you to Multistyles for posting this & giving his (and many of our) point of view. I'm glad to hear it's not just me...
    No problem man this has been bugging me for a while because some women make it seem like you're a pervert or something for friend requesting them.
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Yes! And you do interact which is great, sometimes its really good to get advice from everyone. There are just somethings that some people are more knowlegable in lol and I always have questions lol! So thanks for being a great friend!

Right back atcha, Nisa!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    My Friends List is probably about 75% ladies.

But I'm not a collector, I'm the one being collected. Of the 140+ people on my list I think I've only ever sent about 5 FR's.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ha! women totally collect too. I had one female friend who said she wasn't taking any more FR's, she deleted me, then added a male friend who had a mega hot profile pic posted. She's def a collector, but hey, men don't seem to mind that from what I've seen. :tongue:
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    I can't comment on other proples friends lists because I don't know why they add certain people and not others I can only speak for myself. I have never noticed this happening but saying that I don't check out other peoples friends lists.

I add anybody that sends me a request I so far have not had anybody adding me because they think I am hot :s which is a shame lol.

If I add somebody its because I feel inspired by them it might be thier weightloss or through something that they have posted on the forums.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have a wife, 3 daughters, two granddaughters, two sisters, 3 sisters-in-law. I work for a woman.

I have two brothers. One is dead. The other one I don't talk to.

I relate to women. I prefer women. No Alpha Male conflict.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Multistyles has it dead on. This site is predominantly female, by a huuuge margin. It's only natural to have mostly female friends.

Plus I've always had more female friends than male anyway. Guys do that aggressive schtick and it's just not my thing. I'm more comfortable talking with women.

And you ladies are all smoking hot. That don't hurt.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Most of the people I've added have been because they inspire me with their story and success, because I figure I can aspire to what they've attained and also have a sympathetic and informative resource from someone who has already been down the road I'm traveling. Others I've added because they said something witty, humorous, or uplifting. Their gender is, frankly, immaterial to me so far as selecting these types of friends. While I haven't "crunched the numbers", I know I have more female friends simply by virtue of the relative ratio of female-to-male members here.

Many on my friends list have actually added me, and I currently don't refuse any requests that come in (I prefer a quick note with the request, but will not reject a request out-of-hand in the absence of one.) I've been told by many who send FR's my way that it's usually my off-beat sense of humor or something I've said in a forum post that struck a chord with them.

Friends who know me know that I am supportive and dedicated to our mutual efforts, to a fault. That's how I roll. :)
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Shannon:
    I usually accept anyone who sends me a friends request and I've only had problems with one guy.

..and I'm really sorry about that. I really didn't think a restraining order banning me from within 200 miles of North America was the correct response however.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why it's always the men who get criticized for this "collector" stuff. They get plenty of encouragement from the tons of women on this site who get a cheap thrill out of the fact that some random guy considered them worthy of being collected. I don't assume anything about a guy who sends me a friend request. If I discover later on that he's a perv, well, there's an easy fix for that.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I would just like to defend why a lot of guys have more female friends than guy friends on this site. I know with me it seems like there are way more women on this site than men so that is definitely one reason. Another reason is most dudes don't accept my friendship, I don't know maybe to some guys it's awkward having another his ask to be friend. Now i'm not going to lie and say eye candy isn't a factor but I think that's just human nature and goes for both men and women. Seeing an attractive person can certainly be motivational. The reason I put up this post is because some women look at a guys friends list and just assume they are "collecting" women and I think they should look a little deeper before judging. If the guy is not hitting on you or being disrespectful then he could really be a good supporter/motivator. Tell me what you think i'm open to all opinions on this subject.

Totally agree - all my male friends are great motivators, and I'm sure in an ideal world they'd have more male friends too. Only had one perv on day one but deleted and blocked, no other probs since :-) (and yes I know, women can be just as bad!)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Shannon:
    I usually accept anyone who sends me a friends request and I've only had problems with one guy.

..and I'm really sorry about that. I really didn't think a restraining order banning me from within 200 miles of North America was the correct response however.

Hahaha!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Multistyles has it dead on. This site is predominantly female, by a huuuge margin. It's only natural to have mostly female friends.

Plus I've always had more female friends than male anyway. Guys do that aggressive schtick and it's just not my thing. I'm more comfortable talking with women.

And you ladies are all smoking hot. That don't hurt.

It's interesting because initially we don' tthink about it that way.
    We just think "who is this dude who only has hot females as friends" and it's off putting.

But the more you think of it, the more sense it makes.
    And all my friends are just the best!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I tried flirting with my guy friends, but frankly it wasn't as much fun.

imagesCA0JJA6R.jpg
    lol I know you just don't get the same response lol
    It depends on the guy :wink:
  • JamieRena2012
    JamieRena2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well homie, you hit this one out the park....nice topic....my only comment is where is all the MALE EYE CANDY!!!.....they motivate me beyond belief..... :-)
  • nowornever78
    nowornever78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why it's always the men who get criticized for this "collector" stuff. They get plenty of encouragement from the tons of women on this site who get a cheap thrill out of the fact that some random guy considered them worthy of being collected. I don't assume anything about a guy who sends me a friend request. If I discover later on that he's a perv, well, there's an easy fix for that.

I hope you are referring to delete and not castration! :noway: