For those that are skeptikal about workout dvd's

Options
I have never in my life bought workout dvd's because they are too cheesy fake perfect blah blah. I HIGHLY with my life recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. If you haven't bought it but thought about it..DO IT. Each workout is 20 min..I lasted 10 before I wanted to pass out and it's not boring. She has 2 other people doing the workout with her at diff levels and you follow the one that is most comfortable for you. Let me tell you that after ONLY 10 min, I was sweatin, huffin, puffin and an hour later my legs are still jello, as well as my arms. This chick doesn't play, and shoots straight. It's worth ever dime I spent.
I know there are a lot of new people to MFP and fitness..I am rather new myself. I am by no means advertising..I am reassuring those that want something they wont walk away from. But for those that don't want to waste money, invest in this because I can already feel every single muscle in my body screaming..lol. YAY!!!

Replies

• elsg
    elsg Posts: 21
    Options
    I agree!!! I did D1L1 last night and even as I type this I can still feel my muscles screaming!!! Well worth the $$$$. x
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I did D1L1 last night and even as I type this I can still feel my muscles screaming!!! Well worth the $$$$. x
    LOL..she is brutal, but sincere and explains along the way the correct way to do it. Level one is intense..and I am still shaky..lol
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I've been contemplating buying this! I'm so getting it tomorrow! I have 3 pound weights at home. Do I need to buy heavier ones?
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it's on my list!
    Tks!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    its so worth it! i love this dvd.. im on day 8 of level one this time around.. according to my HRM i burn about 225 calories. not too bad for 20 minutes.
  • tiggerbounce411
    Options
    I've been contemplating buying this! I'm so getting it tomorrow! I have 3 pound weights at home. Do I need to buy heavier ones?
    I used canned veggies and my arms are dying..lol. 3 pounds are good to start with but eventually you will want 5 pounds. She tells you at the very beginning what you will need, and I do recommend the mat cuz pushups are involved..lol I couldn't be more happy that I spent this money. And she makes me MAD cuz I had to stop to not overdo it. Dang it, I am not quitting until I can do this WITHOUT stopping. Its great.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used 5 lb ones, and couldn't do it all the way...and my arms are strong from carrying a toddler! 3 would be perfect to start.
  • tiggerbounce411
    Options
    I forgot to include that I burned 111 calories in 10 min..that was just going off the general circuit training rating. I felt like I burned 511..lol. I have to get a HRM so I can figure it out correctly.