Eat This Not That

Options
This book is my going out to eat touchstone. I always crack it open to help me make better choices.

Who else uses this book?

I really wish that they had a working iPhone app.

Replies

• pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    I do and love it. I also use the Cook this Not that book.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I use it. I eat out really often. More than I should. But the book has helped me make better choices definitely. Who can say they eat out almost daily and still lost 66 lbs? LOL!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't have the book- but subscribe to the daily email. It's what got me started. Love it!
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, the eat this part is not necessarily the healthiest choice. I dont believe using this book and logging it in MFP will help you reach your goal as easily. Will take more time if anything.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have recommended the book series on several postings.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Keep in mind, the eat this part is not necessarily the healthiest choice. I dont believe using this book and logging it in MFP will help you reach your goal as easily. Will take more time if anything.

I already admitted that it was not the best choice, but I'm not a big fan of cooking. I've done extremely well for the 6 months I have used this site. 11 lbs a month is nothing to scoff at. And yes, a lot of my food entries were eating out. The point to MFP is to design a diet/fitness plan that fits YOUR lifestyle. IF you are the type to eat out, then "Eat This, Not That" will help you.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I use Rocco Dispirito's Now eat this diet!
    Not quite like the "eat this not that" book but pretty close!

I love both of them!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options

I do agree. It just helps give you a good starting point to go from. Its all about getting more information to help you make the healthiest decisions about what to eat. The more info, the better. I think the book just helps to put you in the right mindset of seeking out the healthier places to eat and the healthier meals to choose.

It's an eye-opening book. It surprised me to see how bad some restaurant meals actually were.
  • AMANDAHUEBNER
    Options
    If they have a website/or daily email can someone tell me where to sign up please?
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I thought they were a waste of money. I have at least three of the books and opened the first one once and the rest have never even been looked at.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband's the same way. I know he's not really tempting me, but it feels that way sometimes!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    (Quote)

I already admitted that it was not the best choice, but I'm not a big fan of cooking. I've done extremely well for the 6 months I have used this site. 11 lbs a month is nothing to scoff at. And yes, a lot of my food entries were eating out. The point to MFP is to design a diet/fitness plan that fits YOUR lifestyle. IF you are the type to eat out, then "Eat This, Not That" will help you.

That's good. I don't use the book, and eat out a lot, too. I use restaurant websites that post nutrition facts to make better choices. Anything that's helping you make lower calories, lower fat choices is a good thing. Congrats on losing 66 pounds. That's amazing!

Thanks. I go to their websites too. I have pre-selected healthy choices at all my favorite restaurants. The problem is my daughter orders my favorite at Panda Express and I have trouble resisting the urge to pick off her plate.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I follow them on Twitter. I think every day they tweet a new list. I find them pretty interesting and informative.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Picking off of my kids plates anywhere I eat (out or at home) has been one of the more difficult things about my new healthier lifestyle. I would routinely finish off the leftovers that they had on their plates.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I own them all! My favorite thing EVER.
    I highly recommend the supermarket edition! :D
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the newest one, I do have the one called "Cook this not that", though I haven't made anything from it with my college schedule being what it is... I love the Eat this not That stuff... I may ask for the latest book for x-mas... I wish they had a working app too... It'd bet so much easier than remembering your phone AND a book... At least the books are all small right?!