Anyone else work around food 24/7?!?!?

Options
I'm not sure why I didn't think of writing this post sooner! Basically, I work in hospitality, in a restaurant and I do absolutely ridiculous hours. This includes some pretty early mornings, split shifts and late nights..I'm finding it increasingly difficult to stick to a proper eating plan and end up coming home late at night, starving my *kitten* off and wanting to eat anything and everything I can get my hands on!

I just need to know..

Is there anyone else out there in the same position as I am?! If so, add me (with a message) because I'm reaaally needing some motivation here!

Cheers guys!

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I work as a server at a pasta house. There is NOTHING even remotely healthy on the menu!!
    We don't get breaks, so we have to just grab something to eat when we have a minute, it's really hard to eat well there.
    The worst part though is the mistakes. If they make a mistake on something (usually 2 or 3 dishes a night) the servers just get to eat them :/ it's hard to resist free nachos or free lasagna lol
  • AMANDAHUEBNER
    Options
    i work at Starbucks,and I know it is really hard to resist all the yummy drink and pastries.It's something I struggle with every day I work so I know how you feel,I just try to take a yogurt or somehting with me so i'm not hungry at all,sometimes it helps but sometimes it doesnt
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am a school lunch lady and I understand the part about working around food all day but the late night stuff i cant say i do understand. Its really hard i know. we get a 15 minute break to eat lunch and i usually grab a salad and a bottle of water. I use the dessert strawberry shortcake that is only 5 calories. lol i call that my diet gum. they have yummy stuff for the kids each day and boy is that a temptation. this week we have grilled cheese sandwiches for the alternative. i did cave and my coworker and i shared a sandwich. maybe i can suggest making a bento lunch. just type in your search bento lunches and you can get all kinds of ideas of healthy snacks to take. rice balls, raisins, carrot sticks, you can then control the amount of calories you eat at work. I hope this helps.
  • 0namission
    Options
    OMG....ive been worried about this...Im bout to start a second job at a BBQ and Grill place....and...the selections? ARE YOU KIDDING! I haent worked in a restraunt setting in over 2 years.....im not sure how this is gonna offset me..but good thing is ill be on my feet burning more calories a day than when i was sitting at my desk jobbb onlyy. i think if you are around a restraunt setting and still coming home starving you should try taking a lunch orrrr ....just watch what you grab from the Free mistakes! Write it in your diary when u get home! usually when i come home starving...i eat less...if u believe thattt