Wedding Weight Loss, what can we do in a year?

Options
I would love to communicate with any women working on taking off pounds for their wedding. I am looking to lose 40-50 pounds by October 2012. In the past I have placed a huge emphasis on losing weight for an event, and in this case, I feel more calm and accepting of myself at my current weight than I ever have. However, I recognize how fun it would be to effortlessly shop for my honey moon clothes, look great in our photos, and be healthy for getting pregnant following the wedding. I am wondering if my positive, self-supporting emotional state may allow me to stick with a healthy weight loss regimen instead of throwing in the towel after getting bored. My metabolism has changed a lot as I've gotten older, and it takes a lot more focus and discipline to actually lose weight consistently. I'm also confused what my actual set point is. So, I am committing healthy calorie/nutritionally conscious choices, for the next 369 days, and I'd love to talk to anyone who relates to wanting to stay focused a day at a time to feel amazing on their wedding day!!!

Replies

• wantthistowork
    Options
    Hi!

I just "re-joined" after a few months. I was doing fairly well with tracking my food early this summer, but then, well life happened! And somehow I gained close to 10lbs and and extremely upset about it (funny how losing that much weight is much more of a challenge). Anyway, we got engaged in August, and just moved to a new town for my fiance's promotion, I am on a job search. And wedding planning! We are actually planning a July 2012 wedding but otherwise I am in your boat I believe. Finally started tracking my food this morning and plan on getting back into regular exercise. So, yes, I am interested in this board (except mine is less than a year!). I'd love to lose about 40-50lbs in a dream world. Would probably be ok with 30?
  • catherine80
    catherine80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey there i joined my fitness pal a month ago as i set a date for my wedding 4th Aug 12 !!!!!!! im determined to get weight off for my wedding !!!!!! the prob is i still have around 60 pound to lose so i would love to keep in touch with any brides to be who are on the same journey as myself. right now i feel like im the only person tracking all my food and exercise but it will be worth it on the end !!!!!!!!!
  • falfal923
    falfal923 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I just rejoined last week. My upcoming wedding is June 23rd. I'd love to look great for my big day and not worry about anything hanging or sagging or wearing something to suck me in for the big. My realistic goal is to lose 25 lbs and we shall see beyond that. I need as much motivation as I can get! Goodluck to you all!
  • catherine80
    catherine80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WE CAN DO IT GIRLIES !!!!!!!!!!
  • juliequates
    Options
    I just got engaged and would like to lose 30!!! Just joined the site via my mobile app so I'm still learning, but always looking for support and motivation!
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me too, 4 lbs a month is all it takes we can do this!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :bigsmile:
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    Hi There,

So after joining this board I somehow went in the opposite direction! Just wondering how you all were doing. I went and spent nearly $200 on all super healthy foods today and am doing a GNC 14 Day Cleanse, which I halfway started today (I just ate something I thought was fine but I guess wasn't). Hoping this will be a good jumpstart but am also just changing the food we have in the house. My fiance is NOT into this kind of thing (at least initially, I feel that maybe he will get on board later, but he thinks of it as only for weight loss which he absolutely doesn't need, in fact he needs to gain). SO, on that note, I bought him some frozen meals that I have no interest in and he can eat those or the food I make. I also know it might be kinda dumb to do right before the holidays but oh well, now is when I feel ready! Have any of you done these kinds of cleanses? Let's try and get this board back on track-unless there is another one to join?

THanks!