New Recipe - Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast w/ Italian Seaso

Options
woja9640
woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
Ok all, I know I just posted a lasagna recipe... but I came up with a new recipe this morning and am trying it tonight.

Ingredients for 3 servings:

3 4oz. chicken breast filets

1 can diced tomatoes (low salt if possible)

1/8 c Precious Ricotta cheese

3 tsp italian seasoning mix

Directions:

1 - Preheat oven to 425 F. While oven is preheating prep 13x9 baking pan with foil liner and spray with non stick spray oil.

2 - Get ingredients together and using a filet knife, cut a 2 inch slit into the center of the filets. Using a regular spoon, stuff each filet with a spoonful of ricotta cheese.

3 - Take a tsp of the italian seasoning per filet and season the chicken. Place chicken in baking pan.

4 - Pour the diced tomatoes over the chicken. Cover with foil and place in over for 15 min. After 15 min, remove foil cover and bake for another 15 min.

5 - Remove chicken and serve with your side choices - steamed vegetables, canned veggies and/or steamed rice.

Nutritional Value Per Serving:

Calories - 167

Fat - 4

Chol - 68

Sodium -344

Carbs - 5

Protein - 28

(Will report taste and post a pic later today!)

Replies

• DMccartney
    Options
    Hi Just saw your recipe and it sounds delicious. Is that the correct number for sodium ? is that high or low??? JUST starting on my journey to eatinh healthier.. THanks for the recipe cant wait to try it :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have to save this for when I'm off punishment from eating Italian :(
  • Sunrize1
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, It sounds delicious! I'm alway looking for healthy dinners for me, and my family. I will defiantly try this one!
  • Fairytale36
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Going to give it a try. Thanks
  • woja9640
    Options
    DMcCartney: Hi Just saw your recipe and it sounds delicious. Is that the correct number for sodium ? is that high or low??? JUST starting on my journey to eatinh healthier.. Thanks for the recipe cant wait to try it :)

It is the correct number for sodium, and it is actually low. Compare this level of sodium to a plate of Stuffed Chicken Marsala from Olive Garden at 800 cal and 2280 mg per sodium. Then there is a meal at Chili's Restaurant which has 6600 mg of sodium. Our daily alotment is 2500 mg. So the sodium is good.

Suggestions - click on the food tab, click on recipes, and then click create recipe and check out the calories when you make your meal so you get the correct nutritional information using your ingredients.
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    sounds good! thanks for posting!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • woja9640
    Options
    Ok, so I made the meal and it was....

MUY DELICIOUSO! LOL!

Here is a pic of what it looks like:

photo-1.jpg
  • shartley1963
    Options
    Sounds yummy! :smile:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • woja9640
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted and read the recipe.

Please, if anyone tries this recipe, let me know what you think. You can do different variations and spice it up with the tomato/pepper combination and make a mexican meal too.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    That sounds good I think I would add spinach stuffed in there too
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump