Eventually Ill be a bride-to-be...

Options
Okay. So... He hasn't popped the big question.

Yet.

We have talked about it and know we will be headed down that road...at some point.

My thinking is, knowing this, why not go ahead and try and get in the best possible shape I can before there's a rock on my finger. Why wait?

Now, to apply this thinking in motion. That is proving to be the hard part!

Any one else in my position?

Or TRUE bride-to-bes? (I'm a sucker for engagement stories :) )

Replies

• ManicMelody
    Options
    Engaged. =] Getting fit for my wedding and my new life with my wonderful fiance.
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    this is definitely my story. rumor has it my BF will be popping the question before the end of the year. i'm so incredibly nervous, and don't want to be the fat bride... so I am dropping the weight and trying to get in great shape now!
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yep we got engaged and Ive tried on dresses and decided i want to look my best on the day, what better motivation (for me anyway). it just happened that my sister had found MFP and that's why I'm here. The Dress!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a bit over a year and a half. I'd be lying if I said the thought of not wanting to be a fat bride hadn't crossed my mind. My best friend just got engaged, so for now, I'm channeling my energy toward being a hot bridesmaid. ;)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Engaged..... only 6 months away!
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, he hasn't asked, but I know he's bought the ring (I have small fingers and had to go with him to get it sized). So now I'm just waiting for the proposal...which is a little nerve wreaking!! Definitley want to be in shape for the big day!
  • nifnerf
    nifnerf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged and getting married on April 28, 2012 - started this new lifestyle on May 2, 2011.....giving me just about a year to get into the best possible shape of my life! It's been a challenge so far but knowing I have a deadline and so many reasons why I want to do this has helped immensely.

For me all it took was realizing I'm paying someone thousands of dollars to photograph our day, and inviting friends and family I don't get to see very often. I don't want to look back in 20 years hating what I look like in those very expensive photos so I started early!

Good luck to you!
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Engaged! Boyfriend proposed in July. Our wedding is 09/02/2012. The dress is the motivation for my weight loss :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    knowing i was going to be trying on wedding dresses was my BIG push, though i had started to lose weight anyway. i got engaged in february, and am getting married next June! cant wait!!!
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a bride to be.... but we haven't set a date yet! He popped the question about 6 weeks ago. We'll either be getting married Nov 2012 to March 2013 or Nov 2013 to March 2014..... we like the cooler months :) But I'm working two jobs right now to pay off debt and save money.... so we want to wait till I'm done with that before we start planning a wedding.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    this is definitely my story. rumor has it my BF will be popping the question before the end of the year. i'm so incredibly nervous, and don't want to be the fat bride... so I am dropping the weight and trying to get in great shape now!

^^^^ This is me^^^^^
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 18 days. Eeek!

I started losing around the beginning of this year. A few months after our engagement.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself, not for anyone else. YOU are worth it, whether you're a bride-to-be or not! The prospect of being the center of attention at a wedding may provide a little extra motivation, but the ultimate goal is being the healthiest person you can be. It's not just for the wedding, it's for the rest of your life.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation...kind of... lol

My husband and I married VERY young ( I was 20 and he had just turned 18) and in February 2012 we will celebrate our 10th anniversary. We have decided to renew our vows on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL next upcoming March. I found my dream dress for the ceremony and purchased it a few months ago. The largest size it came in was a 16. It still does not fit. I have lost the weight to fit that size dress, but for some reason, the bust is very small, so I now need to loose the inches. I want to wear my dress, it is so perfect for the beach renewal. I started my MFP journey this past February and have lost 51lbs so far. In August I was able to fit into my original wedding dress from 10 years ago for the first time since my wedding. So I am desperately trying to follow my calorie goal and do what I can to loose the weight in a healthy way so that I can fit my dress and have my dream renewal ceremony!

Good luck to all of you soon to be brides as well as all of you soon to be fiance's!! =D
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Same situation here really... my boyfriend and I have talked about getting married, I've even picked out the ring I want. I am finding it a little difficult to use this as motivation because it's not the feeling of "OMG IT'S HAPPENING NOW!" yet. We are planning for a longer engagement due to citizenship issues, so I know that once the "OMG" factor sets in, I will be able to use it for motivation. I only plan on being married once in my life, so it's GO HOT OR GO HOME :)

Congratulations to everyone who has been recently engaged or to those who it's coming to soon!
  • aquelina
    Options
    I'm in your exact same position...how funny this is the first post I've ever read or responded to. I signed up for this about a month ago and then just forgot about it. I'm motivated now to get back in shape. This is a very exciting time in my life. I have been divorced for 5 years and was starting to wonder if it was going to be just me and my 3 kids forever. Then I met him. What a world of difference he has made in OUR lives. I just posted on facebook the other day, "starting to feel like a family more everyday"....God's timing is always perfect. Even though we sometimes think its not. I am determined to stay connected with this site because I know that will help motivate, inspire, and encourage me.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged! I got engaged in May to my wonderful Adam--it'll be two and half years next week :)

Not really a romantic engagement story here--we picked out the ring together because we wanted it to be both of our birthstones and he asked me in the morning after I woke up (he works third shift)

I have my dress, but it's at least a size, size and half too big since I bought in June--now I just can't wait for the next 7 months to rush by!

However, I start losing weight May 2010 so before a ring was even near my finger :)
  • tiffany522
    tiffany522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat girl. It is hard to stay motivated as there is no set dead line for my goal, and thats why I let myself slack sometimes.
    But I look at it this way too, not yet being engaged doesnt mean we have to be glued to our other halves side, we still have our own downtime (without the bf tagging along!) to worry about... and that time shouldnt be sitting on the couch with a bag of potato chips... That is a complete waste of time in my opinion and actually, that is what keeps me motivated!
    I want to use that time to keep myself active and explore the things Im interested and then when its boyfriend time, I have good things to share with him...
    but hey, sometimes its still hard to stay in the groove!
    best of luck and keep smiling!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My dad is forever (half) jokingly telling my bf to propose.

I already told my bf if hes gonna do it he should wait until Im near my goal weight, haha
  • tiffany522
    tiffany522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ok, i couldnt agree with you more. Why go shopping, pick out what you want, then wait!!!? hahaha, its a true test of patience and happiness!
    But youre right, when things get to that point, I want to be in the best shape i can be in!