Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• vcmete222
    Options
    I'm up 0.2 this morning :( I did everything right this week, so I'm a little frustrated. But I changed up my workout routines, and have added in a lot of strength training, which I'm very sore from, so I'll hold out hope that the gain is from that. Still working to break into the 130's, dang it!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    9/06 SW: 198
    9/13: 198
    9/20: 199
    9/29: 198
    10/4: 198
    10/11: 197
    10/18: 197
    10/25: 199

11/22 GW: 185

Wk #7: Gain 2 pounds

Absolute and Total GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..:grumble: ..:noway:
    I'm hoping my spike in exercising yesterday is the cause.
  • parvy123
    parvy123 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't weigh in today and will do tomorrow.

However, my goal has changed now because I have managed to get myself pregnant! So I will continue to stay healthy with my eating plan, take it slightly easier on the training (no squats, lunges etc!) and hope to put on as little weight as possible. I didn't gain too much with my first pregnancy but I feel much fitter this time, which is great news.

Good luck everyone - and once this 8-9 months is over, I am straight back into weightloss mode!!

xx
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    Parvy, congrats on the pregnancy! It is so good that you are more fit this time around...it is helpful so that after the baby is born you can get right back into the swing of this weightloss journey!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't weigh in today and will do tomorrow.

However, my goal has changed now because I have managed to get myself pregnant! So I will continue to stay healthy with my eating plan, take it slightly easier on the training (no squats, lunges etc!) and hope to put on as little weight as possible. I didn't gain too much with my first pregnancy but I feel much fitter this time, which is great news.

Good luck everyone - and once this 8-9 months is over, I am straight back into weightloss mode!!

xx

Congrats!! How exciting!! There are some really great threads on here that support a healthy pregnancy!! I lurk from time to time because that is my ultimate goal, to lose a few pounds and get pregnant and to have a healthy pregnancy :)
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    174 this week. Down one pound from last week.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    152.5 so up o.2 :(
    This may have been much worse but I have my head back in the game now!
    I am going to reach my goal in this challenge:bigsmile:

Good challenges - thank you
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    CW:198.5
    That is up. I can't seem to get back on track. Have been thru so so much the past few months and some times feel all alone. But helps to see that there are others going thru situations simular to mine.
    My mom passed in June, my son went to Kansas in July and moved in dorms and started school in August.
    Which has been more tramatic for me than him.
    About a month ago the little girl that we have been keeping on and off since she was 2 has come to stay with us. Her mom who has 5 kids (all girls) got the oldest 2 taken away and given to their dad by CPS .She voluntairly turned her other 3 over to the people who have watched them. This baby has gone on vacations with us spent Christmas and birthdays.
    I would never want her to go to a family that didn't know her. I love her as my own. We all do.
    But then I think "I have a son in college and a daughter that is a junior in high school it's supose to be my time." Then I feel guilty for thinking like that. Then there comes the money issue. Struggling as it is now I have a 4 yr old ( will be 5 on Nov,1).
    So my food and water intake have been crappy,
    Oh yeah and did I mention a week before my son's graduation in May I tore my menisuis. Couldn't straighten it out or walk on it for over a month. So can't really do much in way of exercise.
    Sorry for the long whiney post.

Patty
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    187. Yahoo!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure if today's weight on the scale was good or bad.
    Guess it was both.
    It was bad as I am still 0.2 pounds up from where I was 2 Tuesdays ago
    but it was good as I lost 0.7 pounds of the 0.9 pounds I was up last Tuesday.

Last week I moved from green to yellow. :(
    Hopefully in November I will move back into green.

Weighed in at 141.9 pounds this morning.

Did 242 minutes of exercise last week which is less than the challenge of 270 minutes
    but my own weekly exercise goal is 180 minutes so I beat that.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    H4H SW 156.2
    9/13 154.6
    9/20 153.4
    9/27 153.0
    10/4151.2
    10/11 150.6
    10/18 151.2
    10/25 148.4
    H4H GW 150 (met 10/20!)

down 2.2 from 10/18, or 2.8 from last week's sodium blip.

I'm not going to change my H4H goal, I'm just going to see how far I can blow it out of the water.
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    @Rose You really are blowing it out of the water...congrats on how well you're doing!
    @Patty I'm sorry about all that's going on...it seems like a very stressful situation with no easy option. I'm glad that you have opened up your home to that little girl, but it can be difficult to see what is best for everyone involved. Will be holding you and your family up in prayer!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW MFP JUNE 21ST - 208 LBS.
    SW CHALLENGE - 189.2 LBS.
    1ST WEEK - 188.8 LBS.
    2ND WEEK - 184.8 LBS.
    3RD WEEK - 186.8 LBS.
    4TH WEEK - 183.6 LBS.
    5TH WEEK - 184.8 LBS.
    6TH WEEK - 180.8 LBS.
    7TH WEEK - 184 LBS.

I HAVE GOT TO GET A GRIP. IN MY OFFICE AT WORK THERE WERE 3 SECRETARIES NOW WE ARE DOWN TO JUST ME. THE NEW GIRL WILL BE STARTING ON MONDAY THANK THE LORD. WE HAD A LEAK BEHIND THE WALL OF OUR TUB/SHOWER SO WE HAD TO TAKE EVERYTHING OUT AND PUT NEW IN AND THEN OUR WATER HEATER STARTED LEAKING SO WE HAD TO REPLACE IT. I HAVE GOT TO GET BACK TO MY WALK/RUNNING. I HAVEN'T EXERCISED IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS. EVERY UPSET WITH MYSELF. HOPEFULLY EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING GREAT.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. I haven't had time to read through all the posts since I was last here, but I'll try to get to it later. I like keeping up with all of you!

SW: 135.0
    Week 1: 136.5
    Week 2: 134.0
    Week 3: 132.5
    Week 4: 134.0
    Week 5: 131.5
    Week 6: 130.0
    Week 7: 131.0

GW: 129

No surprise. I had a big loss last week, and wasn't careful at all this week. I'm really trying to be better this week. I'm going to Michigan this coming weekend for my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary party, and I'm really going to need to watch what I'm eating there. It's always hard for me at these big family events, but I'll do my best. :smile:
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I'm up too. Not a great week for me. I was out of town all weekend for a soccer tournament (I'm not playing just watching daughter) and eating out every meal.

CW: 152.2 AARRGG!

Hubby and I are going to start kicking the workouts up this week.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 153 today....I've not been that active here lately and I'm sorry, life has been hectic, but I will catch up!!!
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    177.6 for me this week-down .8
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    177.6 for me this week-down .8
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Weight today 156.2. I hate seeing my color on the chart! But, it's been a tough week. I am glad to maintain. The weather is getting cooler and that has changed my spirits for the worst. This next week will be it! I

Congrarts to those doing so good!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This week.... 200.8
    Down a little bit....... keep the challenges coming!!