Halloween Costume Contest

Options
TubbsMcGee
TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
Help!

I have a big Halloween party to go to.

I'm looking for a creative costume idea...with the guarantee that it will be the most original costume in the room and that I will win that freaking contest.

My sister just sent me a text saying that she's going to be a Furby (remember those? The most annoying toy to ever be created?) so I have to beat her. Typical sibling rivalry.

I'm looking for something that will be easy to dance in / walk in (as I've been told there will be a lot of booze involved--and yes, I've already budgeted for that day and labeled it as a cheat day).

So far I've come up with the original 1959 Barbie, a dead Marine "cutie", the Pink Power Ranger, Poison Ivy, Nina (from Black Swan), and the clown playing the balloon-guitar in Dr. Rockso's "Rock n' Roll Clown' music video.

Any other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :smile:

Replies

• vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    ive seen girls chucky/freddy kruger/jason costumes they look pretty cool
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a Victorian Zombie, kinda Victoria Frances like....if you have ever seen her paintings.......not sure if that helped at all though.....
    I like the idea of Nina though.....
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Flo from the Progressive commercials
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What is a "dead marine cutie"?
  • dortheriis
    Options
    Hi there
    what about blowing up a lot of balloons and stich them on swim costume or similar = voila! show up as a bunch of grapes :-)
    happy party - remember the pics
    Dorthe :-)
  • chrismaewill
    Options
    Make a book out of cardboard a big book cut a hole in the middle put your face in it. "Facebook"
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    If you're going with a guy, you could both go as Waldo and Wenda from the Where's Waldo books.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I saw a cute costume for a parrot--you could make it at own with some feathers and a red dress. Last year saw a girl in a shower costume-it was really cute and creative-not like Karate Kid's lol but I don't know how she did it! Her dress had 'bubbles' on it and a plastic 'shower curtain. Maybe you can google it to see pictures.
  • bolsen7
    Options
    One of the costume I used awhile back went over really well! It was road kill, I used a cat costume then took a bicycle tire and
    put some face paint on it and ran it on my face then used a gray sweat shirt and ran a tire with black paint on it over it in various spots, then take an old nylon cut one leg out of it and stuff with red yarn having a few holes that you can pull some yarn out and have hanging down then attach it to the sweat shirt like intestines hanging out. You can get pretty creative dont forget blood spots on the shirt and on your face. Sounds kind of gross but no one else thought of it before.
    Hope you have fun!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Haha I have no idea. I've been addicted to NCIS lately, so I was thinking of some skanky Navy costume, but then making it look as if I was murdered and buried in the ground...

My back-up idea is a Silent Hill nurse.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am going as a pregnant zombie this year.

my past costumes have been:
    Carrie - complete with blood dumped over my head
    corpse bride
    Angel of death
    Rich housewife - addicted to drugs
    smurf (there are lots of them out there though)
  • kaeleenbrave
    Options
    J. Valentine has some super cute costumes.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Was wondering the same thing. There's always copying one of the Living Dead Dolls. They actually have a costume contest too.

http://www.livingdeaddolls.com/lddsite.html
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    hmm trying to beat furby...
    Zombie rainbow brite lol
    The sexiest possible mother goose :P
    A leaf
    a seashell
    zombi telletubby
    Be the walking female version of jeykle and hyde I'd go with the sane in front and hyde in back but spilt down the middle works too
    hmm
    a piggie bank
    I dunno I'm fizzling out :P
    Good luck
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Oh and dirty laundry lol - just got a cheap laundry basked, cut a hole in it, attached suspenders to the basket and then put clothes in the hamper.

and little miss muffet - with spider and curds and way...
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago my hubby and I dressed up as Dog the Bounty hunter and Beth. I got huge fake boobs and a blonde wig and just wore black clothes...my hubs bought the kit online for his and added some of his own touch. We won the creative award
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

Was wondering the same thing. There's always copying one of the Living Dead Dolls. They actually have a costume contest too.

http://www.livingdeaddolls.com/lddsite.html

OMPP I love the Living Dead Dolls....I have wanted the Edgar Allen Poe and Annabel Lee ones forever...
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    hmm trying to beat furby...
    Zombie rainbow brite lol
    The sexiest possible mother goose :P
    A leaf
    a seashell
    zombi telletubby
    Be the walking female version of jeykle and hyde I'd go with the sane in front and hyde in back but spilt down the middle works too
    hmm
    a piggie bank
    I dunno I'm fizzling out :P
    Good luck

<3 Zombie Rainbow Brite!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    My tattooist who is heavily pierced and tattooed on her face is going to take out all her piercings and cover up her tattoo's and go as a 'normal' person.

I am going as Frank Iero of My Chemical Romance. I have it all arranged. I just need to dye my hair and I'm done.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OMPP I love the Living Dead Dolls....I have wanted the Edgar Allen Poe and Annabel Lee ones forever...

I ♥ them too! Have you seen the Rotten Sam & Sandy?