HEALTHY, LOW-CAL THANKSGIVING RECIPES?!

Options
This year I am planning to do Thanksgiving a little different...the healthy way!

So please share any recipes you might have!

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    There's always Tofurky!!

I'd opt for just smaller portions of everything on that day. Search online for some low calorie thanksgiving meals... Maybe you will find just what you are looking for!
  • Lisapokie27
    Lisapokie27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did the south beach diet a couple of years ago , and there was a recipe for cauliflower mash potatoes. You just boil the cauliflower and mash them up just like potatoes! I can't tell the difference, but my fiance can; so I just do 1/4 potatoes and 3/4 cauliflower. Its delicious!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    roast herb turkey (put herbs under skin) - or just buy the skinless boneless breast instead of the whole bird.
    sweet potatoes (baked instead of candied)
    you can do mashed potatoes without the butter and cream, boil, let sit, leave a little of the water in the bottom of the pan, use chicken stock (or almond milk)
    I refuse to accept a substitute for stuffing, you either have it or you don't
    make your own cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries

Personally, I'm not concerned about it this year, it's one day. I don't plan to over stuff my self, but I'm not going to tell myself that I can never have thanksgiving ever again.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    You just boil the cauliflower and mash them up just like potatoes! I can't tell the difference, but my fiance can; so I just do 1/4 potatoes and 3/4 cauliflower. Its delicious!

I made these last night for supper! 100% cauliflower, tho. :)

They satisfied my craving for mashed potatoes and even tho my bf knew they were cauliflower -- HE DEVOURED THEM (after protesting "ew, cauliflower!?") They are a really great alternative to potatoes and will be the "potatoes" at my thanksgiving this year.
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Last year the Biggest Loser show posted recipes for what the contestants ate during the Thanksgiving episode... I printed the recipes (I'll have to find them), but I'm sure if you googled it you could find them. Most of the recipes sounded amazing and so so yummy! Instead of a whole turkey, their recipes was for a turkey breast!