Nutella...where have you been

Options

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I put 1 tbsp on a waffle in the morning for breakfast a lot. It gives me a sweet fix and it's not horrible on cals cuz it's only half a serving.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of trying to since I love peanut butter sandwiches, but know you've all told me about it being high in sugar I guess it's a no no for me!
  • khbsrt
    khbsrt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think I had it when I was little but forgot about it. My Husbhand's middle eastern and loves it but I never got in the cupboard and checked it out. Oh Man! Now that is a treat! It tastes like the center of my favorite Lindor truffle (hazlenut)...and I just take a little bit on the tip of a spoon
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The dark chocolate dreams peanut butter from Peanut Butter Company is delicious too, if you aren't a hazelnut fan!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I can't control myself when it comes to nutella, all I needed was a spoon and a jar or an occasional pretzel to dip in. Before I realized it I could eat half the jar.... OMG. Sadly I don't buy it anymore at least not until I can control myself around it
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It tastes great but it is soo high in sugar. I prefer pb2 http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    OMG! It is the BEST! But, I can't keep it or peanut butter in my house. I will eat it right out of the jar, by the spoon full, every time I pass my kitchen.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just bought it the other day and am in love with it. I eat it like a PB&J sandwich! So good!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is even better. Check it: justinsnutbutter.com

:heart: :heart:
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Love love love <3
    So much sugar though... Eat it in moderation (she says with a spoon and half-empty jar in her hand...)

Right there with you!!!!!
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My new friend is Maranatha Chocolate Almond Butter. I am allowed 1/2 tablespoon a day. IT IS SO GOOD! (Which is why only 1/2 tablespoon a day :0))) It also has half the sugar of nutella.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    mmmm..it is delicious!

I don't buy it anymore though b/c 1.) I'm trying to keep our grocery bill down a bit and 2.) it's so darn tasty that I eat too much of it
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love it but i don't keep it in the house... too dangerous. Great with strawberries, apples, bananas, on toast, bagels, english muffins, pancakes and in crepes. I also used to drizzle it over cheesecake....

That stuff is heaven in a jar.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My favorite naughty treat:

Toast an english muffin, spread 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella on one side, and 1/4 tablespoon of low sodium natural peanut butter on the other side, and squish together. Best savored when still warm. It's like a candy bar, soooo yummy.
  • Jeannelin
    Options
    Nutella, while delicious (my kids love it so much we can't keep it in the house) has hydroginated oils and sugar. I prefer the fresh ground peanut butter (some grocery stores have it besides health food stores.) Protein without salt or oils. And delicious too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    my dessert from last night

Cheesecake Brownie BnJ topped with nutella

2011-10-24%25252021.25.05.jpg
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is even better. Check it: justinsnutbutter.com

Agreed ^^
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have only recently discovered the chocolatey deliciousness of Nutella. I can't believe it took me 46 years to discover it!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I love it... I hate the price of it! It"s twice as expensive as plain PB at my stores!!

Do you have Aldi's where you're from? They have a version of it. :smile:
  • ameerah77
    ameerah77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!! Enjoy in moderation, that's what I try to do when I eat it :tongue: