Ground Beef

Options
If you still eat ground beef, this article may help you kick the cheeseburger habit once and for all.... It's scary what we're actually eating.

http://www.grist.org/article/2010-01-05-cheap-food-ammonia-burgers

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    don't care what's in it, it's still delicous.
    Plus that's an American article is it not? We're not allowed american meat in europe, this may be one of the reaons xD
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    Yum. You think all this 'knowledge' would stop people from eating crap. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. That and pure stupidity.

**edit** I'm stupid too. I break down and eat some nasty things from time to time, so please don't think I'm on any sort of soapbox.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have not read the article, but even in America you can get better quality meat if you know where to find it.
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    I tend to stick more with local producers, I live in a somewhat rural area so there are a lot of farmers markets around with good meats. But your right mass produced north american beef patties are horrible for you
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with this is that they are feeding it to our kids in schools under the guise of a "healthy" lunch program. :(
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Totally not going to read it (because I hate to find out gross info), but already gave it up a few years ago! I'm all about turkey meat! :-)

And if you "don't care what's in it".... then don't comment.... She's just spreading the knowledge.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

And if you "don't care what's in it".... then don't comment.... She's just spreading the knowledge.

Um, squeeze me, I wasn't having a go at her for posting the information, I was just replying sharing my opinion that I still enjoy food despite icky ingredients.
    It's not up to you who can and cannot reply on a forum post.
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    Totally not going to read it (because I hate to find out gross info), but already gave it up a few years ago! I'm all about turkey meat! :-)

Unfortunately, if it's produced in the same manner, the turkey isn't much better :/

Without having my own farm to grow and raise whatever I'm consuming, I never REALLY know about my food.

I try to make the best choices, but sometimes life and finances get in the way. That's when I eat the unknown and hope for the best!
  • Samanthasteinagle26
    Options
    ewww
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...cheeseburgers are yum.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to stop eating.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm going to shift to a suppository style of eating.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Found this post...I'm upset cause I was hoping because I was in Canada you rpost didn't apply too me...turns out I'm not so lucky!!!

http://rockinontheblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/whats-in-canadian-ground-beef.html
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    There's not an article in the world that will make me dislike cheeseburgers or beef of any kind.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Next thing you know, we're going to find out hot dogs are made out of lips and *kitten*. Man, I love hot dogs.

I'm really not afraid of what's in my food. I like to eat too much to stress about it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I am going to absorb nutrients from the air like an epiphyte.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I am going to absorb nutrients from the air like an epiphyte.
    That's amazing! I have a friend who would be interested in that. Here, she will introduce herself:
    tumblr_lep3up5K2E1qe91fco1_500.jpg
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sorry...but LOVE MY NICE JUICY CHEESEBURGERS!!! Not about to read it..that's like saying.."watch how the egg comes out of the chicken...bahahaha!!! Not going to happen!!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten any beef in years.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I eat it very rarely, usually stick to chicken and seafood but Jamie Oliver had this show that we watched in Foods 12 last year, can't quite remember what it was called but he was going across the USA trying to make middle school and elementary schools healthier and he did a demo/simulation of what they do to ground beef.. turned me off of it for quite awhile :sick: