C25K Running Group - Week 7 (closed group)

Options
OMGoodness, we're almost there!!
2n66m1f.jpg

Here are our workouts for the week:
Workout 1: Brisk five-min warmup, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)
Workout 2: Brisk five-min warmup, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)
Workout 3: Brisk five-min warmup, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    a) W7D1 completed...Not! I ran a whopping 15 min :ohwell: I couldn't do it due to severe hip cramps. I was in the zone, ready to see it through, but my hip had other plans. I tried to run through the pain, but that didn't seem too smart.
    b) I'm icing my hip now and did some stretches
    c) I'll try again tomorrow, if my hip allows

Felicia
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Week 7 looks hard! Good luck you guys. :happy:

I'll be with you soon, I'm sure!
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    a) W7D1 completed...Not! I ran a whopping 15 min :ohwell: I couldn't do it due to severe hip cramps. I was in the zone, ready to see it through, but my hip had other plans. I tried to run through the pain, but that didn't seem too smart.

Felicia

I am sorry Felicia, 15 mins was enough for me too yesterday. Tonight we will run together.
    Tonya
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I am sorry Felicia, 15 mins was enough for me too yesterday. Tonight we will run together.
    Tonya

Yup, we'll try it again today. My hip is better.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Felicia

I'm sorry Felicia, please take care of your hip. we came from a long way and we don't want to see you get hurt. I will run for few minutes now and will run toghether tonight.
  • chanson104
    Options

Felicia
    Hope your hip feels better. Good luck tomorrow!!
  • TL136
    Options
    W7d1: completed at speed 5
    I think running for 15 minutes yesterday helped a lot.
    My shoulders did better, i took advil all day and 20 mins. Before running my husband rubbed biofreeze on my shoulders.
    I have a strong feeling that a lot of my problem was the fact that my two boys were playing with the treadmill two wkends ago with their matchbox cars and raised the incline to 2.5. I never figured this out till tonight!:laugh:

Good luck and smiles to all:wink:
  • chanson104
    Options
    My shoulders did better, i took advil all day and 20 mins. Before running my husband rubbed biofreeze on my shoulders.
    I have a strong feeling that a lot of my problem was the fact that my two boys were playing with the treadmill two wkends ago with their matchbox cars and raised the incline to 2.5. I never figured this out till tonight!:laugh:

Doesn't it feel good to know that there was a reason for your sore shoulders!! LOL! At least you got a shoulder massage out of it! Congrats on completing day 1!
  • chanson104
    Options
    a. W7D1 completed.
    b. I knew that I could do it because it was the same thing that we did for W6D3, but I am happy to have accomplished it.
    c. Only 8 more runs to go, and we will C25K be graduates!! WoooHoooo yaya us!!!!!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W7D1 completed, it took every ounce of my being to get through it!!
    b) It was like I was starting from scratch, like I've never jogged in my life. I was so relieved to look down to see 1 min remaining!!
    c) I just want to get through the week. I plan on skipping tomorrow though, I need a rest.

I treated myself to the steam room and jacuzzi afterward, which was the best part of the workout.

WTG ladies for getting it done!!
  • ysamatar
    Options

Doesn't it feel good to know that there was a reason for your sore shoulders!! LOL! At least you got a shoulder massage out of it! Congrats on completing day 1!

Congrats on completing D1! I'm glad you figured it out the shoulder pain.
  • ysamatar
    Options
    a. W7D1 completed.
    b. I knew that I could do it because it was the same thing that we did for W6D3, but I am happy to have accomplished it.
    c. Only 8 more runs to go, and we will C25K be graduates!! WoooHoooo yaya us!!!!!!
    I also knew you could it! Great job!!!. When I saw your post and Tonya's I went to the treadmill. It is amazing how far support goes and the motivation we gave eachother is so Priceless.:love:
  • ysamatar
    Options
    a) W7D1 completed, it took every ounce of my being to get through it!!
    b) It was like I was starting from scratch, like I've never jogged in my life. I was so relieved to look down to see 1 min remaining!!
    c) I just want to get through the week. I plan on skipping tomorrow though, I need a rest.

I treated myself to the steam room and jacuzzi afterward, which was the best part of the workout.

WTG ladies for getting it done!!

I'm glad that you're feeling better and did you run. If you only knew how much I want to go to the steam room!
  • ysamatar
    Options
    a.W7D1 completed- 4.5 run with.5%incline.
    b. It wasn't so bad. I think the zumba class I went thelped a little bit. I was so thirsty through out the running though, I don't know why?
    c. I plan on going to the gym for the hip hop class. Not sure If I will run or not but i can't wait this week to be over!
  • TL136
    Options
    b. It wasn't so bad. I think the zumba class I went thelped a little bit. I was so thirsty through out the running though, I don't know why?
    c. I plan on going to the gym for the hip hop class. Not sure If I will run or not but i can't wait this week to be over!

Please tell me that says .5% and not 5%. If not holy cow you are awesome, actually even if it says .5% you are still awesome!
    Tonya
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Hey gang,
    After we get through the next couple of weeks are we starting the 30Ds challenge next?
  • TL136
    Options
    Hey gang,
    After we get through the next couple of weeks are we starting the 30Ds challenge next?

I would love to do it with you guys. We are a a great support network!
    Tonya
  • ysamatar
    Options
    Hey gang,

Tonya

Yep! We are going to do it togheter. I think we should continue some kind of running otherwise we will be going back to day one.
  • ysamatar
    Options

Please tell me that says .5% and not 5%. If not holy cow you are awesome, actually even if it says .5% you are still awesome!
    Tonya

Hahhaaa! How I only wish it was 5%. I tried 1% and couldn't do it so .5%. Thanks alot.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

Tonya

We should! I did it for 28 days and then gave up. It would be nice to try it again. :)

I'm hoping I can fit in a run tomorrow! Finger's crossed.