eating exercise caloriess back

Options
Can someone explain to me why would someone eat their exercise calories back?? Also, reading through some of the posts here, I noticed that many people dont get good results from eating less than their MFP goal. WHY? I always used to lose some weight when I ate too little back in the days when i was 15.
Help much appreciated!=)

Replies

• LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You would lose weight. Some say you'll slow down your metabolism. I do not eat my exercise calories. I rarely eat all my calories, and I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks. I exercise 4-6 times a week.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Grabs popcorn

This always gets interesting...
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    haha i hope this post will get more replies..
  • CynMM29
    CynMM29 Posts: 20
    Options
    I wondered about this... My caloric goal is 1200 per day. I exercise and I'm told I gained more calories to eat... why would i do this to myself?
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    Totally depends on what you are eating. If you eat crap then you look like crap, if you eat right then you look right. :smile: you will still lose weight if you eat back your calories but you have to eat good food.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back, and I've lost 5lbs. I eat until I'm full.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Grabs popcorn

love it. (I say as I eat the last of my hard-earned exercise calories for the day)
  • azrak
    azrak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sometimes i eat my exercise calories back, but not always. To me though its not always about the calories. For instance if i ate bread but stayed under my calorie goal or just at it i wouldnt lose weight anyway. i think a lot depends on what you are eating and if you dont eat enough you body will think it is starving and so hold onto the fat for when it gets dire. or not - as something i read just said!
  • ellenbrasier
    Options
    I need help to just stay with the calorie counter. I was loosing weight with the excersise I was doing and the calories I did not really always finish. But I get tired of Salads and then instead of just eating off the calorie chart one day a week to keep myself sane, I have a tendency to quit. i am 62 years old and have had to diet all my life. Help me to stay on it this time with support. I really could use a support person or group and some humor to keep me laughing which gets me though rough spells. Thanks.:happy: :blushing:
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Here's a question.....
    Whats the difference between a five foot tall woman on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and a woman who is five nine on a 1200 calorie a day diet???

Answer,

The ability to eat back more exercise calories and still lose weight.

Simple math folks.

You can't get your proper vitamins eating too little.

You can't lose weight eating too much.

You are probably over estimating your exercise calories anyway.
  • azrak
    azrak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow - no wonder you were grabbing popcorn. I have never seen such rude people on here before!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    wow - no wonder you were grabbing popcorn. I have never seen such rude people on here before!

This has been rehashed over and over and over and over and over and ooooooooover again. Its irritating. There is a search function for a reason.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options

LOLNO
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's not that people are rude, but this topic gets posted at least twice a day. A simple forum search will uncover a million threads about it. But still people ask, and still they get conflicting answers from both camps. Why join a website with built-in functions to help you manage calorie intake and expenditure and then question its function on day 1?
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well when I set up my account, I set it up so MPF gave me a deficit. So I was already set up to lose a pound a week. That was without exercise. This way I can track my exercise and eat a bit more. If I didn't eat them back, I'd be eating about 1400 calories a day and working off about 400-600. There'd be no way I could function that way.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Grabs popcorn

You really made me laugh so hard..
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back, and I've lost 5lbs. I eat until I'm full.

To counter this: I do eat my exercise calories back and I've lost 68 lbs. It does work, well into the long-run. I promise. :)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options

To counter this: I do eat my exercise calories back and I've lost 68 lbs. It does work, well into the long-run. I promise. :)

And I always ate mine back and lost 30 lbs and reached my goal weight inside of 5 months.