I Gained How Much?

OMG, talk about a bad weekend!

Starting late Friday I had a major binge weekend, (not proud of this), but it happened and I got it out of my system. Pretty much everything I craved for two years was fair game this weekend, I found myself eating even when I wasn't hungry.

Sports on TV all weekend, baseball, football and no exercise at all.

Talk about embarrassing!

First time this has happened in over two years, thank God, but from Friday evening to when I weighed in on Monday morning I gained a shocking 15 lbs!

How is that even possible? LOL

Holy crap did I feel like sh.t on Monday morning both physically and mentally! My routine 3 mile speed walk was a major chore, every muscle in my legs hurt the entire time, I have not experienced this in many months.

Luckily I'm back on track since yesterday morning and have already lost nearly 7 of those 15 lbs! Hoping to be back to my maintenance weight by next Monday.

This just goes to show that you can never let your guard down no matter how far you've come in your journey.

Here's hoping that you can avoid one of these major lapses in judgement!

Well, off for my walk now and muscles permitting, a round of HIIT on the elliptical this evening.

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I was wondering what would happen if you let up on your exercising! No need to wonder anymore!! YIPES!!!! Didn't realize it would happen that quickly. No doubt 7 lbs. was water retention. Guess we all learned a lesson on that one. It's like in the past when I've 'dieted', and then the diet's over and I can go back to eating!!! Not going to do that this time.
    No matter how embarrassing, thanks for sharing. Gives me the will power to keep this up ~ FOR LIFE!!!!
    Glad to see you are back on track!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Thanks Nancy!

If this post helps just one person along, then the embarrassment was worth it.

From now on there will be no cheat days and certainly not a cheat weekend for me, just an occasional cheat meal :)

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    WOW. I had a major Friday binge due to kids 19th birhtday (she's legal to drink now) and lunch with friends at a very nice Italiano restaurant. I take Saturday and Sunday off from exercising normally unless weather is good and I hike through the bush. It took me until Monday to get back to where I was on Friday morning. I am hoping I will be below that tomorrow. I didn't think anyone could gain that much in a weekend. I know some of my gain was water due to alcohol consumption on Friday and major re hydration on Saturday. I know that won't happen again until I am under 260 at least.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    One week later, less actually...

The dreaded weight gain is gone ;)

No more of that crap LOL
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Good to hear. Personally i think a cheat day/meal/whatever is good for mental health. I always find myself 3-6lbs heavier the next day, but it's 90% just water weight and I'm usually even lighter than "before" in a couple of days. But I find myself not craving anything afterwards. Plus you're mixing things up with your diet and keeping your body guessing a bit. Always shocking to see that fake weight gain initially though.