Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Saturday's Numbers

Calories: Under, not by much. Thank god I changed the settings from 1290 to 1490. I think that helped with my loss as well. Gonna keep it there until I see that it needs to be changed.

Exercise: None...was my off day. And I sure needed to clean my apartment.....however, I decided to lay in bed today, was just to exhausted from the hectic week.

Water...next....not one bottle of water today :(

Today, I am proud that I stayed ithin my caloric content, and got all my school work done.
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Saturday Checkin

10-22-11

Under Cals - Yes, thanks to constant housecleaning and chasing baby.
    Water - 9 glasses - Excellent!
    Exercise - at least 2 hrs of housecleaning - truly I did it all day but will only figure the 2 hrs.

Proud - That I managed to not fall completely off the the wagon due to the Friday night bad choices.
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know this is starting into the last week of October, but can I still join in?
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Windchild, welcome we are an open group that has been around for a while and we welcome any newcomers.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Sundays Numbers:

Calories...stayed within my limits
    Exercise....none, will be exercising twice tomorrow, one in the morning and in the afternoon
    water....oh boy.....a big fat zero again......the weekends seem more difficutl for me to consume water....why?

Tonight with dinner, I had rice....it felt so foreign seeing it on my plate! It has been almost a month since I have eaten rice. Though it is high in carbs, I am sure that it will not affect my weight loss. I mean I did stay within my calorie content.

I had ice cream tonight with dinner, the sugar free kind. I just wonder is there is a real difference between the sugar free and the regular kind....something I may have to research.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Sundays Goals:

Calories... No, went way over! :(
    Exercise....none, day off (Sunday)
    Water: Yes

Proud: I didn't get dip with the msg-free chips.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Tinkerbella, Ehlertmartha and Windchild!

Melinda (mstahl): I'm glad you didn't have any trouble eating the rooster. Yesterday during our drive in the country, we saw a farmer using a forklift to dump a HUGE dead hog into a dumpster. Part of me was a little grossed out, but the other part know it's just part of farm life, especially when raising hundreds of animals for meat. The dog was running next to the forklift trying with all of his might to get the hog...I'm sure he wanted to chew on some pig ears!

This weekend I didn't do any exercising, unless I can count two days walking around the mall and trying clothes on in an effort to find something to wear to a friend's wedding. I'll have to hit it hard early this week, then taper so I have fresh legs for Saturday's 10 Miler. I also need to finish making my Halloween costume!

Checking in for the weekend:
    Friday:
    Calories: Close to target
    Water: 48 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: Chose a delicious sandwich with lots of veggies and beans for dinner instead of pizza.

Saturday:
    Calories: Over...friend's wedding had awesome cupcakes in lieu of cake.
    Water: None
    Proud: Made the effort to chat with some people I don't typically talk to much.

Sunday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: None
    Proud: The boyfriend and I split a burrito entree and each had some soup (just a small cup for me) for dinner. It was the perfect amount of food and much cheaper that way!

Hope you all had a good weekend and Happy Monday.

For anyone new to the thread, feel free to friend me if you'd like. Just make sure to leave a message saying you're from the Over 200 thread.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am sick with a tummy flu of some sort. Feeling a little better than yesterday. My youngest daughter brought it home from a slumber party and she is home from school sick. Ryan (6yo son) has some other kinda flu with congestion coughing and fever. Really? My kids have 2 different kinds of flu and they are both home sick. The highschooler went to school well hopefully, she stays that way. I ran out of cereal and can't go to the store with sick kids until the hubby gets home tonight. Sorry I needed to vent at least it hurts to eat so I will be keeping the calories down today. Did I mention I need to clean my house and I don't feel up to it. I just think changing sheets and airing out the house will help get rid of my flu bugs I got going on here. It will be in the upper 70"s so I think airing out is a good idea. I need to bleach the toilets and mop some floors. grrrrr...I do not feel like it. By the way last night we watched something about Autism and it made me cry. I need to focus on the fact that my son communicates with me even if it is not up to his age level. He tells me he loves me and he tries to talk to me about movies that he loves(over and over and over:laugh: ). It was just a reminder to my husband and myself that it could have been worse. We are blessed!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am sick with a tummy flu of some sort. Feeling a little better than yesterday. My youngest daughter brought it home from a slumber party and she is home from school sick. Ryan (6yo son) has some other kinda flu with congestion coughing and fever. Really? My kids have 2 different kinds of flu and they are both home sick. The highschooler went to school well hopefully, she stays that way. I ran out of cereal and can't go to the store with sick kids until the hubby gets home tonight. Sorry I needed to vent at least it hurts to eat so I will be keeping the calories down today. Did I mention I need to clean my house and I don't feel up to it. I just think changing sheets and airing out the house will help get rid of my flu bugs I got going on here. It will be in the upper 70"s so I think airing out is a good idea. I need to bleach the toilets and mop some floors. grrrrr...I do not feel like it. By the way last night we watched something about Autism and it made me cry. I need to focus on the fact that my son communicates with me even if it is not up to his age level. He tells me he loves me and he tries to talk to me about movies that he loves(over and over and over:laugh: ). It was just a reminder to my husband and myself that it could have been worse. We are blessed!

Sure hope everyone feels better soon! I know it is hard. Just take care of yourself!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    annasgyal It looks like you are this weeks BIGGEST LOSER! Congratulations to you. What will be this weeks challenge? (Sitting on the edge of my seat in antisipation)

Shelle Oh how I LOVE to eat out. One thing I do is have the server box up half the meal so that I don't sit and finsh the whole plate. Fried foods don't really agree with me anymore so that makes it easier to not want to order anything deep fried. Maybe this is something that will help you the next time you go out. You are doing great being aware of those calories.

momma and awestfall so sorry you have been sick. Hope that it doesn't last too long.

Saturday
    Water: close
    Calories: yes 1/2 my meal boxed up. Leftovers here I come.
    Exercise: no
    Proud: Attended a baby shower and did NOT eat the entire platter of homemade goodies. Just a couple

Sunday
    Water: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Day off. Maybe chasing little three years old at church counts. ha ha They are so CUTE!
    Proud; We had a family get together with the cousins and I had good willpower with the brownies. I had the kind with peanut butter and oatmeal so since they were healthy I had two small slices. Healthy?!? that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Monday
    Water: Oh ya!
    Calories: have them logged and I'm right on
    Exercise: Yes burn baby burn. This hike I have been doing is giving my heart rate a serious pounding.
    Proud: Today I stopped to pick up a few groceries and only fresh items made it into the cart.

Drink your water and burn those calories. Let's all be ready for a great check-in on Friday.
  • Windchild
    Options
    My first real post to this thread. Hi everyone!

Monday:
    Calories: Was under. MFP says I was too far under.
    Exercise: Good.
    Water: Not so good. I need to drink more.
    Proud: I was able to resist temptation at work when my co-workers wanted to go out to eat.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    As this weeks biggest loser......it would be fitting to make this weeks challenge will be, you guessed it....WATER! At least 64 ounces!

Monday's Check-in:

Calories- Under, only by 100
    Exercise-Yes sir, did my leslie sansone for three miles, and later in the day, did a hip hop dvd for 24 minutes.
    Water- Got 6 glasses down, it ain't eight, but it is much better than my weekend bomb, where I did zero.

My goal this week is to at the minimum lose SOMETHING!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! It's awesome to see new friends! YAY!!! :flowerforyou:

I've been off and on sick for the past week or so - not anything that's helped with weight-loss of course!

Checking in for the weekend-
    Saturday:
    Calories- Over but not too bad
    Water - just
    Exercise - nothing (and yeah- I said I was going to swim)
    Proud - family gathering and I didn't inhale all of the dessert table! We went over to my sister's house afterward and we had an amazing Thai Curry dinner YUM! :love: Caroline is 38 weeks and she's so beautiful! Her wife EB and I started the meal but somehow Ken and EB and I were all sitting down and Caroline finished the cooking and basically served us a meal - poor thing! She's tall and THIN and all baby bump in the middle - so CUTE! :smooched:

Sunday:
    Calories - Under
    Water - not so much
    Exercise - nope (and YEAH should have SWAM!)
    Proud - I was hungry but had a healthy egg sandwich for dinner on toasted sprouted grain bread (and our own fresh eggs!)

Monday:
    Calories - I didn't eat all of my exercise calories so I'm happy!
    Water - fine now that I'm home (I count the green tea I drink as water)
    Exercise - 5K101 Week Two - I am back to walking and jogging rather than jogging slow then fast but I'm REALLY pushing the jogging part to go faster than my usual snail pace. I also added a 15 minute bike ride to the end where I kept my heart rate up in the peak range the whole 15 minutes and even after the cool down and shower, and dressing and coffee I think I was still panting LOL!

Proud - Poop hit the fan at work around 1:30 - just after I had woofed down a healthy lunch. I inhaled a Reese's cup and a fun sized kit-cat both dipped in the Trader Joe's flaxseed peanut butter in like 20 minutes of work stress. Why am I proud? Because I stopped and other than one more little snicker bar I had an apple and a healthy dinner and I'm going to be fine. Normally I'd be all "eff this day" and eat a ton but I stopped the madness :bigsmile:

NOW I need to sleep because I started out at 5:45 this morning and I've not stopped or even slowed down once! Gah! so much for our best laid plans! :ohwell:
  • Shelle68
    Options
    mstahl - WTG on the 15 min intense biking. When I do mine I like to do 4 mins at 14 mph and then 1 min as fast and hard as I can pump it, with setting on hardest pedaling. Then I repeat it for a 20 min workout total. Its a tough one but feels good!

annasgyal- I would love to know more about your hip hop dvd. I am doing the Just Dance2 and LOVE IT!!! So always open to dancing workouts!

Snowflakes- Aww thanks on the kind words of comfort over the eating out and fried foods. I was in a place like never before; mentally, physically apt, and so forth. And that one meal has set me back and said goodbye 3 pounds ago to my weigh in last week. I don't understand that at all. So this next time I find that "zone" spot for me, I am fighting to stay there.

Monday 10/24/11

Calories: Over again.
    Exercise: Yeppers! 40 mins of Just Dance 2
    Water: 72 oz.

Proud: I did manage to get some "resistance training" in on NOT EATING throughout the evening the way I really wanted to. Now if I would have put the Smartfood popcorn down earlier, I would have been even more prouder.

Today's Goal: To stay under calorie and get one more workout in.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! So nice to see so many new faces, it's bringing life back into our thread yeah!

Well I was MIA over the weekend because I was just plain bad... bad with food and feeling bad about it. But I got mostly back on track yesteday (didn't do so hot last night - but ok). I was so happy at the beginning of the month that the scale had finally moved after 2 months, but now I've gained the 2 pounds back that I had lost. I'm leaving my ticker alone in hopes that I will be able to lose those 2 lbs before our next weigh-in on Friday. NO MORE SWEETS AND EXTRA CARBS!

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over after eating the WHOLE taco salad when I intended to skip the shell :angry:
    exercise: good - 45 minutes of step class
    water: not so good, didn't track
    proud: trying to get back on track again and get out of this slump
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over...that pint of Ben & Jerry's Fro-Yo wouldn't stop calling my name. (Lauren, you were right! It tastes like the real thing!!)
    Water: 88 oz.
    Exercise: Raked leaves for an hour.
    Proud: My mom and I raked a HUGE amount of leaves in that hour. Our pile is MUCH larger than anyone else's. For reference, I have four ginormous trees in my backyard that make a huge mess this time of year.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Oh sea salt how I love thee... The fall apples are so yummy and I have been enjoying sea salt on the sliced wedges. m-m-m-m I have got to watch out I had huge sodium numbers for today. Like way over the recommended. This weeks water challenge will help flush out the salt.

Tuesday

Calories: yes, but just barely and that includes ALL of my exercise calories.
    Water: yes, gulp, gulp, gulp!
    Exercise: yes, my tushie is letting me know that I'm using different muscles climbing the steep inclines.
    Proud: Went to lunch with friends and we didn't share a dessert.

Have a terrific evening all.
  • Windchild
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

Calories: Was under, again.
    Water: Didn't get enough water again. I got to find a way to drink more.
    Exercise: Yep!
    Proud: That I actually exercised today, even though I was very tired from work.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Great job, Windchild! Getting those first workouts in is hard but you did it!!!
  • annasgyal
    Options
    @shelle...I alternate between shaun-t's hip hop abs and Billy Blanks Cardioke. It might seem corny the cardioke, but it is quite effective.

Tuesday's numbers:

Calories: Under, by 200...
    Exercise: None, off day...Hoping to get two exercise routines in tomorrow, Definately exercising in the morning, Just gonna wing it for my evening exercises.
    Water: Got my eight glasses today! Talk about a challange...

Got my philosophy homework done, so I am real glad for that, and will be even more thrilled when this class is over!