Morning or Night?

Options
I am curious to know who works out in the morning or at night, and what you see the benefits of your preferred time being.

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Either way, it depends on the days and where I can fit the exercise. Usually in the mornings but sometimes it has to be done in the evenings. Very rarely do I skip a workout though.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I used to workout in the evenings, but I found it hard to sleep at night...so for the past month I started working out in the morning (it was hard to wake up early in the mornings at 1st, but now I am used to it). This seems to work for me and I have more energy for the entire day (which is nice).
  • BSero1982
    Options
    I do late afternoon. Morning im to lazy.. and night time im to lazy. lol :)
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always get up around 530am and i am at the gym by 630. I work out until about 740 then head to work. I then have the whole evening off to spend time with the wife. Works out great for me.
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go at 6 am usually. I find that it's easier to plan my food knowing how many exercise cals I have and I usually have excuses to skip at night.
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings simply because I don't function well before noon. Getting up at 7:30 for work is about as much as I can handle.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    well My work out is always around 9:15 am simply because that is the best slot I had to put it in. SInce I work nights sometimes that is the end of my day on my days off that is close to the beginning.. I don't see much difference.. Morning is easier to get it done, less tired from the long days events... Starts me off with the feeling of I burned some fat yeah!
    lol But as long as your getting some in most days I say whenever your schedule allows is best :)
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I do both. I run in the mornings, and then do a DVD at night, like the 30 Day Shred, or a Bob Harper one.

Do what works for you.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mornings are better for me - it leaves me feeling energised and mentally pumped for the day :) I tried late avo/night training but I just feel too worn out at that time most days to keep it up regularly.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can! If I think too long and hard about when, what etc... I wind up not going at all. It becomes "tomorrow" I'll go. lol
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Morning because my gym is too crowded at night. We have 10 flat bench press racks and they have a waiting list at night. Ridiculous.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I do late afternoon. Morning im to lazy.. and night time im to lazy. lol :)

i am with you
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I just started doing 10 minutes in the morning and I really love it. But I also love my walks at night after work. I'm really surprised how the morning exercise gets me going faster though...
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    I work out during lunch or early afternoon and eat at my desk after. Totally worth it. I found that if I work out in the evening, I get too amp'd up to sleep and since I am not an early bird either, the lunch time schedule works the best for me.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    That is so not what I thought this thread would be about. *tip toes out of room*
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    on my weekends (sunday-tuesday) i do 30ds at night. its easier for me that way... during the week i do my walking and 30ds during the day while kidlet #1 is at school. its just when i manage to fit it in :) i do find it easier to do in the morning, its harder to find excuses (too tired/long day etc)
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    if only working out did not involve showering afterwards!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Mornings...the rink is too crowded in the afternoon (and there's no adequate ice time at night). But sometimes, even I can't wake up early enough for mornings, and I suck it up in the afternoons.
  • Virtue3
    Options
    Working out is better than not working out :). So whichever one is easiest for you. Just make sure you eat after your workout (whey protein!)
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do both, whenever the baby is asleep! but I try to do the cardio in the morning (because at night I feel too bloated to jump around and make loads of noise) and at night if I feel like I haven't done enough I would do a 60 mins mat workout, also because the baby has fallen in a predictable pattern, so after 10:30 and up till 7am I'm free!! ;D. Good thing about burning calories at night is that you don't get to eat all calories from exercise later on! but if you feel hungry after the workout you can allow yourself a snack or you could go to bed feeling hungry and then naturally slim down during your sleep, so you tend to wake up weighing less and feeling lighter!:D