Do you remember how you felt at your heaviest?

Options
Physically, I don't remember how I felt besides feeling the rolls of fat on my sides and feeling weighed down. I remember stretching my XL shirts just so I wouldn't have to wear XXL (when I should have been!!) I also remember when I'd get a picture of myself taken, I'd squeeze my thighs together and put one in front of the other and lay my arms out across the sides of my waist to make myself look smaller.
Mentally, I remember how I hated so much...I thought I was the ugliest person ever and I would walk behind my husband because I was ashamed for him and I was not confident at all. I have a hard time with self esteem still and I still catch myself hiding behind my husband - ugh. I'm sure in time that will get better. :heart:

I thought I'd remind us all of how we felt - to keep motivating ourselves ot push forward and keep going. I will never get back to that weight again - as long as I keep reminding myself of where I'm at now and what I was then. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Like crap.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I remember dreading clothes shopping.

HAHAHAHAHAH.

Shopping is my FAVOURITE thing in the world! <3
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Like crap.

LOL!!! That summed it up!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Like my life was behind me.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I compare myself to people more than I should, and both my roommates and best friend (at the time) were all really thing. Two dancers and one who just never gained weight. I felt awful most of the time. Whenever I feel chubby it reverts me back to fifth grade, when my weight troubles started and a girl in my class called me walrus. That's stuck with me for all these years, so I'm trying me best to get away from it.
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    I used to feel awesome when I was fatter. Really awesome, really cool and funny.

Then I lost the weight and now I REALLY know what feeling AWESOME feels like. Being able to run... any distance at all... without falling apart. Cycling 50km without a worry in The World. Squatting my own weight, and then some, and checking myself out in the mirror... because while I'm not perfect, I'm a whole lot more awesome than I used to be.

And as I say in my signature... it doesn't feel like it was that hard, now I've done it.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I felt like crap.

I couldn't do things I can do now. For example I wasn't able to run from my house down the street to the school I lived by. I can now. I also make it a point to exercise in some way daily.

I also wasn't able to just use my upper body strength to swing up onto the counter.
  • LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    super bad... I couldn't walk without breathing hard, none of my clothes fit, and I was one pound from being obese... thaks for posting this, it really motivated me.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I felt fat.
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    I've only lost 15 lbs so far- but I do feel the difference :) I'm happy ! (especially w/ the exercise!) And my "fat pants" are so loose now !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Like a slob and climbing stairs was a b*tch.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Like crap.

^^This
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I used to feel awesome when I was fatter. Really awesome, really cool and funny.

Then I lost the weight and now I REALLY know what feeling AWESOME feels like. Being able to run... any distance at all... without falling apart. Cycling 50km without a worry in The World. Squatting my own weight, and then some, and checking myself out in the mirror... because while I'm not perfect, I'm a whole lot more awesome than I used to be.

And as I say in my signature... it doesn't feel like it was that hard, now I've done it.

Wow, I 100% agree with your signature !
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    "Like crap" sums it up perfectly. :P
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 15 lbs so far- but I do feel the difference :) I'm happy ! (especially w/ the exercise!) And my "fat pants" are so lose now ! lol....

GREAT JOB!! 15 lbs is a lot of weight!
  • Gallinagordita
    Options
    LOL. I read this as "Do you remember how you fell at your heaviest?" And I was thinking...OOOh....yeah...that one time I tripped on jagged cement in front of the Indian restaurant and fell flat on my face in front of everyone in the parking lot, and I couldn't get up, and some nice man had to help me, and I totally felt like a huge beached out-of-breath whale. Yep.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't feel all that different even after losing 100 lbs. Sure my clothing size changed and I can easily find things in stores now, but I'm still the same person and still feel self-conscious about my body and looks.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest, i cudn't really walk. i waddled like a penguin. :frown:
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all these old memories! Very touching.

I haven't lost much yet... so I still feel like crap :sad:
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Everything hurt! And I hated going out at all because it meant squeezing into something that was too smaller, or wearing a size I was ashamed of...or both. Going out also meant being the chubby girl nobody wanted to dance with, or near....
    My weight has been creeping back up since my back injury post-marathon, so I keep reminding myself that I do NOT want to start back at that awful square one again. Thanks for the reminder, love ya!