Pregnancy Test Question for ladies obviously lol

Options
I have a question!!! My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I'm about 9 days late getting my period and have been off the pill since the begining of July. I got the First Response test where one line is no two is yes, and the first line showed up immediately. In about a minute, I could barely see a second line. It's much much lighter than the first line but you can see a definite line. What does this mean???

Replies

• icandoitgood
    Options
    It means you might be carrying a bundle of joy! Stay healthy!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A line is a line! Your eggo is preggo!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If there are two lines then its positive most likely, most test will say even if there is a very light second line then it is positive. make a doctors appointment to confirm it.
    And congrats!! lol
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    A line is a line unless it didn't show up in the first 10 minutes :smile:

Go here to see pics of positives and negatives to compare to: http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/frer.html
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Is it true it's better to take the test first thing in the morning? It came with 3 tests so I'm thinking I'll take another one in the morning and if the same thing happens I'll call my doctor! :smile:
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    A line is a line unless it didn't show up in the first 10 minutes :smile:

Go here to see pics of positives and negatives to compare to: http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

This picture is exactly what my test looks like http://www.justmommies.com/articles/faint-line.shtml
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    At 9 days late it should be a dark line. When it doubt, get a quantitative HCG test.
  • future_hottie
    future_hottie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your gonna be a mommy sweetie. But I'd take another to be sure =] BUT when i was pregnant for my daughter my second line was very faint. As a matter of fact i didnt see it my husband did and sure enough I was pregnant. Good Luck Sweetie. Stay healthy =]
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Take another one first thing in the morning I'm betting it'll be a little darker then. :) With my first that's how it happened for me too...after 5 tests I was finally convinced. :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    eat well, stay healthy, wait a couple of days for the next test. unless your breasts are surprisingly tender and you have to pee every two hours, in which case you're definitely pregnant.
  • shawn_chas102304
    Options
    Yes it's best to do it the first thing when you wake up. 2 lines means PREGNANT!! BUT I will saying if you are trying and thinking and worrying.. you might just be late because of that. It happened to me with my first time "trying" ... was late the first 2 months we tried but was pregnant the third month when I was late. GOODLUCK!!!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well, if it makes you feel better, definitely use one tomorrow. But yeah, give your doc a call. Two lines means just that, no matter how faint one is. And congratulations!
  • future_hottie
    future_hottie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your First morning Urine contains more of the pregnancy hormone HCG I believe is what its called lol. So YES it is
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Is it true it's better to take the test first thing in the morning? It came with 3 tests so I'm thinking I'll take another one in the morning and if the same thing happens I'll call my doctor! :smile:
    Go ahead and take it in the morning if it makes you feel better, but it sounds like the first one was positive. :-) Congratulations!
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ur preggo!! when's the babyshower??? congrats!!! :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile: :happy: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :wink: I agree that you should make a Dr's appointment. They can do a urine and blood test to help confirm.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yep! A line is a line is a line is a line. Darker or lighter doesn't mean anything, from what I've read.
    If you want further assurance, pee on another stick in the morning, yes. Your pee in the morning will be the most "concentrated."

Congratulations! Moms get to talk about all kinds of great stuff, huh? :)

eta: I believe the advice to go to doctors is outdated. My doctor, with all 3 kids, told me that is solely for peice of mind-- his test is no more accurate than the tests I had taken. Most doctors won't even see you for a few week.
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep. Been there, done that. Even the faintest line should be a positive. Do it again in the morning and it'll likely be much more obvious. Your HCG will be more concentrated in the morning...( I think that's how it works)
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It is better to do with morning pee but 2 lines is a yes even if light. I made my husband come home from work to look at a test one night because i thought I was seeing things because the line was so light. My second line is my 5 year old son..LOL... Congratulations Girl, go to the Doctor and they will do a blood test to confirm and then set you up for your appts... Yay!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitzerin
    Options
    Your eggo is preggo! :-)