Pregnancy Test Question for ladies obviously lol

Options

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'd say a line is a line... but they say the hormones that CAUSE that line do tend to be stronger in your first pee of the day, so definitely take it again in the morning, and let us know how it turns out!! :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Try again using the first pee in the morning to get the best result. You should get a pretty distinct result. Keep in mind that while it is possible to get a false negative, false positives are pretty much unheard of. Good luck!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Is it true it's better to take the test first thing in the morning? It came with 3 tests so I'm thinking I'll take another one in the morning and if the same thing happens I'll call my doctor! :smile:

Congrats on the first test! And yeah, it's best to do it in the morning because that's when the hCG concentration in your urine will be highest. Most pregnancy tests will show positive for anything over 25 mIU/ml hCG. So, if you're showing positive you're more than likely pregnant. :D
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had the same situation, but mine was like 3 hours later and I was hadn't had a period in 10 months (our son was 10 months and I was nursing full time and on the pill hahaha) A line is a line. :flowerforyou: congratulations are in order!!!! Deffinitly call a doctor though. Take care:heart:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Is it the test line or the control line that's light? Just curious. either way-it's positive. I had some sticks left to pee on when I was pg with my last, and I played with them. After a few weeks, my test line was so dark that it pulled almost all the color from the control line over to it.

I am a POAS junkie. lol
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    At 9 days late it should be a dark line. When it doubt, get a quantitative HCG test.

What is a quantitative HCG test?
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Is it the test line or the control line that's light? Just curious. either way-it's positive. I had some sticks left to pee on when I was pg with my last, and I played with them. After a few weeks, my test line was so dark that it pulled almost all the color from the control line over to it.

I am a POAS junkie. lol

It was in the same spot as the line on the picture just lighter
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    At 9 days late it should be a dark line. When it doubt, get a quantitative HCG test.

What is a quantitative HCG test?

A blood test performed at the doctor's office that will give you an actual number of your HCG. HCG rises in early pregnancy, and then levels out and stays pretty consistent until birth...
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    With my daughter, the line was faint....I took TONS of tests before my dr appointment and well she's 7 now! Definitely true..a line is a line. And a previous poster wrote how a doctor's urine test was no better than over the counter, I was told the same.

A quantitative HCG test measures the level of HCG in your blood, its the pregnancy hormone (what makes the line pink on the test!)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    A line is a line as everyone has said. Just wait until you go to the dr to have it confirmed. Oh and you're in my neck if the woods I see. IC here. :)
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    With my 4th I took 2 that had very faint second lines. I finally told my husband I wanted a digital test that said the words "pregnant" or "not pregnant". It was more expensive, but it made me feel better to actually see the words "Pregnant". Good luck!!
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    A line is a line as everyone has said. Just wait until you go to the dr to have it confirmed. Oh and you're in my neck if the woods I see. IC here. :)

Yea I don't wanna get my hopes up just in case it was just a fluke test. I have been wanting kids forever though so I am about to drive to the ER and demand a blood test lol.

I go to IC quite a bit! Big Hawks fan
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    As long as you 'read' the test within the timeframe stated in the instructions, normally 'a line is a line' even if it's faint. Definitely test again first thing in the morning, you will most likely get a much nicer line. :-) It's not super-common for the line to be faint at 9 days late, but there *are* legitimate reasons for it to be light and everything to be just fine and healthy. You might have ovulated later than you would usually expect, which would mean you could be a few days 'less pregnant' than you'd expect from your LMP, and that would account for a lighter line at 9 days late. Plus some women just find that they consistently get their + tests later than others. In any case, call and see when your chosen midwife or OB would like to have you come in. :-)
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options

Yea I don't wanna get my hopes up just in case it was just a fluke test. I have been wanting kids forever though so I am about to drive to the ER and demand a blood test lol.

I go to IC quite a bit! Big Hawks fan

I kmow you are anxious, buy and hcg us not and ER visit.

Oh I know I was just kidding
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    OK. The way you explained it in the first, it had me thinking the TEST (first line) is the dark one and the CONTROL (the one that shows the test worked) is the light one.

Here's two of my like 100 tests from my last. LOL http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/cbms/picture girl/DSC03488.jpg Which one does your test more closely resemble? If it's the first, (with the second line being darker), that means your HCG is there but still lower. If it's like the second (the first line much darker than the second (control) line), then it's likely your HCG is through the roof. :)
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    OK. The way you explained it in the first, it had me thinking the TEST (first line) is the dark one and the CONTROL (the one that shows the test worked) is the light one.

Here's two of my like 100 tests from my last. LOL http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/cbms/picture girl/DSC03488.jpg Which one does your test more closely resemble? If it's the first, (with the second line being darker), that means your HCG is there but still lower. If it's like the second (the first line much darker than the second (control) line), then it's likely your HCG is through the roof. :)

Mine looks like the first one but the first line is as light as the line in the second one, if that makes sense?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Congrats are in order either way. :) I'd go buy a digi-but that's because I LOVE TO PEE ON STICKS!!!! lol
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Congrats are in order either way. :) I'd go buy a digi-but that's because I LOVE TO PEE ON STICKS!!!! lol

LOL I'm tempted to but I still have 2 of the other tests... I'm just going to cross my fingers that tomorrows is a clear yes or no, either way I want to know for sure
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your test may just be light because your urine is diluted...especially if you are following MFP's recommendations regarding water. You could also have had a late implantation, so may not have that dark of a line at this point. There is a lot of variability in how dark the lines are for different women and different pregnancies, so don't stress yourself with how dark the line is. A friend of mine didn't get a positive until she was over a week late and she now has a 3-year-old!
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    Your test may just be light because your urine is diluted...especially if you are following MFP's recommendations regarding water. You could also have had a late implantation, so may not have that dark of a line at this point. There is a lot of variability in how dark the lines are for different women and different pregnancies, so don't stress yourself with how dark the line is. A friend of mine didn't get a positive until she was over a week late and she now has a 3-year-old!

I do drink A LOT of water. I drink about a gallon a day. My pee is always clear lol. I couldn't wait and took a second test, did the same thing. Gonna take the last test in the AM then call my gyno