SWIMMERS: how often do your goggles break?

Options
So, a pair of goggles that I've had for less than a year just broke before my swim this morning (ANNOYING!). The strap just broke in two places. I've had the pair for a little under a year and I would say they got light to medium use in that year. They were Speedo brand, so I guess i expected them to last longer than they did. How often do yours break?

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Mine have never broken, but they get kind of just crappy - more difficult to see through, etc. I've gone through 2 pairs in the last year and am ready for another.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would go through one or two a season when I was swimming in high school and that was only 4 months long. I also wore my goggles extremely tight though so they wouldn't leak. That was probably a contributing factor to the breaks.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    3-6 months a pair before they don't seal well, lenses aren't clear, or the strap breaks.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    a year is pretty good! the chlorine eventually breaks down the plastic in the lens and the strap. I go through about 4-5 pairs a year.
  • LBlake12
    Options
    I usually lose them before I break them. ;)
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    A year is heaps of time.

I wear sweedish goggles so they don't last too long, but they are cheap and I love them. I don't swim as often as I used to, but when I was on swim team in highschool, I'd say I'd go through a couple of pairs a season. I always have two on hand just in case. :)
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ah, I guess I didn't realize how much goggles break down. I'll keep a back-up pair around now that I know. :) Thanks!