The most awkward thing I've posted on MFP...

Options
cschu544
cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
I wish there was a non-creepy way of asking for a butt massage. It hurts SO bad from the power squats from yesterday mixed with the 90 minute level 10 arc trainer today, with the weight training... these buns are tired! I seriously feel like someone has been kicking me in the *kitten* for the last 24 hours... I don't know why I felt the need to share this with the world...

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Well depends on who you are asking to do it for you :)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I will not volunteer to give you a butt massage but I will advise you to google "pigeon stretch" and do a couple of those for a good long time. It'll help, I promise. Never fails!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    LOL.

Glad you're working hard.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Foam roller?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Most places you get massages at work the glutes
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've actually had a chiro/physical therapist tell me basically to go get a butt massage. OK, it was for my "hip flexors" but really. They were getting tight and aggravating my back. It's not really an unusual request at all and is expected with a full body massage. We hold a lot of tension there... well at least I do.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Use a foam roller or softball.
  • Ashleyrist
    Options
    My butt was once molested by a masseuse. True story.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I will not volunteer to give you a butt massage but I will advise you to google "pigeon stretch" and do a couple of those for a good long time. It'll help, I promise. Never fails!

is this the yoga pose that's called pigeon? If so, I remember it being darned AWESOME to stretch the glutes ;)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

is this the yoga pose that's called pigeon? If so, I remember it being darned AWESOME to stretch the glutes ;)

EXACTLY! Its a friggin life saver. I do it every single time I run and almost every time I do lower body strength.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    SO GREAT!!!

I know how you feel lol!! I once told a friend I felt like someone threaded a rubber band from my butt out the bottom of my calves... and every time I took a step, it felt like they were getting stretched to their max limit, for a couple days lol... just keep going!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My butt was once molested by a masseuse. True story.

hahahahaha... i hope you got some of your money back !
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My massage folks tend to stretch me more than massaging the glutes, then they tell me to get a tennis ball, put it on the carpet, then lie down with the tennis ball underneath my glutes (or my hip) where the biggest knot is, then slowly rock back and forth over the tennis ball. It takes some time, but it does knock the tension and pain down if I alternate with icing.