stretch marks

Options
Hey I'm 19 and in good shape but I gained a little weight at college and got some stretch marks by my bicepts and on my sides. I'm running and working out but I'm wondering if there is any cream that is safe to use that can make my stretch marks go away?
Please let me know

Replies

• sportzguy90
    Options
    Hey I'm 19 and in good shape but I gained a little weight at college and got some stretch marks by my bicepts and on my sides. I'm running and working out but I'm wondering if there is any cream that is safe to use that can make my stretch marks go away?
    Please let me know
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Please let me know

doubt it
  • Summerrain
    Options
    I actually just had ababy this past september of last year and I have a RIVER of strech marks. BUT... I watched USA Today and a professional talked about numerous products, one of which is called Bio Oil. It's an orange colored lightly fragrant oil and all though it can be a bit messy it does WONDERS! Of course, my marks aren't completely gone yet but they are definitley decreasing in size and brightness of color. So much better than those creams and lotions out there. You can find it or should find it at your local walmart for 15-20 bucks.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    no, sorry, stretch marks are forever (don't I WISH they weren't). But the smaller you get, they will shrink. Sometimes they also fade over time, but they are always going to be there- just like a scar.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    A lot of people get stretch marks during puberty from growing ... we just don't notice them until we gain weight. They'll get less noticeable when you lose weight.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've heard that if you get a suntan it makes them less noticeable.... but nothing is going to get rid of them!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i just think it's funny that as i read this, there was an add for getting rid of stretch marks at the top of the page :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    i just think it's funny that as i read this, there was an add for getting rid of stretch marks at the top of the page :laugh:

yes...start talik of pizza and we will get pizza ads
    spooky
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Please let me know

self tanning lotion is great for evening skin tone, Nivea makes great self tanning lotion!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Please let me know

self tanning lotion is great for evening skin tone, Nivea makes great self tanning lotion!

Stretch marks are forever!! Trust me i've tried everything and i still have every stretch mark!
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A lot of people get stretch marks during puberty from growing ... we just don't notice them until we gain weight. They'll get less noticeable when you lose weight.
    It's actually the other way around. You get them from gaining weight, but they don't really become noticeable until you lose weight. Like everyone else said, once you got them, you can't get rid of them (it's like bad luggage). You can however make them less noticeable through tanning and the bio-oil that was mentioned earlier.
  • KaraPrince28
    Options
    bio-oil is really great for stretch marks and it's only around 10-15 dollars
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    It's actually the other way around. You get them from gaining weight, but they don't really become noticeable until you lose weight. Like everyone else said, once you got them, you can't get rid of them (it's like bad luggage). You can however make them less noticeable through tanning and the bio-oil that was mentioned earlier.

lol
    bad luggage
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Are you sure? I have stretch marks that are very noticeable.. and have been since way way way before i started loosing.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    vitamin E is supposed to be good for skin as well
  • closet0modern
    Options
    hey, i read that using cocoa butter helps. its best to use it when they are still in the dark purplish stage, i have been using it and they have gotten lighter but im lazy and dont use it consistantly, but id say its worth a try.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    coco butter doesn't get rid of them but it definitley helps a bit
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i would say cocoa butter! tanning i think lightens them but never ever do they go away and never in a million years far away!!!!!!(experienced!):noway: :blushing:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? I have stretch marks that are very noticeable.. and have been since way way way before i started loosing.

any growth spurt will cause stretch marks. Puberty- weight gain- pregnancy, whatever. A lot of women get them around puberty especially on their hips and breasts- they occur when you are growing more quickly than your skin is able to keep up. Stretch marks are like tears in your skin.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options

any growth spurt will cause stretch marks. Puberty- weight gain- pregnancy, whatever. A lot of women get them around puberty especially on their hips and breasts- they occur when you are growing more quickly than your skin is able to keep up. Stretch marks are like tears in your skin.

you give the best advise!!!