Not sure where to start...

Options
Ok, I have done WW before, and had some success. But honestly, I am brain dead about where to start right now. I did go to the store tonight and stocked up on healthy fruits, veggies, yogurt, etc.

I feel like I need someone to tell me what to eat, and I do not know where to look.

Any suggestions? I need to get as much planned as I can, and get as organized as I can. Lots going on around here.

Sheri

Replies

• Akahime
    Akahime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating and Cooking Light are 2 great magazines that have healthy, and often budget friendly recipes. The website for Cooking Light even lets you save recipes, make a meal plan and then print a grocery list. You can sign up for free online. When you do get some time read some of the articles and you will learn a lot. Educating yourself on proper nutrition then slowly working it into your normal eating habits is the best way I have found to eat healthy.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was in your position a few months ago and still kinda am i guess ,, i think its sort of a step by step process, it sounds simple just buy healthy stuff and not unhealthy stuff but for some reason its just so much more complicated

what i have done so far is to search the net for recipes that have the nuritional info and look for meals with cals that fit into my diet then i pick a few i will try throughout the week i still dont get to make super healthy meals each day but its a start and i now have a few fav low cal recipes that have become incorparted into our diet i have also made allot that we just didnt like it really is a trial by taste

another is ive found ways to still incorparate the things i love like wine and cheese without blowing my cal budget this helps me feel motivated and excited to try out the healthier options on all the other days and not feel cheated out of life

the most important facor is time this all takes time to learn allow yourself some mistakes to allow yourself to learn and read everything really get to know whats in shopping basket i read the back of pretty much everything i buy it helps when comparing what to buy later on hope some of that ramble helped
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Plan, plan, and plan again. This is what has really helped me. I plan all my meals a week ahead and do my shopping and prep on one of my days off. I like to prepare things like baked sweet potatoes, the cooked oatmeal I eat every morning, and other things that can be made ahead of time so I don't have to worry about it later in the week when I'm "starving" after work and am tempted to grab something quick and easy (which is usually not as healthy).

Also, it may be a bit boring, but when it comes to what I eat for breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack I don't change it up much which makes it a lot easier for me to stay on track since I pretty much put the same thing into my lunch cooler each day.

Just start by making small changes a little at a time and you will eventually change your lifestyle to be more fit and healthy and with a lifestyle change you will be able to achieve and maintain your weight loss goals and not just yo-yo.

Good luck! :)