Hi!
Has anyone tried these?
What are they like?

I'm considering trying some but I have to order them off the internet :(

xxxx

Replies

• 623Hernandez
    Options
    I tried miracle noodles. I bought them on line. They were ok but smelled funny, had a funny texture, and no taste. I like the tofu noodles I found in the produce section.

Miracle noodles:
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 3 oz
    Servings Per Container: 2.3
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 0
    Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Protein 0g 0%
    Protein <1g 0%
    Sugar 0g 0%
    Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
    Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index
    Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.
    No soy, gluten, or wheat!

House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles:
    Serving Size: 113g / 4.0oz
    Servings Per Container: 2
    Amount Per Serving %DV*
    Calories 20
    Fat Calories 5
    Total Fat 0.5g 1%
    Sat. Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 15mg 1%
    Total Carb. 3g 1%
    Fiber 2g 9%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 1g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 2%
    Calcium 10%
    Iron 2%
    *Daily Value Not Established.
    †Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Other Ingredients: Water, Tofu (Water, Soybeans, Calcium Sulfate, Glucono Delta Lactone), Yam Flour, Calcium Hydroxide.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've tried the version made with tofu. They were pretty good. The whole bag was only 40 calories. I bought them @ a local health food store. They have a fishy smell when you first open them, but after a proper washing it goes away. They have a somewhat chewy texture, but not too bad in recipes.
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been eating them for years. They do smell funny but have barely any flavor themselves. I thought that the texture was fine. Like any new food it may take some getting used to. I used them mainly as a spaghetti substitute with other ingredients such as sauce or veggie medley. Good for you for trying something new! I hope you find them useful.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    "Miracle Noodle" is just a marketing gimmick. If you have a local Asian market, they should have shirataki noodles. Also stores like Whole Foods and even your regional grocery chain may have them as well: look with the tofu/vegetarian items. You definitely want to rinse them and cook in hot water for a couple of minutes, prior to eating them. A lot of people have issue with their texture.

There are several types though and IMO the yam noodles are best. I have only found that type at Asian markets. Like tofu, they have no real flavor of their own, and take on the flavor of whatever you are cooking them in. I like them best in Asian dishes.
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Brilliant!
    Thanks for your help everyone :D
    xx