No Excuses Challenge: November!

Hi everyone! I've been on MFP for a while and am now taking the lead in helping others, cuz it's the only way I can apparently help myself :)

I am starting a 30 day challenge for all fitness levels and goal types. Come join the fun!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/375883-spartans-no-excuses-november-sign-up-thread

Replies

• thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 239 Member
    Hi there!

I'm 21, 5'6"
    I'm not that active at the minute, I like gentle exercises (walking, calisthenics etc.)
    I'm 100% up for this challenge, and for supporting all others! Bring it on!

:flowerforyou:
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    I'm in!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Thrilled to have you guys!!
  • surveying
    surveying Posts: 25 Member
    Hi, can I join please.

I am 5ft 8inch and have only been doing this calorie counting for just over a week and in my first week i lost 2lb, not a lot but it all adds up.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Hi

What do you have to do, for the challenge? Sorry, I am quite new and don't really know how these things work. Is it just a way to see who can lose the most, for the month?

Thx
  • sava624
    sava624 Posts: 19 Member
    two lb a week is great....thats my plan for steady loss...with MFP since june but changed eating 4 years ago and 2lb a week and someweeks less has added up to 8st and 8lb and am still as enthusiastic.....so baby steps get you there too. good luck
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm in. This could be the kick I need!
    I will think about my specific goal and post in later!
    Kay
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    I need a boost and encouragement, so I am in.
  • kateland
    Hi

What do you have to do, for the challenge? Sorry, I am quite new and don't really know how these things work. Is it just a way to see who can lose the most, for the month?

Thx
    Hi there! The challenge is a place where you commit to either losing weight or being consistent about something else - exercise, clean eating, or even setting a goal to be able to run for 30 minutes straight. The goal is not to see who beats everyone else, but who was able to meet the goal they set for themselves. I want to lose 10 lbs and walk my dogs 40 minutes daily, so that's my challenge.

It's all self monitored, and the weekly check ins are an honor system. Simply put, we're an encouragement community.

This challenge is for 30 days. What can YOU accomplish in thirty days? :)

I'm thrilled to see the interest - please head over to the thread and sign up before October 30th (Monday). We start Tuesday!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    I'm in. I am newly back to MFP and need to get my tail in gear. My 30 day goal is to run a 5k. I used to run them a few times a week but a back injury and weight gain put a stop to that. I am now better and ready to re-start my marathon training. I can't think of a better way then to have the support of a challenge group. Good luck to all.
    BRENDA
  • Hi, this is my first post, i will start my diet on november 1. I am 5'1 in height and weigh 114 pounds..I want to lose 5 kg more..Wish me luck.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Hi there! The challenge is a place where you commit to either losing weight or being consistent about something else - exercise, clean eating, or even setting a goal to be able to run for 30 minutes straight. The goal is not to see who beats everyone else, but who was able to meet the goal they set for themselves. I want to lose 10 lbs and walk my dogs 40 minutes daily, so that's my challenge.

It's all self monitored, and the weekly check ins are an honor system. Simply put, we're an encouragement community.

This challenge is for 30 days. What can YOU accomplish in thirty days? :)

I'm thrilled to see the interest - please head over to the thread and sign up before October 30th (Monday). We start Tuesday!

Hi

Thx for explaining it. I will give it a shot! My challenge will be to continue to eat a lot more healthily for the whole month, to go to the gym I have just signed up for (induction is tonight) at least 3 times a week and to lose 14lbs :)
  • kateland
    Aaaaand Monday is October 31. Silly me.

Great stuff, Ant and Brenda! See you on the threads!
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    I need this! I'm on board.

SW 215
    CW 178
    GW 160

3265881.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ok let me know what we need to do, I love the spirit of your message!
    LD
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 433 Member
    Hi everyone! I am in for this challenge also...my challenge is to lose 10lbs in November and to start toning..since I am have so much weight to lose.
  • I'm so in!!!!!!
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    I'm In. Sounds great - Wishing all success on achieving their goals.