STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 5

Options

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

I would love to workout in the mornings, but there is not a Zumba class offered before I have to work, so I workout in the evenings. It is sometimes hard for me to sleep at night because my adrenaline is through the roof. (Aside from tonight... I am exhausted!)

Monday October 24, 2011 Mini-Challenge - Complete! 21 glasses (168 oz.) of water today!
  • MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    UPDATED TEAM LIST & QOTD/MINI-CHALLENGE

6276837922_db20da94e4_b.jpg
    Team by starsnyc21, on Flickr
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

When I work out in the morning it does make the difference. First it doesn't give me the opportunity to make excuse and two it puts me in a good mood all day.

Mini-challenge I've down 48 oz today. I'm short of the goal but I tried:smile:
  • luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I would love to work out in the mornings before my daughter is up. The house is quiet and I am uninterupted, but I have the hardest time gettting up and working out. When I lost my weight before, I would work out after work and dedicate a long time to it. I had no children so it was easier. When I work out in the mornings it sets a precedence for the whole day. I feel energized and have the endorphins rushing through me. I also feel more compelled to stay on track with my eating.

I didn't do so well in the mini water challenge because I didn't read this until bedtime :( But I'll do it tomorrow!!
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    congratualtions to everyone!!! keep it up! i cant believe our combined loss though - it fantastic!
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!! Everybody is doing such a great job! I am so thankful that I found this challenge. You ladies ROCK!!

My favorite time of the day to work out is usually mid morning. If I workout in the morning I feel so much better all day and it also helps me make better food choices. I find if I don't go in the morning then I will end up making excuses not to go later.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oops I forgot to include my mini challenge for Monday.

I only had 48 ounces of water. I didn't quite make it. :(
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone in you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

Everyday I find people on MFP that have inspirational stories of weight loss. I know 5 people who are my friends that have lose 60+ lbs. I think I'm most inspired by young people who find the strength to lose large sums of weight. For example Courtney on the biggest loser lost over 200lbs. I thought it was amazing that she was a teenager and found the strength to change her life and her future. She was wise beyond her years.

My mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches.
  • starsnyc21
    Options

I would love to workout in the mornings, but there is not a Zumba class offered before I have to work, so I workout in the evenings. It is sometimes hard for me to sleep at night because my adrenaline is through the roof. (Aside from tonight... I am exhausted!)

Monday October 24, 2011 Mini-Challenge - Complete! 21 glasses (168 oz.) of water today!

Wow - 168oz of water is awesome!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone in you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches.
    A friend of mine. She has not had a weight problem since I have known her but she did have an eating disorder amd is now dealing with it. She eats extremely clean and feeds her kids the same stuff so they don't have the same issues. And she is a workout "Wonder Woman".
    Crunches done AND my abs hurt!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the question for the day! I think that the person who was up is in the UK, so completely different time zone than us in the states. :)

I drank 128 oz of water yesterday! - Challenge complete

Hmmm..... good question. I don't know that I actually have someone inspiring me. I am pretty selfish I guess, because I am just focusing on myself and the way that I feel about me. I would love to look like an actress with perfectly chiselled muscles and a flat toned stomach, but if I make that my goal, I am sure to fail. They have trainers and tons of time to devote to this journey, I have limited resources and time. So, I just focus on the way that I used to look when I was at my lowest weight in college, and that is what is keeping me going. I am so close to that weight now, and I just want to get there.

Challenge for today accepted!! I will probably do much more than 100 crunches (it is a stomach day) so I will definitely get this challenge done!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches

I have been inspired by all of the people on mfp that have reached their goals but also those that are half way or a quarter of the way to their goals. Some of my greatest inspirations are the people kind enough to have friended me and that log in every day to motivate others and share their journey.

100 crunches on the way! Yes...... mini-challenges ARE good. I probably wouldn't do them this late were it not for the challenge. Thanks stars for another great idea.
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

I haven't loved the Biggest Loser for a while, but I did watch part of last season's and Hannah and Olivia really inspired me. One of my best friends sees me for who I am and pushes me. It's been her support unconditionally to help me through some really rough spots. My hubs is A-MAZING, and he does all he can to support me but he's never struggled with weight stuff so he's just a really good cheerleader.

My mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches - DONE!!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    12 glasses of water yesterday!!!!!

I guess i should first state the obvious... every woman i see that is the size i want to be inspires me to lose weight. In all seriousness, though, I do have a friend that lost 100 pounds in a year. She is an incredible inspiration to me. I have come across a few people that have this, but this lady did it without surgery, without fad dieting, and without the help of a personal trainer/dietician (not that ANY of these things are particularly bad other than the fad diets :). She was tired of what she was living and decided to make a change. She is a true inspiration!

100 crunches today...done :)
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I like to workout in the evening. I seem to have more energy after work. I am not a morning person.

Only 8 glasses done.

No there is no one person that I can think of that inspires me. I am trying to stay focused. I would have to say my co-workers, family and friends are my inspirations.

100 crunches done
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Tue 10/25/11 04:19 PMTuesday QOTD - Is there anyone in you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?
    All of my friends insoire me to lose weight. I want to show tem that if I can do it, they can too.
    About to do my 100 crunches wile watching biggest loser.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options

i honestly cant think of any one - i love reading all the succcess stories on here it is really motivating!!
  • ChatSournois
    Options
    Good morning to you all and a big congratulations to everyone who lost weight last week (especially Shydaisi!!). I'm so sorry that I missed the QOTD yesterday. I wasn't well last week and completely fell out of the habit of replying to it. So I'm back on track today and I'm going to catch up on both QOTD and the mini-challenges..10 glasses of water and 100 crunches are on the agenda today, yikes.

I had been working out every morning Mon-Fri, after I dropped my little fella in to playschool. It helped me to get it done and dusted because it's hard to do it when he's here..he tries to trip me up, lol. I think if I do it early, it also helps me plan my meals a bit better for the rest of the day.

My friend Antonia has a very similar personality to me and she has got herself down to 10 stone by eating healthy. She took up running and has ran in a few races now. She looks fabulous and has lots of energy..and she still treats herself now and then. I think this is great and if she can do it, so can I!. Plus I agree with mummy2steven, I love the successs stories on here.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

A whole lotta people on here inspire me! You are all so amazing and if it wasn't for the people on this website and in this challenge I would NOT be doing as well as I am today!

I did my 100 crunches this morning because I didn't see this before I went to bed last night.
  • tessacope2
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone that you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

I'm a huge fan of the biggest loser. I love to see their body transformations, but I really love their mental transformations. Did anyone watch last night? One of the red team contestants didn't think that he could run faster than 7.0 on the treadmill. Bob kept pushing the speed up for each circuit, and he ran at like 9.0. You could see the mental determination he had to complete the task. I can relate to this scenario because I don't always push myself to the limit because I've mentally told myself that I can't run faster, longer, etc. You can do anything if you believe in yourself. I'm trying my best to believe...it's a journey...