The 10 Worst “Healthy” Foods in America

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
Many popular restaurants willfully exploit the health halo, leading us to order healthy sounding dishes that pack insane amounts of calories, saturated fat, and sodium. Want proof? The following are ten wannabe health foods that are worse for you than, say, a 930-calorie Wendy’s Double Baconator!

http://bit.ly/us8rxT

or

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/10-worst-healthy-foods-america?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-713606-_-10262011-_-body

Replies

• Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, this just goes to justify why I don't eat these 'healthy' foods X-D. I noticed all the buns/rolls, fries and cheese in the pictures. While I'll justify small amounts of cheese, the other two are on my 'no' list until my goal is reached.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I love those eat this not that lists... they are amazingly helpful :D
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    wow...a couple of surprises in there too! Thanks for sharing!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    maybe its just for people who dont really know much about what's healthy and what's not, but seriously the only thing on there that *looked* healthy was the cheesecake factory salad. other than that, DUH.
  • didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love those eat this not that lists... they are amazingly helpful :D

Yes, they are helpful--- but take note that while many of the options had much improved calorie/fat content, the sodium was still close to and often above 1gm (1000mg). Since the recommended daily sodium is 2500mg-- it supports that eating out is not a diet/health friendly option. :ohwell:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    maybe its just for people who dont really know much about what's healthy and what's not, but seriously the only thing on there that *looked* healthy was the cheesecake factory salad. other than that, DUH.

I couldn't agree more. I never believe it when fast food companies have "healthy" options, they'll still be loaded with things you shouldn't be eating.