Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder

Options
Is it ok to drink Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder , for breakfast if I didnt workout that morning?
I have been meaning to get up and workout in the a.m., but the mornings arent my friend this week and it is what I planned for my breakfast.
Thanks

Replies

• megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been taking that exact protein every morning and rarely will get up and work out. I saw on the doctors a week or two they had an author on who said that if you get 30g of protein first thing in the morning it can greatly increase the rate at which you lose weight. I had a protein shake each morning last week and lost 3.5 lbs. Normally I'm closer to a pound. I really did not increase my activity level and my food was about the same as well. It gets my protein started first thing in the morning.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    My husband lost 40lbs drinking these shakes 2x a day and then eating a healthy dinner. It was reccomended to him by his doctor. HTH!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Is that enough of a breakfast for you? I use that protein before my workout, but would not be satisfied with it as my breakfast.

Have you tried the Cookies an Cream one? With Almond milk it tastes like a milkshake!
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was always hungry by 9 a.m. AFTER eating breakfast, I read if I ate ate more protein it would keep me full longer. IT HAS! And less calories and I dont get hungry until around 11:45. My lunch break is at noon, so it works perfect for me.
    Thanks for your input :)
  • amandae79
    Options
    Have you tried the Cookies an Cream one? With Almond milk it tastes like a milkshake!
    [/quote]

I am gonna have try that! Sounds yummy!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I was told by a nutrition coach and personal trainer to drink protein shakes on rest days as well as workout days. I started doing it and it broke my plateau.
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will have the shake, some fruit, and either cereal or toast and it tides me over until about 1 in the afternoon. I eat breakfast around 7:20 in the morning. If I just had the shake that would not be enough to tide me over. If I do get peckish before lunch between 1 or 2 for me, I have low fat string cheese or fat free yogurt to snack on.
  • amandae79
    Options
    The past 3 days, I have had a shake around 745ish and then when I get hungry I have been eating a lowfat yogurt. Then eating a regular lunch and supper. Oh and I have been drinking atleast 32 oz of water between breakfast and lunch.
    I dont mind the taste of these shakes, but I do put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before drinking it. I love it ICE COLD! :)
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    The past 3 days, I have had a shake around 745ish and then when I get hungry I have been eating a lowfat yogurt. Then eating a regular lunch and supper. Oh and I have been drinking atleast 32 oz of water between breakfast and lunch.
    I dont mind the taste of these shakes, but I do put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before drinking it. I love it ICE COLD! :)

I do prefer them cold myself...

Have you tired Greek Yogurt? I find it much more filling then the lowfat yogurt I used to eat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'd wait for the turbo ignited formulation. j/k
    Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    To answer the original question, yes it is ok to have a protein shake or two or three even if you're not going to work out. Your body needs protein every day. Your body is constantly working to maintain the tissues in your body and maintaining muscle in particular requires protein. Following a strength training workout, the common "wisdom" is that your body can spend up to 48 hours recovering and so during this process proper protein intake is very important. Ultimately, if you did some how take in an excess of protein, your liver would manage that for you anyway (barring you having some medical condition with your liver). So if having the shake in the morning is working for you, I say keep at it.
  • amandae79
    Options
    Have you tired Greek Yogurt? I find it much more filling then the lowfat yogurt I used to eat.
    [/quote]

I did try it once, it tasted like sour cream. I love sour cream, but not plain lol. What brand is a good brand to try.
    I tried a kind that some random woman at Target suggest....i didnt like it, but would love to try it again.
  • amandae79
    Options
    To answer the original question, yes it is ok to have a protein shake or two or three even if you're not going to work out. Your body needs protein every day. Your body is constantly working to maintain the tissues in your body and maintaining muscle in particular requires protein. Following a strength training workout, the common "wisdom" is that your body can spend up to 48 hours recovering and so during this process proper protein intake is very important. Ultimately, if you did some how take in an excess of protein, your liver would manage that for you anyway (barring you having some medical condition with your liver). So if having the shake in the morning is working for you, I say keep at it.

Thanks!! :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

I did try it once, it tasted like sour cream. I love sour cream, but not plain lol. What brand is a good brand to try.
    I tried a kind that some random woman at Target suggest....i didnt like it, but would love to try it again.
    [/quote]
    Same for me tasted gross and too thick for me tried it 2 times just.not for me
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

[/quote]

I like the Chobani.. the Strawberry is really good, the Black Cherry tastes like candy. My personal favorite is the honey flavor.. it lets the bitterness of the yogurt stand out with just the touch of sweetness.
  • amandae79
    Options
    I like the Chobani.. the Strawberry is really good, the Black Cherry tastes like candy. My personal favorite is the honey flavor.. it lets the bitterness of the yogurt stand out with just the touch of sweetness.
    [/quote]

I am going to have to look for it. I live in a small town in Nebraska, our main grocery store is walmart. I hope they carry that kind! I love honey!!!