What were the hardest things to cut back on?

Options

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    5 guys and fries.
    chocolate
    chips
    cake
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't know who said this but..."Nothing tastes as good as skinney feels!" You have to want it really, really bad! MFP is the best site I've found! It works! The hardest thing for me was portion controll. Jen:flowerforyou:
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    I just think of my calories as my daily currency. If i want to spend 450 cals on that dessert, i can, but then i have to think that's 450 less i'll have later on, so is it really worth it? It makes things much easier to bear if i think of it like that. :)

I SO agree with this too!
  • Glam0809
    Options
    Wine, beer, mixed cocktails, any kind of alcoholic beverage...you name it.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just think of my calories as my daily currency. If i want to spend 450 cals on that dessert, i can, but then i have to think that's 450 less i'll have later on, so is it really worth it? It makes things much easier to bear if i think of it like that. :)

I SO agree with this too!

Me too!

That being said, honestly, I've had an odd craving for ketchup chips over the last few weeks,and I can't seem to put them away once they're open! I need to get some individual sized ones or maybe rice chips with ketchup flavours... sigh.
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Mindless candy or popcorn eating at the movies. I also believe in everything in moderation but I honestly don't see any reason to justify eating during a movie. (and I don't want to snack on carrots or celery, lol)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Chips and drinks (alcohol)! Empty calories!!!!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is probably my worst. I still sneak some into my daily calories (I'm still a sucker for chocolate milk, and I get some protein too.) but some days that just doesn't cut it.

Ice cream is a high second offender. (And of course my husband likes keeping it around or I would just not buy it)

The fried / processed foods I don't crave as much. Occasionally I crave soda, but rarely (compared to chocoalte and ice cream, haha.) Also the sugary coffee drinks have been my downfall in the past, but I've realized I'm just as happy drinking normal coffee with a little cream. about 2% of the calories, so w00t.

I think it helps I grew up eating fairly clean, so while I still like fast food occasionally, I always knew the difference in how it made me feel, and I associate that with it. If something makes me feel like I have lead in my stomach after I eat it I'm not as likely to go back for more.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Definitely alcohol

Sugary snacks: Milk Dud, Hot Tamales and Sour Patch Kids

Fried chicken, fried fish, french fries....are you catching the pattern here? :laugh:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A gorgeous glass of crisp white wine and cheese and crackers....I cant stop at one, so I have to give it up and only have it rarely, plus it hinders my weightloss
  • FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Portion sizes for me. I love good, homemade food. What helped me was reading the book Mindless Eating which talks about ways to engineer your environment to work with your healthy lifestyle (using smaller plates, etc). I'm currently rereading it because I kind of fell off the wagon (didn't gain, just stopped losing because I'm not tracking well and eating more than I should).
  • BossyButterfly
    Options
    Anything sweet with lots of fat: chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cake, wine, sweet coffee, plus rice and chips
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Chocolate :)
  • FutureMrsMcFarlane
    Options
    I never realized just how much i love deep fried food....i can deal with the no sweets but don't take away my deep fryer!!! hahaha
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my chai tea lattes which I stopped drinking after discoving how much sugar they had! as well as other fancy Starbucks-type drinks. Now I'd rather eat my calories than drink them, that's how I justify it. Also, just grabbing whatever I feel like, whenever and not worrying about the calorie/fat/sodium/sugar content! or when my hubby and I are watching a movie and he's eating Nibs, chocolate, popcorn, etc. right beside me and I'm snacking on an apple. That's hard.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Instead of sweet soda drinks try flavoured water?.. I use Volvic Lemon and Lime when I got my monthlies and get sweet cravings.. its still water and lower cals than coke but is sweeter than plain water.

Chocolate - have you tried choc chip snack-a-jacks? . very chocolatey flavour for less calories!! .. or drinking chocolate? (the caramel snack-a-jacks taste and smell similar to Toffee popcorn too)

Try sweeter veg to snack on.. like carrot snacks with a hummus dip instead of chocolate and sweets.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Going into this journey, I thought alcohol would be hard to cut back on. It has been way easier than I imagined. If I don't have any calories for a glass of wine, I don't have it.

I'm sure my liver thanks me as well. ;-)
  • saldanap1
    saldanap1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BREAD!!!!