back on the wagon

Options
pdandy
pdandy Posts: 38 Member
Im a yoyo dieter who has tried everything. I know that proper eating habits and excersize is the only way that im going to succeed! I am down about 13 lbs now with about..... 70 to go. OMG that is alot of weight to lose! I have changed how i eat, with the acception of a cheat day every week... im still not sure how thats going to affect me in the long run. and I have been increasing y activity by 100%. I feel better, i have more energy, its been about 3 weeks since i started. the complete 13 lbs i did over a period of about 2 months... i finally have some good motivation back and am hoping to find same minded people here!!

Replies

• candlelady1
    candlelady1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I too am a yoyo dieter and have just come back from months off. Excuses of deaths in family to busy, but I have just been plain lazy. When I stepped on the scale this morning I thought I was going to die. So I am going to try this again and plan on sucess this time. So anyone out in my shoes please friend me. I need all the help and support I can get.
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    way to go on your weight loss already. I know it is hard and trust me I know. I went from 324 to 264 then back up to 312 now back on the "Final decend" to my goal of 224. yep thats right 100 pounds. I am here if you need a friend. good luck and YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • Tracers20010
    Options
    Good Job!! I am lacking motivation lately and really really hope I find it soon!!
    I try to take every week and prepare for it and set mini goals to achieve and in the long run my 52 pounds will start coming off!!
  • pdandy
    Options
    Im so glad to see that im not alone... its been tough, every few days i get craving for the bad stuff... and yes i do give in once in awhile.... its not great for my progress but i am at the 15 lb mark as of friday. Its going to be a struggle to keep going, but every time I mess up I try to pick up where i left off, Im glad that all the crap food that I try to eat makes me sick to my stomach now lol, it makes me remember why i quit eating it all!!!
  • janismur
    Options
    I had about 70 lbs to lose and I have lost 45. Hang in there. I have accepted that "slow and steady wins the race" and you can treat yourself on occasion. In fact you have to treat your self here and there.
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Success is success, Even if it takes several attempts to reach a goal. I have tried bootcamps, all sorts of diets, etc, and finally see it's about changing my lifestyle .......very simply, I have to burn more calories than I take in. You can do it, stay focused,.....
  • pdandy
    Options
    Im not sure about burning more calories than im taking in... i would spend more time in the gym than i can afford to spend there.... i do admit that the calorie count is sooo helpful!!!
  • pdandy
    Options
    Im not sure about burning more calories than im taking in... i would spend more time in the gym than i can afford to spend there.... i do admit that the calorie count is sooo helpful!!!
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am also a yo yo dieter. I'm trying to remember that moderation is the key, not deprivation.
  • pdandy
    Options
    sometimes i get scared to do the moderation thing. I get worried that i cant just take that little bit and stop there... Its happened in the past, but im learning to retrain myself to allow just that little bit so i dont fall hard in the long run