Looking for a good Lunch Meal

Options
I need some recipes for lunchs like a wrap or something

Replies

• SunkenMeadow
    Options
    I'm boring, but I like lettuce wraps. I get some good boarshead turkey or chicken (the lowest fat/sodium options) and put them in with some salsa and when I m feeling crazy or have extra calories some cheese. I usually use Boston lettuce or Romaina. I have done thsi with tuna, chicken & egg salad too. Its really yummy.
  • jenmcdav
    Options
    i make a lot of wraps for lunch. i usually just put some grilled chicken breast strips, baby spinach leaves and fresh red pepper strips in mine with 1Tbs of fat free ranch dressing. it's fast and easy and not too many calories. it kind of kills me that the tortilla has more calories than EVERYTHING that is inside it, but, it'st still good for you.
  • drifternz
    drifternz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey cool, I will try that for one of my lunches, sound quite nice.....cheers
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump-i am always looking for new ideas also.
  • degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is a Peruvian thing called Cole Saltado.

1 serving slice raw steak (I use 5oz)
    1Roma tomato cousely chopped
    1/2 cup thinly sliced onion (I use red)
    1 cup juliened cabbage
    Soy sauce to taste.
    Fresh Lime juice.
    CIlantro (garnish)
    Brown onion and add steak. Brown steak.Add tomatoes, soy sauce and cabbage.Continue to stir-fry until done. Garnish with a little cilantro. May serve with 1c rice if you need a larger meal or turn it into a dinner entre'.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I like easy lunches too. I will usually make them the night before.
    Mine usually consists of either a can of solid white albacore tuna, a chicken breast or some lean turkey meat.

I try to stay away from flour and corn so wraps are out for me. Too many cals and carbs in them anyway.

i will make a salad to go with it, or sometimes brown rice or sweet potato.
    *A neat trick for dressing is to put it in the corner of a zip-lock baggie and then squirt it out like a frosting thingy by biting a hole in the corner when you are ready to eat it. No mess ;)

Easy to pack in those sanwich containers.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been having rice cakes (cracked black pepper flavour) with low low cheese spread and a slice of ham. Really filling and reminds me of a cheese and ham toastie! Well, the closest I'll ever get to one with such low cals! lol
  • peasbeaz
    peasbeaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love to eat Healthy Harvest, low sodium soups. I eat the whole can, but it's only 180 cals. It's very filling, and it helps to have low sodium options.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    yum. I am ready for lunch now...and ready to try some of this soon!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Just a thought-I make extras each night for dinner and then have it for lunch the next day.
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I like Jamie Eason's ground turkey muffins. They're super easy and can be made in advance. I do a bulk cooking day once a week and make two dozen of these, and I can freeze the ones I won't be eating right away and take out later for lunches along with some veggies :smile:

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
    3 egg whites
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp dried thyme
    2 tsp dry yellow mustard
    2 tsp black pepper
    2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
    1 tsp salt
    2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
    1 small onion (finely chopped)
    2 celery stalks (finely chopped)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.

Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.

Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.

Bake for 40 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.

Serving Size:
    Women: 2 muffins
    Men: 4 muffins
  • nobo
    nobo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Soups. If you can set aside a few hours on a weekend or something, make two or three different soups. Freeze them in individual servings, and then you've got a few weeks worth of lunches for later that month or later that week.

If you find a cookbook with a lot of good soup recipes, buy it - especially if it includes a breakdown of the nutrition information. I can't say enough good things about the "Mooswood Restaurant Daily Special" cookbook. So many different recipes for soups, salads, and side dishes. If you find that one, I'm sure you'll get some ideas for what to put in wraps, too.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump - I am always looking for new ideas!
  • dalesimpson1
    dalesimpson1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today:

1 can of solid white tuna with 1 tablespoon of Miracle Whip
    2 slices of Healthy Life wheat bread
    6 ounces of 4% large curd cottage cheese.

430 calories and I am STUFFED.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    make enough dinner so you have leftovers........

On a weekend make a big batch of soup and have already in individual containers and just grab n go :)

I also keep a few 'frozen' meals just in case I don't have anything readily available. Better than hittin mcdonalds
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • stanchfielda
    Options
    I like Jamie Eason's ground turkey muffins. They're super easy and can be made in advance. I do a bulk cooking day once a week and make two dozen of these, and I can freeze the ones I won't be eating right away and take out later for lunches along with some veggies :smile:

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
    3 egg whites
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp dried thyme
    2 tsp dry yellow mustard
    2 tsp black pepper
    2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
    1 tsp salt
    2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
    1 small onion (finely chopped)
    2 celery stalks (finely chopped)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.

Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.

Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.

Bake for 40 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.

Serving Size:
    Women: 2 muffins
    Men: 4 muffins

These are wonderful!!! Definitely worth trying :-)
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    love wraps and sandwhiches!! i use la factory tortilla wraps (80-100 calories) and they are nice and large!! and i really like flat out flat breads for a wrap or a quickie pizza (90-100 calories). You can do any kinda veggie combo and guac is always a nice add to spice things up. ham and turkey are always yummy (i just suggest low sodium if that is something that is an issue for you) and excellent lunch choice in the colder months is soup! those little hand held ones are perfect for purse storage!
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump