STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 5

Options

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Crunch challenge completed yesterday with 390 (different types) of crunches completed!!!

QOTD Wednesday 10/26: Lets make this a fun one.... If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

This one is a tough one for me because my list is long. But, if I had to pick one place, it would be Greece. It looks absolutely beautiful there. But, with that being said, anywhere that I get to go is great. Switzerland was never on my list of places to go, but once I was there I found that it was amazing, and I am so happy that I got to see it!!!

Challenge for today: 100 jumping jacks
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone that you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

I am replying to this today because I had already signed off last night when it was posted.....sorry....I have been thinking on this and honestly I cant think of one certain person..??? Maybe that's sad, I dont know. I do love to watch stories like the Biggest Loser and Heavy.....I think many of them are amazing....but no one I can name....

I missed the crunch mini challenge... :( Does it still count if I do them today?? :)

Ok, and now for todays QOTD.....

QOTD Wednesday 10/26: Lets make this a fun one.... If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Hmm....this is tough too, but in a fun way, because there are LOTS of places I would love to go. I really love the warm sunshine so my first thought it of course somewhere tropical....but, I am going to say Paris. I love the french language...took many years of it in high school and college....missed out on my Senior year class trip....the school cancelled it due to some political mess that was going on at that time....Guess I've never gotten over that...I would love to go....just once!!!

Jumping jacks, huh....well.....here goes.....hold on.....lol....all done....100.......whooo hooo!!!! :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

My hubby is retired USAF and he went lotsof places that he said he would love to take me to so anywhere tropical will do! Warm and sunny

Jacks done! AND I did not die - close but not! :)
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

That's a tough one....anywhere I don't have to cook, clean, or do laundry! LOL Really though, Australia would be nice I think!!! Or Hawaii. I'd say Heaven but that's outta this world and I know I'll get there some day! Just hopefully not any time soon! :)

I will do my 100 jumping jacks when I get home; I'd kind of look funny doing them here in the office! People already think I'm nuts!

Great question by the way!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I love fun questions. This is a hard question for me because cannot narrow it down from my top 5 list of places to visit.

1) Africa - which includes Ghana, Egypt & Seychells.
    2) Greece - Every picture I see of this country and the water is beautiful
    3) Brazil - beautiful people and beaches, need I say more
    4) Mexico - Food, food and more food.
    5) France - I'm really just infatuated with the food and the architecture.

I will be working on my mini-challenges tonight:smile:
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    Crunch challenge completed yesterday with 390 (different types) of crunches completed!!!

This one is a tough one for me because my list is long. But, if I had to pick one place, it would be Greece. It looks absolutely beautiful there. But, with that being said, anywhere that I get to go is great. Switzerland was never on my list of places to go, but once I was there I found that it was amazing, and I am so happy that I got to see it!!!

Awesome job. 390 crunches.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone that you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

Actually there are a few folks who I admire because they changed their lifestyle to gain better health or feel better about themselves... Kelly Osborne, I think what her mom went through inspired her to make sure she didn't follow in her footsteps. Allison Sweeney (Biggest loser host) I remember watching her on Days of our lives so long ago and they used to give her such a hard time for being heavy (not by most of our standards, but by TV standards) Although she didn't have to lose a lot, she did take control and she looks great and healthy.

I have to post today on this, because when I checked it wasnt there. I did a bunch of ab work last night, so that will have to count for my cruches.....

It used to be Egypt and then My mom married an Egyptian and I saw a different view of that place. Not safe enough for me at this time. So I guess it would be Italy and France. My cousing lives in Switzerland, so this might happen sooner than later.

Challenge for today: 100 jumping jacks - This I can do!!!!
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone in you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

My mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches.

Whoops, didn't see this yesterday!

My MOM is my weight loss inspiration! At the beginning of my senior year of high school I was a size 5 and she was pretty much exactly where I am now (180's and in a size 14-16). We had family pictures taken just before school started in September. At my graduation party in June she was raiding MY closet! We had another set of family pictures done before I left for college the next summer, and the change was AMAZING. She doesn't even look like the same person in the two pictures! The best part is, she has completely maintained. I am at almost the exact same place she was at 6 years ago and I know that I can get back down to my old size, so we can start swapping clothes again!

Amsterdam, Denmark, Norway, etc. I think that part of Europe is gorgeous :)

I'll have to do yesterday's challenge along with today's!
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD - Is there anyone in you know personally or on TV that inspires you to lose weight?

mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches.

Sorry I am behind. I usually get on the computer early and when I do the QOTD isn't posted yet and then I never seem to make it back on later.

I do not have one particular person that inspires me, I usually read a lot of the inspiring stories on MFP and they inspire me. I know what it feels like to be thin and confident and I keep focusing on that feeling I used to have and I inspire myself to keep going.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

There are a lot of places I would love to go, so I am going to name just a few.

1. Figi
    2. Paris
    3. Greece
    4. Hawaii

I will posts my mini challenges a little bit later. :wink:
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

My mini-challenge of the day - 100 crunches.

Whoops, didn't see this yesterday!

My MOM is my weight loss inspiration! At the beginning of my senior year of high school I was a size 5 and she was pretty much exactly where I am now (180's and in a size 14-16). We had family pictures taken just before school started in September. At my graduation party in June she was raiding MY closet! We had another set of family pictures done before I left for college the next summer, and the change was AMAZING. She doesn't even look like the same person in the two pictures! The best part is, she has completely maintained. I am at almost the exact same place she was at 6 years ago and I know that I can get back down to my old size, so we can start swapping clothes again!

Amsterdam, Denmark, Norway, etc. I think that part of Europe is gorgeous :)

I'll have to do yesterday's challenge along with today's!

I have to say your Mom is my inspiration now and I don't even know the lady! WAY TO GO "MOM"!
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

I LOVE to travel! StarsNYC - GO TO FRANCE! It was amazing. The people are a little snooty until you show the smallest effort trying to speak French and they warm right on up. I loved it! I want to take a bike tour through France someday. I'll keep my list to 5...I have a REALLY long list ;)

1. Hiking Tour of Machu Picchu
    2. Mediterranean Cruise (All Med Countries)
    3. Barbados
    4. Thailand
    5. New Zealand

I'll post on my status once I complete the mini challenge tonight.
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    P.S. I have the best team mate - just so everyone knows how fabulous Clifford2010 is. She's a total sweetheart and SUPER encouraging and supportive.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

This is easy for me. I have been thinking about going to this place for a couple of years now and I am pretty certain if I don't get there one day it will be forever stuck in my brain.

Cap Juluca Resort
    Anguilla, Brittish West Indies

Mini-Challenge: 100 jacks/ 50 down/ 50 to go
  • ChatSournois
    Options

Ooh, I have always wanted to go to Japan. I'd love to go to Tokyo first and soak up the madness..It would be really amusing trying to find your way around without a word of Japanese. I'd love to taste all kinds of dishes and sample the nightlife. Then I'd love to take the train to Kyoto to see the temples and round off the trip with a stay in a ryokan in the countryside. And of course, I'd have to go to a Sumo match!

I got the 100 Crunches & 100 Jumping Jacks done..I just need to get the water in today and I've caught up..yippee!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Not really, I am doing it for me.

I would love to do a long European vacation - Never been to Europe so just do all the sight seeing and EATING!
  • tessacope2
    Options

Right now, I want someone to pay for me to go to Fitness Ridge for 2 weeks! But since that isn't going to happen, I'm going to dream about exotic places like Australia, Fiji and wine destinations like Italy!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options

1. ITALY
    2. Switzerland (because I have a friend who lives there)
    3. ITALY (lol)
    4. Spain
    5. England

AAAAND...almost done with the jumping jacks :) Did my 30 DS already today lol
  • MamaStrick
    Options

Europe. I'd love to spend a few weeks just touring!

I haven't done the mini challenge yet, but I will during baby's nap time. :)
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    P.S. I have the best team mate - just so everyone knows how fabulous Clifford2010 is. She's a total sweetheart and SUPER encouraging and supportive.

AWESOME:happy: