Any low cal breakfast ideas?

Options
I'm looking for a breakfast that is fast, easy, low cal and doesn't leave me starving an hour after I eat it. Any ideas?

Replies

• mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have Quaker Puffed Wheat cereal with skim milk and a hard boiled egg. The egg will help keep you from feeling hungry right away. It's also a good idea to plan on having a snack mid way between breakfast and lunch (I eat an orange most days). That way a small breakfast will be plenty to last until your next meal!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Many mornings I'll have a whole grain english muffin with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Keeps me full!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with pb
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1/4c. egg whites [I use the ones in the carton]
    1 slice FF cheddar
    Small whole wheat wrap

This is my breakfast every morning. Since it's high in protein, it keeps me full for the morning.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of different breakfasts, and the one that keeps me feeling satisfied longest is: egg whites scrambled with veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, spinach), in two corn tortillas with a little bit of guacamole. It's about 200 calories, and pretty satisfying.
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    I toast a bagel thin (3 minutes) and add 2 eggs scrambled and microwaved in a bowl the same size as the bagel (1 minute). I will also add turkey breast and reduced fat cheese. It only takes 5 minutes to make, 350 calories and 17 g of protein, and it tastes great!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Many mornings I'll have a whole grain english muffin with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Keeps me full!

^ I have this or I will have an egg white omelet with veggies and 1 slice of cheese.
  • misstonico
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder, a cup of fresh/frozen blueberries and a half a cup of nonfat milk. All together it's about 373 calories and it keeps me satisfied until lunch.
  • lailaicoop
    Options
    I''ve found a slice of wheat toast with a tbls of peanut butter, 1 hard boiled egg w/ half yolk and a cup of hot tea is pretty satisfing and filling totals less than 300 cal but hi in protien
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I put laughing cow cheese on my english muffins, it almost tastes like cream cheese.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I can't ever get up in enough time to sit and eat breakfast, so I make a shake the night before in my blender to drink in the morning (I drink it slow so I don't usually snack before lunch) 175 g of medium tofu, 1/2 cup of orange juice, and one banana. I throw in various fruit if I get bored of banana, and you can sub out the tofu for protein powder if you want. I like tofu because it makes my shake thick and it doesn't taste like protein powder. :) It ends up being around 300 cal, but 18g of protein, which will keep you full all morning!

Also, sometimes I sub the juice out for milk and add a scoop of instant coffee and a teaspoon of baking cocoa for a yummy mocha shake!
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1/2 cup Quaker Oats mixed with 1/2 cup Blue Diamond ALmond Milk, 2 TBSP craisins, and a chopped up banana. Altogether is about 315 Calories and holds me well until lunchtime! ANd is super yummy too!!!
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have 2 egg whites and a whole egg scrambled with pepper. A small green apple and sometimes half an oat bar. Keeps me full even tho i exercise in the morning ( i eat the eggs before exercise and the rest after) keeps me full till (with a yoghurt snack) till lunch. All this (including the yog) is under 400cal