Don't let it get you down!!! Please Read...

Options
2»

Replies

• candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you can't take constructive criticism, you'll never improve. It's not about hurting your feelings or being mean, it's about giving you information that may improve whatever it is you're doing.
    I'm a no nonsense trainer and will have some people ask me to train them and one of the things I ask is if they can take constructive criticism. If they say no, then I will refer them to another trainer. If you don't want to hear tips and advice on how to improve, then somehow you got this all figured out and shouldn't be here in the first place.

This. So much this.

Most of the time, in fact 99.9% of the time any criticism isn't aimed at the poster. It's aimed at the study/idea/research etc involved. If the poster chooses to take it as "rude" to them, well, that's up to them.

Wherever misinformation is stated as fact i will post to correct it. If you chose to ignore that correction, and go on believing what you want to believe, that's up to you. But i wont just "sit quietly and say nothing" if something is totally, proven to be wrong.

And you say that people like me take "perverse pleasure" in belittling others. I don't know you, and never have, and probably never will, so how can you generalise so many people like that? :huh:

I must have missed something. It looked like she was posting about people in general to me, not people specifically on MFP being negative/rude/whatever.
  • elizahbeth
    Options
    yep, me too, I thought we were all speaking in general terms!
  • elizahbeth
    Options
    Double post, oops!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Criticize: to express disapproval of or dissatisfaction with somebody or something
    Act of criticism: A spoken or written opinion or judgement of what is wrong or bad about somebody or somethig.

Learning to deal with constuctive criticism is a good thing and should be a learned life skill. Letting one persons opinion or judgement define who you are is a bad thing....you can take whatever constructive information comes from that, but discard the rest and you define who you are.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If you can't take constructive criticism, you'll never improve. It's not about hurting your feelings or being mean, it's about giving you information that may improve whatever it is you're doing.
    I'm a no nonsense trainer and will have some people ask me to train them and one of the things I ask is if they can take constructive criticism. If they say no, then I will refer them to another trainer. If you don't want to hear tips and advice on how to improve, then somehow you got this all figured out and shouldn't be here in the first place.

This. So much this.

Most of the time, in fact 99.9% of the time any criticism isn't aimed at the poster. It's aimed at the study/idea/research etc involved. If the poster chooses to take it as "rude" to them, well, that's up to them.

Wherever misinformation is stated as fact i will post to correct it. If you chose to ignore that correction, and go on believing what you want to believe, that's up to you. But i wont just "sit quietly and say nothing" if something is totally, proven to be wrong.

And you say that people like me take "perverse pleasure" in belittling others. I don't know you, and never have, and probably never will, so how can you generalise so many people like that? :huh:

This...."And you say that people like me take "perverse pleasure" in belittling others. I don't know you, and never have, and probably never will, so how can you generalise so many people like that?"

I don't know you So I never said this was for YOU... I am speaking in General and not to just MFP..
    For this is what I know help me back from the beginning of my Journey almost a year ago.. And I am just saying to use the Criticism in a Positive way instead of looking at it in a Negative Way.. :wink:
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    People who criticize are insecure with themselves so I just pity them and ignore them. I'm not talking about constructive criticism, that's different.