Help! I miss pizza!

Options

Replies

• iElliie
    iElliie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Basically what everyone has said. Just remwber to not overdo it with cheese, cheese isn't friendly. Making your own tomato or any other base sauce is the way to go. Classic isn't much good, keep in mind of how much sodium is in your ingredients. Its very easy.
    I have made weat thin crust personal pizza, a bit of cheese (low sodium). For the sauce I make Alfredo, my recipe is sacred, but you can search online. Chicken for protein, spinich, tomato and that's pretty much it.
    Its really delicious. Hope I could help
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I make pizzas at home on low carb. tortillas or on Flat Out bread. I like to use fat free ranch or light alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce. Mozzarella is surprisingly low cal. for a cheese.
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1 - Whole Wheat English Muffin (2 mini Pizza)

Top with:
    2 TBSP Ragu Pizza Sauce
    1 String Cheese Shredded
    3 Pepperoni Slices

Bake at 350 Degrees for 12 Minutes

TOTAL 230 Calories for BOTH mini Pizzas and its DELICIOUS!!! :blushing:

ok, i now love you! the one food i have missed since starting this addiction...its been a long time, too long...thank you!

We made these last night and BOY were they delicious!!!:blushing: :blushing:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    a large slice of cheese pizza is about 200 calories. WHY is this an issue? I also make pizzas on NAAN indian bread. Makes a good crust, and then use Trader Joes Roasted Garlic Marinara, fresh mozz, and fresh basil. YUM

Somebody had to ask this question. I mean all you need to do is count the calories, and try to eat some balanced meals most days of the week. If you're trying to eat like a monk, I can only imagine what life is like. Who said that a fitness guru cannot have a slice of pizza every now and again? I have a challenge for all you monk eaters--let's see who will be living a life of fitness five years from now? I'll still be here because I've learned how to balance diet, life, exercise, and family in order to live a healthy life. Think about it.
  • StacyStewart1977
    StacyStewart1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a trigger food for me BIG time. I love it and once I start it is over. I love some of the ideas that were posted. I also use english muffins. It is a great alternative and it is fast!

Good luck!!
  • susie6785
    susie6785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! The reason I dont' want to buy pizza from a place like Pizza Hut or something is because as of right now, I do not have the restraint to eat just ONE or two slices. I WILL eat like 4 or 5. The English muffin pizza recipe is great, thanks, I'll definitely be trying that! Skinnytaste.com and sparkpeople also are good suggestions and I will look into the Cauliflower pizza. Thank you so much everyone! Having a rough cravings day for sure!!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know how to screenshot or share recipes, so I settled for just copying and pasting.

Cals, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, sodium

Kontos - Pizza Parlor Crust With Olive Oli, 1 pizza crust (79 g) 230 37 5 8 0 370
    Ragu - Pizza Sauce Homemade Style, 1/4 cup (63g) 30 5 1 1 0 250
    Wegmans - Sliced Fresh Mushrooms, 3 oz 20 3 0 3 0 0
    Veg - Bell Peppers, Green, 1/4 Cup 5 1 0 0 0 1
    Sargento - 4 Cheese Italian Reduced Fat 2% Milk, 1/2 cup 160 2 9 16 30 440
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 445 48 15 28 30 1061
    Per Serving: 445 48 15 28 30 1061

Just cook the mushrooms and green peppers either in a pan or the microwave. Take the crust, spread the sauce, put on the mushrooms/peppers, then put on the cheese (to keep everything in). Stick that baby in the oven (I have a convection oven) for only a few minutes until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and VIOLA! :D The serving size is for the entire pizza! It is super yummy and I love it! <3
  • susie6785
    Options
    hahahah that's VERY true! I don't want to deprive myself, but I just can't order an entire pizza and have the restraint just yet. Working on it!
  • susie6785
    Options
    Sorry guys, the last one was supposed to be directed at someone, I'm not good at the posting stuff yet hahaha
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you buy frozen- go with Kashi! Roasted Veggie has 250 calories (thats for 1/3 of pizza!) and good fats. Very light yet filling.
  • rockblonde101
    Options
    similar to the english muffin ones, i take a whole wheat bagel spread it with pizza sauce (from a jar typically, havent learned to make it yet) then cover the top in low fat mozzarella and whichever toppings you like! then i pop mine in a toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes to toast the bagel and melt the cheese!

:D
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can fully understand your problem! I love pizza but trying to be on a low carb diet and pizza doesn't mix. I found the perfect solution! Cauliflower crust pizza. It might sound odd but it is so tasty and a brilliant replacement for pizza and it is almost carb free and low calorie!

Here is a link to the best recipe

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/543510-you-wont-believe-its-cauliflower-pizza-crust.html
  • branflake5
    Options
    looks like u have gotten tons of ideas but i am gonna give u mine too...

use Flatout Flat bread 100% whole wheat light original its only 90 cal and 2.5 grams fat

cook flatbread in oven at 350 for 4 min take it out and

add thin coat of pizza sauce (i use larosas because its delicious)

add any veggies u like, i make mine with fresh mushrooms, green peppers, tomatos and baby spinach

top with thin layer of motzarella cheese

bake for 4 more min

it is so good, i know what we're having for dinner tomorro:)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I like to get an individual, fairly low-cal frozen pizza. Like lean cuisine or digiorno or something. There are some decent options if you just want one now and then. I think the lean cuisine that I got last time was around 350 calories for the whole individual portion, I believe someone already said digiorno has some that are less. If you have a pre-portioned option like that, you can enjoy your craving without worrying that you might binge on an entire large delivery pizza or something. LOL. Portion control is key on the things that I love but know I have a problem eating too much of if I'm not careful. Cheesy, carb-y things like pizza and pasta are a potential weakness for me, so I'm diligent about my portions. Like if I make a big baked pasta, I calculate the calories for the whole dish while cooking and then immediately portion it out accordingly before I eat the first portion. That way I have a much more accurate picture of what I'm eating than I would if I just scooped it straight from the dish to my plate.

There are also some really really good options for making it yourself so you know what you're eating. I haven't tried the cauliflower pizza crust yet but it's on my to-do list. :-). I'm going to try the tortilla thing too - yesterday I made tostadas with salsa, black beans, and shredded cheese, they came out great so I'd imagine little tortilla pizzas would be great too!
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    low cal white pizza you can eat the whole thing and dont have to share plus save $$$ by making it at home! check it out

http://crazycookingcouple.blogspot.com/2011/10/wonderfully-white-pizza-this-blog-is.html
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for posting this! I have been feeking the same and love all the ideas posted!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Make a veggie loaded pizza on a tortilla/pita! This one was 331 calories and so good!

1-2.jpg
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Make a veggie loaded pizza on a tortilla/pita! This one was 331 calories and so good!

1-2.jpg

That looks amazing!!! :love:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just recently picked up some frozen pizza @ Costco for my hubby & ended up eating a few slices myself because it wasn't too bad on calories....
    Palermo's Thin Crust Margherita
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I can't eat pizza because of the gluten, so I started getting the Glutino brand gluten free frozen cheese pizzas, which are personal pizza size (they fit nicely on a standard dinner plate). They are super tasty, and only 310 calories. I LOVE them!!