So.. which healthy foods do you hate?

Options

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    i'll say it: i hate strawberries - seeds on the outside - gross!!!!!!!!

the texture makes me gag.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I hate onions. Only vegetable I can't stand. Raw is the worst. I have no problem with onion powder. It's not so much the flavor. It's a texture thing. I can handle them if they're super cooked, chopped small, and mixed with things to help mask them- like in chili or a stew or sauce... but that's about it.

I could have written this! I love the flavor of onions and the smell, but the texture is what gets me.

I also can't stand peppers.

And I don't really eat fruit either...I just don't like it.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I guess that is why I got fat...I cannot think of any food I do not like.

LOL!
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    Cottage cheese,bananas, most yogurts, kidney beans, avocados, peaches, salmon, and rice milk!
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Green beans. I never will like them. My grandpa used to eat mine whenever he was over and we had them. My parents didn't find out until a couple years ago.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    asparagus, cauliflower, beans, celery, yams & sweet potatoes, cabbage & meat wise, I dont like fish (the only fish I semi-like it tiliapia)

i can't stand the taste of any of those.

I can't eat tilapia after seeing the Dirty Jobs episode on how they're farmed. Tilapia are put in the tanks with carp on carp farms (carp are already bottom feeders), and the tilapia are there to eat the carp poop. Then they're shipped off to grocery stores. Yummy.
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    Cantaloupe....ewwwww I've never been able to stand it!

I forgot to add this in my post.. can't stand it either - or honeydew for that matter!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    kale (blech!), and collard greens
    I'm also NOT a melon person. Don't like cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon. Yeah, melons are out...
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Fish!! Except for shellfish

Ooo. Me too. Including shellfish though.
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    asparagus, cauliflower, beans, celery, yams & sweet potatoes, cabbage & meat wise, I dont like fish (the only fish I semi-like it tiliapia)

I can't eat tilapia after seeing the Dirty Jobs episode on how they're farmed. Tilapia are put in the tanks with carp on carp farms (carp are already bottom feeders), and the tilapia are there to eat the carp poop. Then they're shipped off to grocery stores. Yummy.

I guess that's something I am never eating again lol
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    kale
  • xtinajoc
    xtinajoc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    radishes, aparages, cucumbers, plums, raisens, um i am sure there are more lol
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    oh and my personal motto "Fish are friends, not food!" I hate fish!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Oookay so this is why SO's dad refuses to eat tilapia! They used have a farm back in his home
    country. He always said "they're dirty fish!"

As for me I don't likee red and yellow bell peppers. Don't really care for raw celery.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Carrots.... raw... cooked... roasted.. in soup... in chinese food.... HATE THEM, will sit and pick them out of anything I see them in.

Love oranges... HATE OJ

I used to hate broccoli... now I only like it roasted with olive oil (or bacon grease)... that's the only way I'll eat it. :laugh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    kale (blech!), and collard greens
    I'm also NOT a melon person. Don't like cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon. Yeah, melons are out...

HA!! So you probably threw up a little at my BBQ side dish suggestion for your ox tails! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry! (but I'll take your greens any day)
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I guess that's something I am never eating again lol
    I second that.. ewwweeeeee I can't eat catfish for the same reason
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am finding this very interesting to see what people don't like
  • artsiefartsiek
    Options
    Not a big banana or fish person. I really don't like onions and never really liked peppers until recently. I LOVE them chopped in brown rice!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Quinoa.

It's like a mouth full of tiny super balls. I'm not convinced that anybody likes it. I think people are just being pretentious when they say they eat the stuff.