I CANNOT STOP EATING OR THINKING ABOUT FOOD?? HELP.

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from the same problem as me and if so what they do to stop themselves.

I find that I think about food and talk about food for most of the day...sad i know!

I am also eating a lot more then I need right now, I am having 3 big meals a day as well as breakfast and snacks(sweets), ice cream and granola as an example or another bowl of cereal at night after my last big meal. I am not over weight however am gaining weight and If I continue the way I am then it is only a matter of time. I already do not feel happy with my appearance but jut cant seem to stop myself.

Can anyone offer me any advice, i guess i just need to say NO to myself and get some willpower.

Hope to hear back from people.

Thank you

Replies

• happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Where are you in your cycle? Are you at the point where the hungries get you? What I do when I am like this is make sure that I am eating every few hours ( seems strange I know) and getting a hit of protein each time. I find that this calms my eating down within 24 hours or so.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Use a DVR t record your TV shows, this way you can fast forward through the commercials. Could it be that all of the food commercials are triggering the desire? Also writing down what you "plan" to eat each day might help you with a little will-power.
  • khern10
    khern10 Posts: 24
    Options
    If I just want to eat just to eat then I put some minty sugarfree gum in my mouth. This stops me for the time being or brush your teeth. Like brush your teeth right after dinner instead of waiting til bedtime.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was like that..constantly reading yelp reviews for what restaurant to try next! I've noticed since I have been eating healthier and exercising I am not that hungry any more. Im not sure why..but exercising has helped. I guess instead of feeling hungry, I exercise, then feel great and forget about my hunger? I usually have to push myself to eat dinner after my workout.