low calorie recipes

Options
i would love any low calorie breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes that ppl would like to share. w/ pictures would be amazing!! i definitely am looking for breakfast ideas hopefully under 350 calories. i want something other then eggs toast and yogurt in the am :)

Replies

• lucylou9701
    Options
    steel cut oats (oatmeal) 150 calories per 1/2 cup dry. Add on an apple for 60 and maybe a protein shake or something. Thats just under 350:)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    This is a totally great place to look for low calorie recipes - with pictures!

http://tinyurl.com/3kvy9n8

:flowerforyou:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    wheat toast with a wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese..and a fruit.. mmmm really good and there is still room for more...
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I only have high calorie recipes.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Search the internet.

• Immaskinnycow
    Immaskinnycow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wheat toast with a wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese..and a fruit.. mmmm really good and there is still room for more...

The 35 calorie wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese with 2 slices of sara lee 45 calorie wheat bread makes a killer grilled/toasted cheese sandwich. If you make the grilled cheese version, you can use non-stick canola cooking spray or a light oleo spread and it would probably be less than 150 calories. Add some grapes or grapefruit or apple or even apple sauce and you would still be way under 350.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i don't have a photo but i found this recipe in my "clean eating" magazine a couple of months ago and i have made it a couple of times on the weekend and it is wonderful!

Blueberry Cheese-cake stuffed french toast casserole

spray 9 by 13 pan and line with whole wheat bread slices

in food processor make filling...
    1 c low fat ricotta (i used cottage cheese because that is what i had and it was fine)
    1/2 c neufchatel cheese
    1 lg egg
    2 T brown sugar or evap can juice

process until smooth and spread over bread

top with 1 3/4 fresh blueberries

top with more bread slices

in another bowl...
    mix 3 lg eggs, 1 T brown sugar, 2 egg whites, i cup skim milk, 2 t vanilla, 1 t cinnamon, 1/4 t salt and pour over the bread

put 1/4 c unsalted almonds slices in a baggie and add 2 T brown sugar. crush with rolling pin and sprinkle on top

cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 min, uncover and bake for another 15 min or so.

with the leftover blueberries i made a blueberry sauce by simmering in just a little bit of orange juice til it was reduced down and spooned a lttle on top.

it says 285 cal for 3'by 4' slice but you can have a little bigger than that because the recipe called for 13-14 slices of bread and i only used 12 :wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is really to prepare:

2 grapes and a glass of water.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options

The 35 calorie wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese with 2 slices of sara lee 45 calorie wheat bread makes a killer grilled/toasted cheese sandwich. If you make the grilled cheese version, you can use non-stick canola cooking spray or a light oleo spread and it would probably be less than 150 calories. Add some grapes or grapefruit or apple or even apple sauce and you would still be way under 350.

OMG I love grilled cheese..never thought about trying it like that...thanks for the idea...I love eating it for breakfast and now being able to have it as grilled cheese...mmm soo good especially for the soon to be cold weather..:)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

You accidentally the adjective.
  • alf40
    alf40 Posts: 2
    Options
    bump
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Silly. You forgot the pictures for the recipe.

Here they are.

glass_water.jpg250px-Table_grapes_on_white.jpg
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Place a raw egg in a pan.
    Add enough water to the pan to cover the egg.
    Add enough heat to the bottom of the pan to boil the water.
    Let the egg remain in the boiling water for 6-10 minutes.
    Remove the egg from the pan.
    Peel the egg.
    Eat the egg.
    Yields one serving, approximately 75 calories.

Or.
    Go to Denny's.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options

wow im sure that took more time than ACTUALLY providing useful information. If I wanted to search for something I would have done it. A recommendation for a peer is far more valuable than advertisements from a generic search engine. SO how about this next time... http://tinyurl.com/yec5txt
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal and half a sm banana and coffee thats around 220
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really like www.skinnytaste.com. Lots of the recipes are already in the database here. My family has enjoyed the Sante Fe chicken, carnitas, lasagna roll-ups, and several soups.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

wow im sure that took more time than ACTUALLY providing useful information. If I wanted to search for something I would have done it. A recommendation for a peer is far more valuable than advertisements from a generic search engine. SO how about this next time... http://tinyurl.com/yec5txt

senseofhumour.gif
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

. Good for you! I've noticed people being more catty in recent days than when I first got on here. I know people like to have a sense of humor, but if someone is asking for help or advice, we need to give it. Support is basically the whole point of these forums. Why cut someone down just so you can amuse yourself? Especially when its a decent question. I can google with the best of them, but I've gotten some of my best meal ideas from people of this site. Again, I know people like to joke and everything, but some things definitely seems unnecessarily catty to me.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Except my link did provide exactly what the OP requested.

Someone needs a sandwich.