Can anyone give their thoughts/advice on the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I'm relatively new to MFP and I am a college student with a job. I go to the gym, but sometimes it isn't possible to make it back out and to the gym due to homework and such. I could easily do a 20 min workout in just the time it would take me to get to the gym and back!

So, before I make this purchase, I would LOVE to know your thoughts.

And is anyone interested in doing it along with me?
What are your results looking like?

Replies

• AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I never used it 30 days ina row. I did do it for 8 days in a row once but then got bored. I'm the type of person that needs to do different things during the week to stay motivated. However, it is a GREAT workout and can be very challenging. I'm actually letting my friend borrow it since she just asked me for it today. I think I'm going to try and do it one more itme before I let her borrow it because I know that soon as I let her use it I'm going to want it haha. I say go for it!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred works! I am on level 3. I have have lost a total of 13 inches sinnce my last measurments. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And this is the only thing I have been doing. It's been two months since i've started working out to her DVDs and I feel great. I feel stronger too. As of now it's time for a new workout DVD, Ripped in 30 will be next. But i agreed to workout to level 3 of shred untill mid Nov and then i'll move on. Great buy though, highly recommend plus its only $10:drinker:
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    I love it. I do it the series every couple of months. I swear that it makes my endurance better. Make sure that you use a heavy enough weight so that you struggle at the end of each strength circuit.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just purchased 30 day Shred and 2 other of her vidoes today on Amazon. I ahave heard great results about it so I just have to try it myself. I too, am a college student and work full time as a social worker, I know how you feel on trying to get to the gym!
  • Go_n4Gold
    Options
    I am sorry... could you please define just what a shred is? I have ideas but am not sure as I have not ever heard of this. I do know what you mean about traveling to and from the gym eating up precious time one might have to spend working out.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Im only on day three however I have started and got to day three and than had to restart three times lol (so day 9 techniqually?) Its AMAZING!! Spend the 9bucks and get it... the only tool u will need is some hand weights and ur set to go! I love it cause its easy moves you will get down quick (I had level 1 memorized after one time) and its quick (only 20mins!) so it fights into any routine and the best part is you wiill feel it in all the right places( I was so sore in that dreaded "pouch" area on my stomache and the flab flop in the back of my arms!) Id def. recommend it, Im trying to get on a routine where I do the whole 30days cause I know my body will change once I do. Jillians tells you everything u need ot hear to keep it going I love it!! Im also into her yoga meltdown dvd if u like pilates or yoga its a mix of the two but with cardio... Good luck :-)
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do day three today and I am super sore from the last two days.
    I can't tell you what the end result it, but I can tell you it's working muscles that would have perfered I didn't know they were there!

It's really inexpensive on Amazone ($8). I say go for it!
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hear there are a lot of people doing it. I have not tried this one but am on day 4 of Jilliam Michaels Ripped in 30 and so far I love it. I don't weigh in until Monday so not sure on the weight loss but I feel great. I agree sometimes its just easier to work at it from home.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Its cheap, it works, it's good to have around for anytime quick workouts. She emphasizes form, which helps you not hurt yourself. You can take it easy if you are feeling like it's too hard, and stay at one level, or favor a body part. Or you can go whole hog and really work it. Excellent toning! It might stall your weight loss, but thats only because you build muscle and shape. Take your measurements, because many people find inches gone after!

You will get a really good workout in short order and burn around 200-350 calories per session. Each stands on it's own. I found it challenging, my more muscular daughter found it just another good workout. I worked my way up to it with other exercise this year from couch to zumba, to these sorts of things on DVD's. Going to the gym is inconvenient for me! I get more workout in with less hoopla and reliability if I squeeze it in at home when I can. Target has 2lb, 3lb, 5lb, and 8lb weights. You will maybe want to get the first couple or up to 5lbs at first. Go as fast or slow as you want! Some double up on the work outs once they finish. Do it!

I hear Ripped in 30 is very similar.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    I want to try this after I'm done with my current workout, but what size weights would you all recommend?
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    invest int a set with 3, 5 & 8. I usually only use the 5s mainly, but sometimes the 3. 8 for when you get stronger or want to do other stuff...
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did 30ds from beg of aug till mid sept.took a few days off in the beg becuz i had sore knees. i highly recommand this dvd as i lost 6lbs and a TON of inches!! didnt take measurements but by my before and after pics its a huge transformation!! im now on 2nd round of 30ds(day 5 level 1 ) along with her other dvd 6 week 6 pack..and oh man level 2 of that one is a KILLER!!

beg of 30ds
    beforestarting30dayshred-1.jpg

end of 30ds
    lastdayof30DS.jpg
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Good for you! :)

I do not have a whole lot of upper body strength. It's almost a catch 22 for me because I find it impossible to do upper body work outs but that's the only way to gain the strength..
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand the lack of time to get to the gym regularly. I have a toddler and work full time. After a full day of work finding the motivation to go to the gym for an hour on a regular basis was impossible for me. I bought this DVD and tried to do it at home after work. I still found it very hard to do enough times to make it worth it. Then I decided to try waking up earlier in the morning and doing it before my shower. I will tell you right now I am not a morning person and was not very confident that this new plan would work. Holy cow was I wrong! I love doing it in the mornings. It's short enough that it doesn't feel like I'm getting up that much earlier and I have so much more energy in the morning than at night. Since I started my morning routine (mid-July) I do it 4-5 times a week, have lost 20 lbs and gone down 2 jean sizes! The results are great, I push myself hard, but also have knee issues and follow the modified moves. I highly recommend this video, it's so easy to stay motivated especially when your seeing results. Good luck!
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did it two days last week and my whole body hurt for the two days after that. I'm not sure if can do it every day for a month, but that's my goal. I don't know if any of you know about this, but where I live I get Execise On Demand with my cable package and a bunch of the Jillian Michaels workouts are on there so I didn't have to order the DVDs online.
  • raqattack8
    Options
    I'm relatively new to MFP and I am a college student with a job. I go to the gym, but sometimes it isn't possible to make it back out and to the gym due to homework and such. I could easily do a 20 min workout in just the time it would take me to get to the gym and back!

So, before I make this purchase, I would LOVE to know your thoughts.

And is anyone interested in doing it along with me?
    What are your results looking like?

Hey there,
    I bought the 30 Day Shred about 5 months ago and only yesterday I opened the packet and I did the work out. It was great but I was thinking the same thing how am I going to go doing the same DVD for 30 days I love variety as a spice of life, but I hear so many great things about it. let me know how you go.
    Raquel
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    I had read either on this forum or another one I had been tracking on the topic that people mix up the sessions to make it less monotonous. I am sure I, myself, will have to keep at the 1st session for awhile before I can move up the levels! We should definetly keep up with one another on the matter! I'm going to look around and see about buying it very soon to see what the fuss is about.

I also like to Wii Fit Plus. I'm not sure about how helpful it is, but it gives me something to do when I can't make it to the gym and it adds a little fun into my work out plan!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd round of 30 day shred. The results are great. yes, it's a little boring do the same work out 10 days in a row but the results really are worth it.
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    Have you lost weight or inches? I have seen people state they didn't lose much weight. I know I should take my measurements, but weight is a go to! I want to lose weight and inches! Lol
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I didn't get tired of it because I was working so hard trying to do it all the way through. Building up on level 2 and 3 took a week or so. It's too short to be too bored.

If you have the wii get Zumba for it. Biggest burn I have done! Also good!! 350-750 calories an hour on my HRM!
    I had read either on this forum or another one I had been tracking on the topic that people mix up the sessions to make it less monotonous. I am sure I, myself, will have to keep at the 1st session for awhile before I can move up the levels! We should definetly keep up with one another on the matter! I'm going to look around and see about buying it very soon to see what the fuss is about.

I also like to Wii Fit Plus. I'm not sure about how helpful it is, but it gives me something to do when I can't make it to the gym and it adds a little fun into my work out plan!